I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm wanting Pappasitos, it's been awhile since I've been there, ours isn't very convenient to get to. Tex-Mex is my go to food, I'm thankful to be back in Texas where there is plenty of it. We had one restaurant in Maryland that we went to, I like the variety here.
We definitely are lacking Tex-Mex here in CO! We did get a Chuy's though so that made us super happy :D

I’m totally behind on the thread, but I’m running in to the room to spread the happy news, my DS was offered a piano performance scholarship at his first choice college which will be in addition to his academic scholarship. He’s wanting to work on music in the film industry. The scholarship won’t be enough to cover his entire college cost, but it will help A LOT!
Congrats to your son and to you!!! You done good, mama!!

I’m totally behind on the thread, but I’m running in to the room to spread the happy news, my DS was offered a piano performance scholarship at his first choice college which will be in addition to his academic scholarship. He’s wanting to work on music in the film industry. The scholarship won’t be enough to cover his entire college cost, but it will help A LOT!

Congratulations! :cheer2:

I think it may depend on the country? I researched this a lot and never really did find a good answer. I had seen where people were denied entry onto the plane getting there if they couldn't produce a return ticket. I didn't want to take any chances, so we did book DD a return ticket. She said no one ever asked to see it. We did have to show a round trip "reservation" when we got her visa, but it said not to buy it before the visa was finalized. So I just printed a random itinerary from kayak. It worked, lol, but not sure that is what was intended. She still is unsure of her final day. I booked a ticket that could be changed, but I am thinking as the date gets closer it will be extremely expensive to actually change.

Thanks so much for the info. DD needs to get a resident something (permit, visa, I don't know really) and not a travel visa, and she hasn't seen anything that says she needs a return ticket, but I want to make sure before we advise her on the flights. She can't get that resident thing until her housing is settled, and that seems to be dragging on and on. It's complicated. I just don't want her to wait so long that all the award flights and all the cheap cash flights are gone (cheap being a relative thing here LOL).

I just got my folio from our stay last weekend...after emailing and calling and basically pleading to see my bill...weird...

Anyways, $161.03 on food. 4 nights 5 days. that included a popcorn bucket and refillable mug. Whoop whoop! I was sort of playing a game with myself to see how cheap we could eat. I did have $50 of groceries delivered that I didn't count b/c I would have had to buy groceries even if I had been home. Maybe I need to write an article on cheap eats at disney.:ssst:
Very impressive!

Congratulations! :cheer2:

Thanks so much for the info. DD needs to get a resident something (permit, visa, I don't know really) and not a travel visa, and she hasn't seen anything that says she needs a return ticket, but I want to make sure before we advise her on the flights. She can't get that resident thing until her housing is settled, and that seems to be dragging on and on. It's complicated. I just don't want her to wait so long that all the award flights and all the cheap cash flights are gone (cheap being a relative thing here LOL).

My DDs resident visa was a nightmare of a process. I am guessing it is country specific. But we had to go IN PERSON to the embassy in DC between the hours of 8-12 M-F only, during the school semester when she has class everyday. It was a pain! And ended up having to go twice because they didn't like her paperwork the first time. We are only 3.5 hours away driving, so not too terrible bad, but I don't know how people from other parts of the country were able to do it. Because again, we had to go twice and wait over a week for their corrected paperwork to come back. I didn't buy a roundtrip ticket. By the time we got her paperwork it was like 3 weeks till departure so I quickly bought that thinking it would be easy to find a return flight 6 months later. Wrong again. It was much more difficult to find return flights. Not sure if it was because it will be summer here (June), but it is winter there then, so not sure. Good luck!

Last edited:
Congrats to your son..TU, right? He'll love it there.

Last edited:
every airport has free massages... just ask a TSA agent... :P i think they call it a pat down though...
I always get the free massage without requesting it! Every single time! I guess I look very suspicious with my less than 5feet height and 115lbs :sad2:o_O

That is awesome! Congrats to him and to you!

I detest car shopping! I am horrible at making decisions. I research so much that I just confuse myself. I was just telling friends that it took me over a year to pick out my last vacuum, how can I pick out a car? Lol My last 2 cars were Honda Odysseys. I did buy the 2nd one quickly because the first got totaled so didn’t have a choice. My DH’s last 2 cars were both Honda Accords. We are pretty boring. Lol But this time I want different.

I hate car shopping also! But mostly because I don't really care about cars or what I drive. So we have 3 cars, all in DH's name. Can't remember the last time I shopped for one.

Is this a Chase shutdown in the making??

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/b43qvb/discussion_thread_march_22_2019/ej5iac5/

Seriously...what makes these people think they are bulletproof??

Wait, "~800 Real biz." but then "I charge ~$30k in biz a month organically …" either someone doesn't understand the concept of revenue and expenses or I guess he's missing some zeros there? And still, consistently high spend over 6 years doesn't change how 5 cards in 3 months looks like to the risk department. I'm pretty sure that's exactly how a business "going out with a bang" would look like. Did no one read the story of Icarus in school?

We definitely are lacking Tex-Mex here in CO! We did get a Chuy's though so that made us super happy :D

I saw one off of Hwy 36! For a minute, I thought the sign said Chevy's, which is a Southwest-type restaurant up in the WA state where we lived for a while, and I was happy to go eat there again. I had to look up Chuy's, and it looks like a good place to try!

I saw one off of Hwy 36! For a minute, I thought the sign said Chevy's, which is a Southwest-type restaurant up in the WA state where we lived for a while, and I was happy to go eat there again. I had to look up Chuy's, and it looks like a good place to try!
Yes, y’all have one up there too! I think yours was first and we almost made the drive before hearing one was opening down here.

I’ve had Chevy’s as well. Didn’t they used to be here in the area? It’s been a long time since I ate there but can’t remember where it was!

Hi all--as a dedicated lurker, I'm working hard to get caught up, but I keep falling further behind. I am seeking advice, though on whether you experts think it would be safe for P1 or P2 to go for a second CIP. We would be using our SSN. Here are our stats:

P1 (3/24)
CSP 5/17
United Mileage Plus 9/17
CIP 4/18
Southwest Business 10/18
Southwest Plus 11/18

P2 (3/24)
CSP 3/17
Southwest Plus 7/17
CIP 3/18
United Mileage Plus 8/18
United Business 2/19

If you think it would be okay, who would you recommend apply? I really appreciate all of the advice on here. I know I haven't posted much, but the help I've gotten here has sent my family to: Costa Rica, the Desert Southwest-Vegas + 4 National Parks, Florida (X2), Belize and San Antonio, and has funded upcoming trips to Iceland and Florida. I did dip into some of my UR for the flights to Iceland which is why I'm working to replenish the supply. I really appreciate any advice!

I don't know if anyone ever got back to you, this thread moves really fast, and I think there's a lot of skimming to try to stay caught up so your post might have been lost.

Here are my thoughts in your situation. Have P1 cancel CIP*, this will free up some credit line, then P2 refer P1 to CIP in April (30 days after closing 1st CIP). After P1 has CIP#2, then P2 cancel their first CIP and P1 can refer P2 to their 2nd CIP (again 30 days after closing). Since P2 just opened a Chase card 2/19 it makes sense for P2 to wait til May-ish.

General guidelines seem to be no more than 1/30d, 3/6mo and 4/12mo for Chase velocity. Someone else might weigh in with different velocity numbers.

You've done a great job so far!

*Apparently holding a CIP doesn't exclude you from getting another one, it's just I figure you might want to reduce CLs anyway before applying...P2 will have their AF coming up soon anyway.

My DDs resident visa was a nightmare of a process. I am guessing it is country specific. But we had to go IN PERSON to the embassy in DC between the hours of 8-12 M-F only, during the school semester when she has class everyday. It was a pain! And ended up having to go twice because they didn't like her paperwork the first time. We are only 3.5 hours away driving, so not too terrible bad, but I don't know how people from other parts of the country were able to do it. Because again, we had to go twice and wait over a week for their corrected paperwork to come back. I didn't buy a roundtrip ticket. By the time we got her paperwork it was like 3 weeks till departure so I quickly bought that thinking it would be easy to find a return flight 6 months later. Wrong again. It was much more difficult to find return flights. Not sure if it was because it will be summer here (June), but it is winter there then, so not sure. Good luck!

Wow. I remembered it was difficult but I didn't realize how bad it really was. We are nowhere near DC, so I'll hope it's country specific and it won't be that bad for my DD. She is going through a joint program between the US State Dept & Norway (gov't, too) so I'm hoping that they will help streamline this a bit (although I'm not actually seeing that happening). Since she can't apply for residency until she has housing (and that is taking forever) she hasn't sent in the resident paperwork yet.

Finally got a flight home tomorrow instead of Monday! Took several calls totaling about three hours all from SW canceling my original flight. They won’t offer any compensation and had the nerve to tell me they at least canceled it more than 5 days out so I could adjust my plans. ***! I think next time I am just going to play the game against them and book an extra flight in case they do this crap again since you can cancel up until an hour before...

Have you tried calling SW out for this on Twitter? Our flight from BOI to OAK was 2.5 hours late leaving BOI yesterday morning due to a possible bird strike that happened the night before on the inbound flight. They boarded the A group on time (which included DS and me because we are both taking advantage of an offer for limited-time A-List status) and then stopped the boarding process (leaving DH and DD at the gate). They boarded everyone else after an hour or so but then we sat for another hour plus while the paperwork cleared to let us take off. DS and I had been on the plane for 3+ hours by the time we took off. I tweeted and tagged Southwest wondering why the engine inspection wasn’t done the previous evening instead of waiting until our flight was boarding. The flight attendants were actually fantastic handling the delay, and we were told that we would all receive vouchers. But then they said that they had only had time to print out vouchers for those with connecting flights before we took off. Those vouchers were attached to the updated boarding passes they distributed to the passengers with connections. They said the rest of us would receive our vouchers as we deplaned in OAK. No surprise that those vouchers never materialized. So I tweeted SW again about our vouchers. They suggested I send them a DM with our confirmation numbers. I did that, and we all had emails with $100 vouchers within a couple of hours. Totally worth a shot in your case since, at least in my opinion, what happened to you was way worse.

Congrats to your son...that’s wonderful news !!!

Wow. I remembered it was difficult but I didn't realize how bad it really was. We are nowhere near DC, so I'll hope it's country specific and it won't be that bad for my DD. She is going through a joint program between the US State Dept & Norway (gov't, too) so I'm hoping that they will help streamline this a bit (although I'm not actually seeing that happening). Since she can't apply for residency until she has housing (and that is taking forever) she hasn't sent in the resident paperwork yet.

They had embassy offices in NYC, DC and LA, so I think we could have gone to any, but still that leaves tons of people far far away. She didn't know of anyone else studying abroad in other countries that had to go in person. Lucky us. :crazy2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts