I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH and I made it to Orlando for our kid free trip with only a few small "I'm not sure I can leave the kids" freak outs. I'm a big planner but DH insisted we go with no plans and just enjoy being away for a few days. If your in the World this weekend and see us say hi. We will be the silly adults in matching shirts. 😂 We always match with the kids when we come and I was told it would be a terrible breaking of tradition if we didn't still wear them when it's just the two of us.

Just got my Citi / Costco Visa rewards card. The balance on my October Disney trip is due soon. If I use my Citi / Costco card to pay the balance will it qualify for the 3% rewards?

DH and I made it to Orlando for our kid free trip with only a few small "I'm not sure I can leave the kids" freak outs. I'm a big planner but DH insisted we go with no plans and just enjoy being away for a few days. If your in the World this weekend and see us say hi. We will be the silly adults in matching shirts. 😂 We always match with the kids when we come and I was told it would be a terrible breaking of tradition if we didn't still wear them when it's just the two of us.

We’re 6 adults going in September and we have three different sets of matching shirts :rotfl2: Hilariously, the first words out of my MIL’s mouth when we told them we were taking them to WDW was “can we get matching shirts?!”

You aren’t the only ones, DH and I wear matching shirts too even with out our kids but usually only once or twice per trip. 😎

We’re 6 adults going in September and we have three different sets of matching shirts :rotfl2: Hilariously, the first words out of my MIL’s mouth when we told them we were taking them to WDW was “can we get matching shirts?!”
It’s all part of the fun! I love it and I also wear ears every day, I have a bunch of them to go with different outfits. 😂

We’ll be at Epcot on Saturday!

I was making some changes to SW flights and now can't login to accounts:
We are currently unable to complete your request. Please try again later.

Probably some late night maintenance - anybody else around tonight that can see if you are seeing the same error if you try to login?
I got 2 separate emails last night of changes in my November flights. The first was a time and flt # change. The 2nd came after 11 PM and was just a flight number change but at the top it said St Louis to Phl instead of Pit to Mco (?!) However the info in the body of the message was OK. So they are definitely doing something with the schedules.

I am hopelessly behind and not even going to attempt to catch up. We will be there this weekend too. I will be wearing mouse ears and we will likely be in matching or coordinating shirts.

Even with all of the issues, I'm completely enjoying my Hawaii trip. Thank you all for the tips and help to get me here and make this successful.

- Lost CIP 2 which I still haven't made him call about nor have I requested an employee card
- Sick ODS
- General moodiness that vacation seems to bring out in my crew
- Big lack of sleep for me, and I don't sleep much anyway. I broke my migraine cycle in San Francisco, but my head is flirting with it again
- Technical issues with Southwest tonight (I wanted to double check my check in time. I can't access my acct, but my littles can, not sure about the other three)

I'm not letting any of this ruin my trip though lol

Here's my funny, you can laugh at me:
I have wanted to visit Hawaii since I was probably a young teen. This is definitely a bucket list trip for me. I love, love the tropical feel, the flowers, the music, everything. That's why I love, and own, Poly. I feel so at peace walking around there, I love strolling around Poly at night. So, this week I walked the fam to Starbucks super early to grab coffee before our tour, I left them and went back to find ODS. As I'm walking along, in the dark, I smile and think to myself "they did a great job with the theming at this resort. It feels a lot like Poly, very much what I imagine Hawaii would be like. <Pause> Wait. I'm in Hawaii. This IS Hawaii. Wow."

Not the cheapest place to stay, but Hilton Hawaiian Village has been great. We're parking at the garage across the street and ODS gets the ticket validated for military rate so that's saving a bit. Plenty of food choices within walking distance. I'm not sure if we'll make a sunrise or not. We've got only 2 mornings left to fit it in.

Here are three of my treasures at the end of the rainbow this morning
QafsZKa.jpg
Just an awesome picture! Love it! Enjoy your last bit of vacation.

This made me laugh

https://mashable.com/article/apple-...xSwnhf-Q9bA_MzyGU6eYrSIjSO8D8biqgJKZrUlBcT0JQ
"Place your card in a slot in your wallet or billfold without touching another credit card," reads the card-owning guide. "If two credit cards are placed in the same slot your card could become scratched."

"You can "moisten a soft, microfiber cloth with isopropyl alcohol and gently wipe the card," instructs Apple."
Only Apple would release a credit card that needs a protective case.

Just got my Citi / Costco Visa rewards card. The balance on my October Disney trip is due soon. If I use my Citi / Costco card to pay the balance will it qualify for the 3% rewards?

If you are paying Disney directly and not going through a travel agent or Costco Travel, it will only count for the 1%

eligible travel purchases worldwide, including airfare, hotels, car rentals, travel agencies, cruise lines and Costco Travel.

I got 2 separate emails last night of changes in my November flights. The first was a time and flt # change. The 2nd came after 11 PM and was just a flight number change but at the top it said St Louis to Phl instead of Pit to Mco (?!) However the info in the body of the message was OK. So they are definitely doing something with the schedules.
Yeah - that’s actually the reason I was trying to make all the changes lol. They are adjusting the schedule in Nov for removal of Max which created all kinds of opportunities for me to save some points and move things around. Perhaps my dozens of changes shutdown the website 🤣 (I kid).

Last edited:
If you are paying Disney directly and not going through a travel agent or Costco Travel, it will only count for the 1%
I don't have the Costco card, but I was under the impression that if the charge categorized as travel it would get the 3%... and I thought both a room and package from Disney would categorize as travel? I thought only tickets/some prepaid dining options did not come through as travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter