I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This made me laugh

https://mashable.com/article/apple-...xSwnhf-Q9bA_MzyGU6eYrSIjSO8D8biqgJKZrUlBcT0JQ
"Place your card in a slot in your wallet or billfold without touching another credit card," reads the card-owning guide. "If two credit cards are placed in the same slot your card could become scratched."

"You can "moisten a soft, microfiber cloth with isopropyl alcohol and gently wipe the card," instructs Apple."

This made me laugh

https://mashable.com/article/apple-...xSwnhf-Q9bA_MzyGU6eYrSIjSO8D8biqgJKZrUlBcT0JQ
"Place your card in a slot in your wallet or billfold without touching another credit card," reads the card-owning guide. "If two credit cards are placed in the same slot your card could become scratched."

"You can "moisten a soft, microfiber cloth with isopropyl alcohol and gently wipe the card," instructs Apple."
..... I don't even have words..... CLEAN my credit card????? Wow....

That is a big scooter. Mine is a 250cc
I had no intention of getting a scooter of any sort, but my husband thought it best if I learned to ride on it and then transitioned to a motorcycle later (which is what I am working on now). It keeps up with the Goldwings and my husband's Vision, which are the people I ride with, so it has come in very handy!

My BIL has a Honda Metropolitan that is the cutest thing I've ever seen but I am afraid he is a traffic hazard. I am not even sure he can go the speed limit around here (45MPH).

I posted yesterday about using some of my Chase UR’s for Universal for one night/one or two days in December. I decided and booked Hard Rock. This morning in middle of doing 10 different things at work I got on and cancelled the reservation. I missed seeing my UR balance!

Basically I decided that Universal can wait and mostly I just want to go do Disney. I would rather cash out the UR’s and use it on a room for Disney for the night then deal with Universal again. When we went three years ago it was fine; but when I finally made it to MK the early morning hours on the third day of vacation I was glad it was so early and it was still dark...I saw the castle and started literally bawling. Tears streaming down my face. I am so not like that usually...somehow Disney just brings it out.

I texted DH and told him the UR’s for Universal Plan was off the table and we would just do Disney. I expected a typical “what plan?” Or even the simple “ok” or “copy that.” Instead he texted back “#Disneyforlife.”

UR’s from cancelling the hotel this morning are already back in account. So one less thing. I will deal with the new Star Wars ride being opened and it being Pop Warner week. We will at least be back in the World. So at least there is that. :)

I posted yesterday about using some of my Chase UR’s for Universal for one night/one or two days in December. I decided and booked Hard Rock. This morning in middle of doing 10 different things at work I got on and cancelled the reservation. I missed seeing my UR balance!

Basically I decided that Universal can wait and mostly I just want to go do Disney. I would rather cash out the UR’s and use it on a room for Disney for the night then deal with Universal again. When we went three years ago it was fine; but when I finally made it to MK the early morning hours on the third day of vacation I was glad it was so early and it was still dark...I saw the castle and started literally bawling. Tears streaming down my face. I am so not like that usually...somehow Disney just brings it out.

I texted DH and told him the UR’s for Universal Plan was off the table and we would just do Disney. I expected a typical “what plan?” Or even the simple “ok” or “copy that.” Instead he texted back “#Disneyforlife.”

UR’s from cancelling the hotel this morning are already back in account. So one less thing. I will deal with the new Star Wars ride being opened and it being Pop Warner week. We will at least be back in the World. So at least there is that. :)
Love DH's response! ::yes::

I am hopeful the availability changes and you will find something that fits even better! There is still some time.

I was making some changes to SW flights and now can't login to accounts:
We are currently unable to complete your request. Please try again later.

Probably some late night maintenance - anybody else around tonight that can see if you are seeing the same error if you try to login?

Probably some late night maintenance - anybody else around tonight that can see if you are seeing the same error if you try to login?
Same error

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 1.45.39 AM.png

ETA it still logged me in 😂 Maybe try again? :confused3

doesnt work for me either... saw my flights to Reno is cheaper now... :(

I was trying to check on some flights too and couldn't log in. Glad it wasn't just me!

This made me laugh

..... I don't even have words..... CLEAN my credit card????? Wow....
Ha, ha...NBC early morning news just reported on “Cardgate.” Not a data breach but your card could be scratched gate :)

Even with all of the issues, I'm completely enjoying my Hawaii trip. Thank you all for the tips and help to get me here and make this successful.

- Lost CIP 2 which I still haven't made him call about nor have I requested an employee card
- Sick ODS
- General moodiness that vacation seems to bring out in my crew
- Big lack of sleep for me, and I don't sleep much anyway. I broke my migraine cycle in San Francisco, but my head is flirting with it again
- Technical issues with Southwest tonight (I wanted to double check my check in time. I can't access my acct, but my littles can, not sure about the other three)

I'm not letting any of this ruin my trip though lol

Here's my funny, you can laugh at me:
I have wanted to visit Hawaii since I was probably a young teen. This is definitely a bucket list trip for me. I love, love the tropical feel, the flowers, the music, everything. That's why I love, and own, Poly. I feel so at peace walking around there, I love strolling around Poly at night. So, this week I walked the fam to Starbucks super early to grab coffee before our tour, I left them and went back to find ODS. As I'm walking along, in the dark, I smile and think to myself "they did a great job with the theming at this resort. It feels a lot like Poly, very much what I imagine Hawaii would be like. <Pause> Wait. I'm in Hawaii. This IS Hawaii. Wow."

Not the cheapest place to stay, but Hilton Hawaiian Village has been great. We're parking at the garage across the street and ODS gets the ticket validated for military rate so that's saving a bit. Plenty of food choices within walking distance. I'm not sure if we'll make a sunrise or not. We've got only 2 mornings left to fit it in.

Here are three of my treasures at the end of the rainbow this morning
QafsZKa.jpg

Same. Glad I'm not trying to check in right now. I checked their Twitter and they are aware and are working on it.

Same error, I was just looking at flights to California and was wondering what was going on.

So I'm (re)reading stuff on the r/churning over on the scary site and I see that there is one thing I did right, all by myself, before I ever found this group. It recommended the Capital One Quicksilver as the best no annual fee, no foreign transaction fee card, and that's what I got last fall before we went to Japan!

The rest of it... well, I just have to shake my head now! (It really wasn't that bad in the grand scheme of things, but I had twice gotten the Disney Visa with the $200 statement credit, and otherwise I've been using the Chase Freedom "cash back" option exclusively up until about 3 months ago.) Ah well, live and learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter