• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you, I would miss my Odyssey so much. It's 12 years old and I hope to still have it for some time. I love how much can fit in it. We go to Costco and don't have to worry about if there's space in the back. I can fold down the 3rd row, remove 2nd row seats if needed, no need to rent a truck to pick up something big. DH drives an AWD Ford Escape and its cargo area is so teeny tiny it's embarrassing. Forget about going on a road trip in that car! I look at sedans and SUVs now, and I'm like, yeah but can you bring home a 75" flat screen TV? I don't think so lol! DH thinks I should get a new car now, then we can hand it down to DD when she gets to driving, but that would mean giving up the minivan and that makes me sad, I'm not ready. :laughing:

One word - convertible :cool2:

In a word: GORGEOUS! It is usually high 60 to low 70s mid-late October. If the leaves are changing it's really pretty. Fall is my favorite season hands down!
Thanks. You are making me really want to do that trip now. I was not really that into Toronto in Oct thinking it might be cold and dreary.

Hi from IAH! I’m 2 hours into my 8 hour layover and forgot my PP (and login/pw) so I’m changing and staring at a blank wall...not as exciting as it sounds!

PSA-don’t forget your pp card or login/pw when you have an 8 hour layover.
Doesn't help you now, but I was able to add my card to my iPhone Wallet. I didn't need my card in the Atlanta lounge, just used the phone.

The Escape is one DH told me to look into.
I have an Edge and love it. Plenty of cargo space for me. I was thinking of downsizing to an Escape when I go to get a new car, but those few times I want more space I think I would hate it.

Doesn’t the IAH Centurion Lounge offer free massages?

Sadly, no. It’s nice but pretty small. Still, nice to have a comfy chair, food and March Madness (v. blank white wall). No complaints!

That was me until the big dogs. I keep trying to foist my SUV on DH and get a mini cooper convertible. I really miss driving topless- a sun/moon roof just isn’t the same!

Wow, US Bank seems terrible.

I received a text message from USB with an access code, as if you were trying to access your account online and change a password. I didn't make the request. Immediately logged on and changed my password, and I called USB (as many of these banks instruct you to do). I was bounced from the main customer service line, to fraud, to web support, back to fraud, to account management - and at that point I just hung up.

I changed my password and I monitor my accounts closely for unauthorized spend. I'm clearly much better equipped to handle this than you are, USB.

Wow, US Bank seems terrible.

I received a text message from USB with an access code, as if you were trying to access your account online and change a password. I didn't make the request. Immediately logged on and changed my password, and I called USB (as many of these banks instruct you to do). I was bounced from the main customer service line, to fraud, to web support, back to fraud, to account management - and at that point I just hung up.

I changed my password and I monitor my accounts closely for unauthorized spend. I'm clearly much better equipped to handle this than you are, USB.

Could have been someone like me. My REI Mastercard is through USBank, and I sometimes forget whether my login is first initial, last name, or whole first name, last name.

Ha! I'm sure DD would love getting that as a hand me down!

TBH I don't see many convertibles in CO, at least where I am. I'm guessing the cold and snow have something to do with it. Last time we were in Maui, DH & I rented a convertible during our stay and did the road all the way around the island and it was the perfect car for that.

Ha! I'm sure DD would love getting that as a hand me down!

TBH I don't see many convertibles in CO, at least where I am. I'm guessing the cold and snow have something to do with it. Last time we were in Maui, DH & I rented a convertible during our stay and did the road all the way around the island and it was the perfect car for that.
I don't seem them a ton here either. We rented one when we went to the Hoover Dam from vegas and I looked like this:

18c9302cd392ed5d54c01a26da36b919.png

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Ok not quite, but it was still pretty bad.

My grandma had a convertible in NE. I sure enjoyed borrowing it over Spring Break in college :drive:

OK, I'm running Plastiq Biz Referral Numbers. Plan:
$600 to finish CIC MSR = $615 OOP, get 10,615 URs (includes portion of SUB)
$5000 on DHs CIP 2 = $5125 OOP, get 85,125 URs

Then: each of us gets AA Biz
$2000 on each = $4100 OOP total, get 84,100 AA miles total plus ~$160 for selling AA GCs from statement credit (also hopefully match for additional 40k miles total)
Put last $400 on a UR biz card = $410 OOP, get 410 URs

So $10k I am spending anyways, for $250 in Plastiq fees I get 96,150 URs + 84,100-124,100 AA miles + ~$160 cash.
But then I'm giving myself another $20k in FFD total. How often can I get AA biz cards again? :rolleyes1 We just happen to be at a point where we have $10k, soon to be almost $15k, ready to pay off our cars. Soooo...

Worst case scenario if I can't get AA cards, I put it all on the CIP except the $600 on my CIC. I get 100,250 URs plus the FFDs.

OK, I'm running Plastiq Biz Referral Numbers. Plan:
$600 to finish CIC MSR = $615 OOP, get 10,615 URs (includes portion of SUB)
$5000 on DHs CIP 2 = $5125 OOP, get 85,125 URs

Then: each of us gets AA Biz
$2000 on each = $4100 OOP total, get 84,100 AA miles total plus ~$160 for selling AA GCs from statement credit (also hopefully match for additional 40k miles total)
Put last $400 on a UR biz card = $410 OOP, get 410 URs

So $10k I am spending anyways, for $250 in Plastiq fees I get 96,150 URs + 84,100-124,100 AA miles + ~$160 cash.
But then I'm giving myself another $20k in FFD total. How often can I get AA biz cards again? :rolleyes1 We just happen to be at a point where we have $10k, soon to be almost $15k, ready to pay off our cars. Soooo...

Worst case scenario if I can't get AA cards, I put it all on the CIP except the $600 on my CIC. I get 100,250 URs plus the FFDs.

I’m in a similar situation where I’ve got a lot of bills coming up and may try out Plastiq. I’m debating what type of business card to get in addition to CIP. What’s leaning you towards the AA biz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter