I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We flew into Vegas and did the opposite loop. I don’t think it matters which way you go, it just worked out which way we could get campsites. We did 2 nights Grand Canyon, 2 nights arches/Moab , 3 nights Bryce (one of those nights was a hotel, cleanup, pool time for kids) and 1 night Zion, 1 night Vegas. Our kids are young so depending on your travel group may change opinions.
Our favorites were 1.Zion 2.Arches 3.Bryce 4. Grand Canyon. We LOVED Zion but it was extremely crowded and some of the best hikes the kids needed to be a bit bigger for. Arches was beautiful and had great hikes for the kids. I agree with another poster that in March your weather will probably be the best at Zion and Arches as it will be a bit warmer. Bryce was lovely and the queens Garden to Navajo Loop into the Canyon was really neat but i could see where it would be chilly in March. It got down into the 40s at night last week. Obviously was warmer during the day.

I would say we were least impressed with the Grand Canyon. It was neat don’t get me wrong, but there weren’t any hikes the kids could do so short of looking at it, and touring the visitor center, it could be done in a couple hours. I don’t know if it’s worth the nearly 4 hour drive. I’m glad I saw it but I wouldn’t have to go back anytime soon. We did the south rim. I’m happy to answer any other questions!
Thank you!! Honestly Grand Canyon is the one I am least excited about as well. I wasn’t considering Arches, (was thinking it was too far), but may have to research a bit more. My kids will be 10, 12, and 14, so theoretically should be able to do some longer hikes, but I feel like they were better hikers when they were 6-8!

Been on the citi app for 16 mins waiting for a rep. Maybe the wait is really long cause the desktop chat isn't working...? Not sure whether to keep hanging in there or give up. I do not want to call!!!!!

ETA: gave up after 25 mins :(

Last edited:
Not that anyone asked me anyway, but I let my Prime subscription lapse last year and haven't felt the slightest bit tempted to sign up again. I feel for those people. I could only take so many articles about the deplorable working conditions at Amazon. Plus, Prime Day in the past has mostly been junk - don't know if it's any different this year. One of my friends spent a few thousand dollars on worthless crap on Prime Day last year and I relentlessly make fun of him every time I see him.

Actually I should ask what he's done so far today.

Thanks for the input!! I know, I’m a bit nervous about the weather, but I think we have decided that we’d rather take a chance than deal with 100 degrees in the summer. My problem with this trip is I am the only one in my family who is really excited to go. All I hear from DD13 is “is all we are going to do is hike?!” So while I’d say we are a hiking family they may not all agree! This will be our first time to Utah. I usually like to mix in something different with our National Parks trips, like rafting, horseback riding, zip lining, stand up paddle boarding, etc.Just so it’s not all hiking.

I could have written this post! We are considering doing the southern UT parks next spring break for the same reason. We were in northern AZ last June and it was hot. Very little humidity but hot enough that I don't think the NP's would be fun. My DH and I are excited about this trip but I get the same reaction from my kids "all we're going to do it hike and look at nature?" Umm, yeah but you do always get to go rafting, horseback riding or jeep tour in addition. I try to take their wishes into consideration but sometimes I want to pull the "if I'm paying your doing what I want to do" card. If it was easier to get someone to stay with them, I'd leave them at home, I'd love a trip with just DH and me.

The best “deals” I am seeing are all on Amazon branded merchandise like Kindles, Echos, etc. I will probably buy a wireless charger because I have the Amex offer, but there really isn’t anything else that I need.
Yeah, lots of kindles, echos, dots, fire sticks, etc. I just don't need any of that. The few snack food items I tried to get sold out immediately after hitting SD's so I missed those.

I haven't bought anything today. But I saw a Facebook post that this amazing cookie company in Minneapolis, is now selling there. I am in HUGE trouble. I don't live close enough to buy them in person, so to have them with free shipping?? Oh dear!!

And on a totally unrelated to anything note, my dd work at the Target liquor store and some kid just came in to buy booze, who was born in 2002!! Had no issue handing his ID over to her to scan. Wow, just wow.

Not that anyone asked me anyway, but I let my Prime subscription lapse last year and haven't felt the slightest bit tempted to sign up again. I feel for those people. I could only take so many articles about the deplorable working conditions at Amazon. Plus, Prime Day in the past has mostly been junk - don't know if it's any different this year. One of my friends spent a few thousand dollars on worthless crap on Prime Day last year and I relentlessly make fun of him every time I see him.

Your friend is insane.lol I really do hate Amazon. I’m trying to cut them off but it’s hard. They really are an awful company. They used to at least have good customer service and even that stinks now.

I read the book years ago, and have the audiobook on my phone but I haven't made it through all those hours of reading yet.

I had a ten hour round trip drive to a horse show while I was listening to it so I knocked out a lot then. I also listen to my books on 1.5x speed so that knocked a little bit off of it. I think it's the longest I've done on audio though. Gone with the Wind is right around 50 hours and I did that recently, and the Game of Thrones books are all around 40.

Your friend is insane.lol I really do hate Amazon. I’m trying to cut them off but it’s hard. They really are an awful company. They used to at least have good customer service and even that stinks now.

It was shockingly easy to cut them off - local bookstores are far better than Amazon could ever be, for example. Always thought their clothing was crap and never got that stuff anyway. Lots of other options for electronics as well. And local grocery stores and farmer's markets for far higher quality produce and goods than they could ever have.

I would say we were least impressed with the Grand Canyon. It was neat don’t get me wrong, but there weren’t any hikes the kids could do so short of looking at it, and touring the visitor center, it could be done in a couple hours. I don’t know if it’s worth the nearly 4 hour drive. I’m glad I saw it but I wouldn’t have to go back anytime soon. We did the south rim. I’m happy to answer any other questions!

Is it bad that I feel the same way? We were there last June and I planned 2 days at the south rim. We stayed at Bright Angel and did get to eat dinner at El Tovar. Without taking a strenuous hike in probable high temps, we could have gotten away with one day and not stayed there. I will say the showers in the hall was better than I was expecting, clean and kinda like summer camp. It was interesting and I'd love to hike Bright Angel someday with DH but with the DD's it would have been a miserable hike and we were not all old enough to do the mule ride to the bottom. I love our NP's and I still feel like I should have been more impressed by the Grand Canyon but I was kinda like "yep, there it is. Pretty but..."

I won't/can't until grand tour isn't on. I won't give it up. And they have the new tim gunn heidi klum show too.

I do order stuff but it's stuf that's cheaper like dog food or I can't get in store near me.

Also, I believe there's a special place for people who shop at those physical Amazon Books stores. I couldn't believe what I was seeing the first time I walked past one of those.

I have a couple friends who have given it up, but DH and I use it a lot and I also like a lot of their original tv shows. I went and did a tour of one of their warehouses last year. It was really interesting. John Oliver did a Last Week Tonight on warehouse workers recently that was really interesting. Several workers commented on how exhausted they were at the end of the day from walking back and forth through the warehouse multiple times a day to retrieve items. This probably wasn't the takeaway I was supposed to get from it, but I'm surprised Amazon hasn't figured out an algorithm to have their "pickers" moving through the warehouse in the most efficient pattern possible rather than sending them all over kingdom come to retrieve different items for the same order.

Anyways, when I went two years ago it was right before Prime Day and it's INSANE how much extra stuff they have stored up in those warehouses getting ready for prime day. And seemingly no rhyme or reason to the placement to the untrained eye. Cheeseballs right next to the razors right next to a PS4 game right next to the dog treats. Bizarre.

Yeah, lots of kindles, echos, dots, fire sticks, etc. I just don't need any of that. The few snack food items I tried to get sold out immediately after hitting SD's so I missed those.
I did the gift card deal, buy $25 amazon get $5 credit. I'll probably use the book coupon, too. Although I haven't seen any great merchandise at Amazon, I do like the hype that this day creates because other stores and shopping portals have some good offers.

It was shockingly easy to cut them off - local bookstores are far better than Amazon could ever be, for example. Always thought their clothing was crap and never got that stuff anyway. Lots of other options for electronics as well. And local grocery stores and farmer's markets for far higher quality produce and goods than they could ever have.

I don’t even know what I buy from them. lol
I don’t buy any clothes. Don’t use the grocery service either (I think I did once or twice with a promo code but there are better options here) I used to have kindle unlimited but I find the quality of the books available isn’t that great. My last few orders have been video games and household items (kitchen stuff, bed bath and beyond doesn’t always have what I need) I ordered a video game from them because I had a giftcard balance. SOs job gave him a gift card as a bonus (I hate that just give him cash lol my giftcard balance on Amazon is still over $250. I should just order grocery store giftcard and cut them off.

I'd love to hear more about Utah. I have it planned for next March, fly into Vegas, two nights at Zion, two at Bryce, and two at the Grand Canyon,then back to Vegas. Or it seems I'm reading that people wish they had planned more time for Bryce, so I'm considering one more night at Bryce and leave off Grand Canyon and just stay in Vegas for a few nights to see a few sights and some pool time.

I'd second what others have said about going with CSP for you to get the referral and then PC DH CSP to the CSR. Or are you into business cards? Anything that could qualify? It doesn't get much better than 80,000 for the CIP right now. I know my plan was to have DH get a CSP with a referral from me, but I'm better off just continuing to get multiple CIPs.
THis is similiar to what we did- but we did one night at Bryce. Even tho it's incredibly cool,I felt like one night was ok there b/c it's pretty small. We did 3 nights on North Rim of GC

I did the gift card deal, buy $25 amazon get $5 credit. I'll probably use the book coupon, too. Although I haven't seen any great merchandise at Amazon, I do like the hype that this day creates because other stores and shopping portals have some good offers.
What’s the book coupon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter