I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Andysol - Hyatt Ziva Cancun question. It will cost an extra 30K URs total for 4 nights in a swim up king vs oceanfront. It’s a couple trip - 3 couples total I think they got regular oceanfront rooms. Worth it for the swim up room?
I’ve never done swim up. I personally wouldn’t but dont let that dissuade you.

I’m the type that goes to Hawaii and won’t pay $10 more for an ocean view because I’ll see the ocean the whole time I’m there. So I’m by far the wrong person to ask. :)

Do I have to do something to use my FFD with Plastiq? I have just been having the hardest time using this year for some reason. I thought last time when I had them they just automatically adjusted the fee for the next payment. I have $3000 FFD still in there and I am trying to make a $800 payment and the fee is showing. Afraid to hit submit.

ETA - Nevermind it is now showing apply FFD. Had to get out and re-input everything.

Last edited:
I had another wonderful Barclay AAbiz experience today. As you know I got a whopping 1k limit on this card. Up until this morning, I had put roughly 700 dollars on the card....300 more to go. I made a payment of 600.00 dollars 6 days ago. My balance was 200.00 I went to the store to get a 300 Visa debit card to use at Costco. Declined!!! Of course, I had forgotten my phone. I had to drive home and call them. It turns out they put a 7-day hold on my payment. Who puts 7 day holds on payments? Apparently, Barclay's does. After holding for a supervisor they lifted the hold. I was told it would take about 2 hours. I went back to Walgreens and got a 150.00 Visa.

I checked my account this afternoon and the credit limit is now 1600 dollars and I have a 600 dollars available credit. How is that possible when the balance is around 350.00? Is this some new kind of common core math? I just bought a 150.00 Disney gift card from Target. I'm done with this card forever.

I figure it will take a week for my transactions to post. Then I'll pay off the card and that should take another week to post. I'll be shocked if my SUB actually shows up.

Last edited:
SO has the offer to upgrade his Biz Gold to a Biz Plat. He currently holds a Biz Plat. I would definitely take the offer if the airline credit worked for GCs and I could sell them but now idk.

I just booked 6 nights at the Coronado Springs tower in February. I thought it was a pretty good rate 239.00 a night. Maybe Disney will offer discounts and I can upgrade from a standard room. This is when having a Disney visa comes in handy. You can put deposits down on vacation packages and cruises that you're on the fence about and get 0% interest. WDW packages it's not a big deal, deposits are small, but for cruises with large deposits it's a big plus. You have 6 months to pay up or cancel. It's like putting a 6-month hold on a vacation without having to really pay anything, but a minimum payment.

Getting excited for my trip next week. Attending an industry conference and tacking on a few days of fun. Should be pretty inexpensive week for me.
Itinerary
Flight paid by work and I'll get some SW RR points for the flight
Denver for 3 nights at Hyatt Regency by the Conference Center paid by work and I'll get stay points
Breckenridge for 3 nights at Marriott Residence Inn using URs for Wed and Thu and free night cert for Fri (most expensive night)
Rental car for 3 nights - 19K UR points
Work will pay for first 3 nights food and I'll have to pick up the remainder.
Planning on hikes, gondola, shopping in Breckenridge, Day trip through Independence Pass to Glenwood Springs and soak in the hot springs. Possible trips to Dillion Reservoir, Frisco and Georgetown. Part of this trip was to just sit back and relax. Now I have things planned everyday. I have to learn how to relax!

Planning on hikes, gondola, shopping in Breckenridge, Day trip through Independence Pass to Glenwood Springs and soak in the hot springs. Possible trips to Dillion Reservoir, Frisco and Georgetown. Part of this trip was to just sit back and relax. Now I have things planned everyday. I have to learn how to relax!

Have fun! We were in Breckenridge last month. We only spent a day there before moving on to Snowmass (we were in Breckenridge for a week last year) but while in town we went to see the Troll by the ice rink and shopped. Google Breckenridge troll and you'll see what I mean, fun to see and you probably won't see anything like it anywhere else. Breckenridge has a town trolley that will make stops at most of the places in town that you'll want to go to. Most of the hotels have shuttles as well and you can call them to come get you. I would recommend at some point to get a drink, coffee or adult, and sit by the stream that runs through downtown at sunset. So relaxing and beautiful!

We did the drive through Independence Pass on the way to Snowmass. Let me say as the passenger the drive is awesome!! My Dh as the driver has other words to describe the drive by. Beautiful but be prepared for parts of the road to be 1 1/2 lanes meaning your squeezing through some places. You be able to see places where avalanches came right across the road and the town of Twin Lakes is beautiful. We only briefly stopped at the Continental divide as it was sleeting and hailing up there :scared1: I wanted to get out so we didn't have to file a claim on hail damage on the rental car.

Amazing!

How are the ballpoint pens? The Strings by Intercontinental in Tokyo have these nice, heavy metal casing pens that have a good weight and writes really smooth. They're my favorite souvenir to have DW bring home. The Intercontinental LA has similar looking pens, but their casing is made of plastic and feels cheap.
Cheap, plastic pen 🖊😂😂😂😂 I still took it,though.

without much research, go for it. tickets are already 1/4 off since u have a free ticket with miles and ur dates arent flexible so theres that. id probably use $725 though, i always believe u can get at least $.02 per point with URs unless u believe in the free is free idea...
I know one way to check your pricing now is to go onto Hopper and see if they tell u to wait or book now. Hope that helps.
@Albort , I just bought the remaining three tickets today using cash, well, my CSR. Used the hopper app to discover that the price went down (google flights still showed the higher fares), so after using a Chase offer for $31 off an Alaska booking, I ended up paying $605 for the 3 non stop tickets instead of $725. So glad I waited :flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1:.
I was also able to pick seats for DH and my two kiddos right next to me which is perfect.

Didn’t want to wait too much longer since i needed a flight right before the 4th of July holiday weekend and my dates are not flexible.

We are excited to try Alaska for the first time!

Last edited:
Asking again, in case someone knows...

Do UR > Flying Blue transfer instantly? Or is there a wait?

We've done Park n Cruise twice before and loved them! For the longer cruises it saves quite a bit of money.

Can you get trip insurance after full payment has been made? *IF* there is a hurricane that late, Disney will do whatever they can to make the cruise happen, but they can change the ports (this happened to us, although it was a while after the hurricane and it was switched because the Eastern Caribbean islands weren't ready for ships).

We've done Stay,Park,Cruise outta Ft Lauderdale before, but now you all have me thinking an elevated parking garage might be better if a hurricane hit while we were gone.

Plus once, we got up in the morning and a rental parked behind the hotel with us was up on blocks with the tires stolen. Moved car toward front door before cruising. When we returned van driver said they shuttled the lady around to her business appointments while her car got fixed.

I was all excited because I have a scooter in addition to the motorcycle. It's a bigger scooter (650cc) but it's the closest thing I've got to a moped!

That is a big scooter. Mine is a 250cc

Thanks so much. I really appreciate your response. After looking online (much less successfully than your look so thank you for sharing those links) DH tried to send over 1K as a test and it did seem to transfer right away. Of course, when we really need it (tomorrow I think) and we move over 100K I can see it not working... :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter