I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my new SPG card came today already. Saw a report yesterday on r/churning from someone who got it overnighted and sure enough I got an email around 3am saying it had shipped already and here it from UPS. Where were they last year with the SPG Biz we were all waiting for? I mistimed my application then and I think I ended up putting something on another card because I couldn't wait the few more days until it arrived. I guess they used some of the money from the bonus they decided to not pay me to splurge on the next day service… although with no spend requirement I'm not really in a hurry to charge anything on it - jokes on them! :laughing:

When I type Bonvoy, I keep making the typo bonboy, which my computer wants to autocorrect to bonbon.

Did anyone in marketing even think about this before rebranding?!

And what the heck would a bonboy be, anyway? Good boy?

When I type Bonvoy, I keep making the typo bonboy, which my computer wants to autocorrect to bonbon.

Did anyone in marketing even think about this before rebranding?!

And what the heck would a bonboy be, anyway? Good boy?

haha, first search result seems... to make a lot of sense with Bonvoy... :P

haha, first search result seems... to make a lot of sense with Bonvoy... :P

Urban dictionary? It's my 3rd result but it's fitting though it's for bon bon boy. I've known some of these boys throughout the years too. Just bon boy because google wants to separate I get - Bon boy. Definition: This is the name give to a woman that gives birth to a male child. My first result is from ancestry.com. Guess it shows the difference in our googling :)

Urban dictionary? It's my 3rd result but it's fitting though it's for bon bon boy. I've known some of these boys throughout the years too. Just bon boy because google wants to separate I get - Bon boy. Definition: This is the name give to a woman that gives birth to a male child. My first result is from ancestry.com. Guess it shows the difference in our googling :)

haha, it came up as the first result for me.

also, if ur buying amazon gift cards and holding on to them... a good article to read.
http://milesperday.com/2019/02/psa-dont-buy-the-old-amazon-gift-card-designs-at-safeway-kroger-or-any-store/

Confession: I'm 35 yrs old and I've never used a taxi, Uber, Lyft, etc. I've always just had a rental car or took public transit. However, we're going to New Orleans before our cruise Mar 15-17th (St Patrick's Day) so its going to be VERY busy. Staying at Holiday Inn Gretna which is across the river. They do have a shuttle for $5/person BUT with 6 people (17 total in our party), I'm thinking Uber may be the way to go and just meet up. I recall seeing all kinds of credits/bonuses for Uber or Lyft but at that time I didn't need them. Now they'd be handy.....anyone recall where they've seen the best bonuses/sign ups?

My In-n-Out doesn't show on the app, but I do get credit for it. Between that, Target and Starbucks I'm really enjoying Pei. Every 5 transactions gets a 50pt bonus. When I added my accounts, because my daughter's accounts are still linked to mine as a student account, all of hers were also added so she's earning for me as well.
Are there any support links for Pei, I see one on dischurners, but it says it's invalid?

Limited-time enhanced signup offers on Amex's Bonvoy Brilliant (formerly the SPG Lux) and Bonvoy Business (formerly SPG Biz) are now available.

Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card - 100,000 Bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 4/24/2019. $450 Annual Fee. 6x Points at Marriott Hotels. 3x Points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines. 2x Points on all other eligible purchases. $300 Marriott statement credits each year of card membership. 1 Free Night Award every year after your card account anniversary for redemption at or under 50,000 points. Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status.

The Bonvoy Brilliant welcome bonus is not available to applicants who have or have had the following cards in the last 30 days:
  • The Ritz-Carlton Credit Card from JPMorgan
  • The J.P. Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card
It’s also not available to applicants to have or have had the following cards in the last 90 days:
  • The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless from Chase
  • The Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase
  • The Marriott Bonvoy Premier from Chase
  • The Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card from Chase
  • The Marriott Bonvoy Premier Business from Chase
  • The Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase
It’s also not available to applicants who have received a welcome bonus or upgrade offer on the following cards in the last 24 months:
  • The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ from Chase
  • The Marriott Bonvoy Premier Plus Business from Chase
Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card - 100,000 Bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 4/24/2019. $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95 for the second year if application received before 3/28/2019. Effective 3/28/2019, $125 Annual Fee. 6x Points at Marriott Hotels. 4x Points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers & on U.S. purchases for shipping. 2x Points on all other eligible purchases. 1 Free Night Award every year after your card account anniversary for redemption at or under 35,000 points. Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status.

The Bonvoy Business welcome bonus is not available to applicants who have or have had the following cards in the last 30 days:
  • The Marriott Bonvoy Business from Chase
  • The Marriott Rewards Business Credit Card from Chase
It’s also not available to applicants to have or have had the following cards in the last 90 days:
It’s also not available to applicants who have received a welcome bonus on the following cards in the last 24 months:
  • The Marriott Bonvoy Premier Plus from Chase
There are no "support" links available for these cards yet, although the bloggers are already peddling their affiliate links. (The above are public links, not referrals or affiliates.) The 100k bonus offers end 4/24/19, so you have some time. If you're thinking about applying for the Bonvoy Biz it's best to get your application in before 3/28/19 to avoid a first year AF and pay a lower $95 AF in the second year to get the 35k FN certificate (presumably, the AF will then go up to $125 in the third year).

If you'd rather wait on Chase's Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card, which will have its own 100k bonus offer, that comes out 2/28/18.

Last edited:

But see bon bon boy.

:rotfl2:

What happens when a company goes out of business and you have a credit card with them? I have a Gymboree Visa that I haven't used in years. Just curious. :) TIA!

If you're thinking about applying for the Bonvoy Biz it's best to get your application in before 3/28/19 to avoid a first year AF and pay a lower $95 AF in the second year to get the 35k FN certificate (presumably, the AF will then go up to $125 in the third year).

Maybe I'll get that for DH... jeez I have so many cards I want to get here in the next couple months lol. Where the heck am I going to fit this CIU in for DH!

Limited-time enhanced signup offers on Amex's Bonvoy Brilliant (formerly the SPG Lux) and Bonvoy Business (formerly SPG Biz) are now available.

Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card - 100,000 Bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 4/24/2019. $450 Annual Fee. 6x Points at Marriott Hotels. 3x Points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines. 2x Points on all other eligible purchases. $300 Marriott statement credits each year of card membership. 1 Free Night Award every year after your card account anniversary for redemption at or under 50,000 points. Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status.

The Bonvoy Brilliant welcome bonus is not available to applicants who have or have had the following cards in the last 30 days:
  • The Ritz-Carlton Credit Card from JPMorgan
  • The J.P. Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card
It’s also not available to applicants who have received a welcome bonus or upgrade offer on the following cards in the last 24 months:
  • The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ from Chase
  • The Marriott Bonvoy Premier Plus Business from Chase
Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card - 100,000 Bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 4/24/2019. $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95 for the second year if application received before 3/28/2019. Effective 3/28/2019, $125 Annual Fee. 6x Points at Marriott Hotels. 4x Points at t U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers & on U.S. purchases for shipping. 2x Points on all other eligible purchases. 1 Free Night Award every year after your card account anniversary for redemption at or under 35,000 points. Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status.

The Bonvoy Business welcome bonus is not available to applicants who have or have had the following cards in the last 30 days:
  • The Marriott Bonvoy Business from Chase
  • The Marriott Rewards Business Credit Card from Chase
It’s also not available to applicants who have received a welcome bonus on the following cards in the last 24 months:
  • The Marriott Bonvoy Premier Plus from Chase
There are no "support" links available for these cards yet, although the bloggers are already peddling their affiliate links. (The above are public links, not referrals or affiliates.) The 100k bonus offers end 4/24/19, so you have some time. If you're thinking about applying for the Bonvoy Biz it's best to get your application in before 3/28/19 to avoid a first year AF and pay a lower $95 AF in the second year to get the 35k FN certificate (presumably, the AF will then go up to $125 in the third year).

If you'd rather wait on Chase's Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card, which will have its own 100k bonus offer, that comes out 2/28/18.
Added to News thread - thanks for this AWESOME and detailed post :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/aj6vx6/news_discussion_thread/

I just wanted to say THANKS to all of you and especially @SouthFayetteFan for the hand-holding - I just applied for a CIP and got approved instantly! WOO HOO! Looks like my selling crap on eBay and Craigslist is now even more profitable! :) Thanks again to everyone - this is such a nice and helpful group!

What happens when a company goes out of business and you have a credit card with them? I have a Gymboree Visa that I haven't used in years. Just curious. :) TIA!

The card issuer will sometimes product change it into one of their own cards. Can check out what Toys R Us did recently, Synchrony converted the cards to a 2% cashback card I think (something like that). Sometimes it just closes but I'd think the card issuer is more inclined to keep existing customers and would want to offer you something to stay.

My Toys R Us MasterCard converted over to a 2% cash back card...I get offers about twice a year on it for spend $500 get $100 back...although they vary slightly. I haven't used it since September. It has a $25k line on it so I will keep if for an extreme emergency.

Confession: I'm 35 yrs old and I've never used a taxi, Uber, Lyft, etc. I've always just had a rental car or took public transit. However, we're going to New Orleans before our cruise Mar 15-17th (St Patrick's Day) so its going to be VERY busy. Staying at Holiday Inn Gretna which is across the river. They do have a shuttle for $5/person BUT with 6 people (17 total in our party), I'm thinking Uber may be the way to go and just meet up. I recall seeing all kinds of credits/bonuses for Uber or Lyft but at that time I didn't need them. Now they'd be handy.....anyone recall where they've seen the best bonuses/sign ups?

A travel card would work. earn u 3x, sometimes 5x with the freedom card. The Amex Plat also gives u $15 a month. You can also add your visa cards and earn some bonus uber $ by visiting their partners.

Most store cards are usually backed by a credit card company. for example, Sears cards are back by Citi. a quick google shows Gymboree Visa is backed by US Bank.
Its most likely US bank will convert them to a US bank generic card... but ive seen sometimes, the banks just close them out. Its up to US Bank now.

The card issuer will sometimes product change it into one of their own cards. Can check out what Toys R Us did recently, Synchrony converted the cards to a 2% cashback card I think (something like that). Sometimes it just closes but I'd think the card issuer is more inclined to keep existing customers and would want to offer you something to stay.
You must have hit submit right before I did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest