I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I’m thinking about biting the bullet and getting a disney visa as we have a wedding coming up and I can get referrals. What’s the best offer out there right now? Need to do it soon. My 5/24 is 2 days fresh and burning a hole in my wallet lol.

Ok so I’m thinking about biting the bullet and getting a disney visa as we have a wedding coming up and I can get referrals. What’s the best offer out there right now? Need to do it soon. My 5/24 is 2 days fresh and burning a hole in my wallet lol.
The best offer I know of right now is using a referral link to get a $200 statement credit after spending $500 in the first 3 months of the no annual fee card ...then when others use your referral you get $100
Are you sure you want to use a 5/24 slot on it there are a lot of other Chase cards with better sign up bonuses

Last edited:
Asking because you know about Japan... Any idea about Australia/NZ? Everything I have read makes it sound nearly impossible. Debating where the next big trip will be (and how to save/earn points for it)... Europe, Japan, or Aus/NZ. I'm not worried about the first two, but the last one makes me wonder if it's even possible to get there in J or first and which points to stockpile. If you have any ideas I'd appreciate the info. This flight think might make it easier to eliminate one of the options.

i dont know how much time you have but this could be an interesting trip if u do ANA Around the World Ticket...

I was going to recommend this exact thing. You can get plenty of availability when you are flying in from the west. Maybe start in Portugal, spend a couple nights in Italy, see Singapore a few days then head down. Or you could make it an epic trip where you see cape town or something you may not normally see.

Just a thought. Otherwise, you can find some fare mistakes maybe once a year. But that’s wishing on a Star.

Also keep in mind you're limited to $500 in referrals per calendar year, so compare that with other sign up bonuses you be missing out on.

And be sure to sign up for the no AF version if you go this route as the Premier doesn't have referrals.

AF posted on my Marriott Biz this morning. Chase is handing out the $90 statement credits for the $99 AF like candy, so definitely call if your AF is hitting soon. I was on the phone less than 2 minutes and just said I wasn’t sure if I wanted to pay that AF or switch to an Amex card. She immediately said she could give me a $90 statement credit and it would appear in 1-2 billing cycles.

Another DP here for the in flight 50k SW link posted here. They are showing on my Chase statement that closed this morning!! My 60k from my biz is not showing on my statement that closed though.

ETA Ugh, just realized I didn't account for the annual fee in the BIZ, so I need to get another $60 on there ASAP. That was stupid now I have to wait another month for my bonus points and CP.

AF posted on my Marriott Biz this morning. Chase is handing out the $90 statement credits for the $99 AF like candy, so definitely call if your AF is hitting soon. I was on the phone less than 2 minutes and just said I wasn’t sure if I wanted to pay that AF or switch to an Amex card. She immediately said she could give me a $90 statement credit and it would appear in 1-2 billing cycles.

Mine is coming up soon.. at this time I have a CIC which I had PC’d from CIP and a Marriott Business. I’m going to want the SW business later this year for CP which is the most valuable travel tool for me. My CIP bonus would have posted >24 months This summer. Is the CIP churnable?? I get good use from my CIC so that is more valuable to me than one free Marriott night. My thought was to cancel the Marriott business card, reapply for CIP this summer and then SW business in the fall. Any thoughts? I just went below 5/24 and got the Barclay Arrival. I’ll be under 5/24 again in a couple months.

Last edited:
Great news for you!
So hoping this sticks around until June/July when ours comes up. I am hopeful that since it's being discontinued they are trying to keep as many existing customers as they can this year and they'll keep this up for a while. Also hope it's like the SW card where limited spend helps us :laughing: I'm pretty sure it's been used 3 times since we got it - single charge MSR, a Gatorade at a Marriott, and at the Marriott MORE portal before it was discontinued. Fingers crossed :)

Mine is coming up soon.. at this time I have a CIC which I had PC’d from CIP and a Marriott Business. I’m going to want the SW business later this year for CP which is the most valuable travel tool for me. My CIP bonus would have posted >24 months This summer. Is the CIP churnable?? I get good use from my CIC so that is more valuable to me than one free Marriott night. My thought was to cancel the Marriott business card, reapply for CIP this summer and then SW business in the fall. Any thoughts? I just went below 5/24 and got the Barclay Arrival. I’ll be under 5/24 again in a couple months.

Yes the CIP is churnable....so your fine with the CIP this summer...then SW business in the fall

Once my Chase Southwest card is closed, can my husband open one in his name and use my existing Rapid Rewards account or will he have to create a new one? I would love all the points to be in one pot. If it makes any difference, we happen to have the same first and last name.

AF also posted on my Biz, and on DW's Biz and Premier Plus. Called for mine and was also offered $90 on the spot! Can't get any easier.

I'll have to call for DW's cards later. Would be awkward to immediately call now and get the same rep.

We'll be staying at the Grand Wailea. As soon as we meet the spend on DH's Aspire we'll have enough Hilton points to book the 5 nights, plus I already have a reward night from my Aspire, so we'll do 6 nights in all. I'm so excited!!!
ohhhhh goals! the Grand Wailea is just....grand! I'm going to rethink my Hilton points usage for the next year or so...maybe a trip back to Maui isn't out of my grasp! I was wandering the grounds,just assuming there was no way I could ever pay oop for a place like this (full hugs to Wailea Beach resort,I still love you!)

Hi...I’m not familiar with Frontier or their CC...sorry..maybe someone else is.....
A lot of us here start with Chase since they have a 5/24 rule meaning they will only approve you for their cards if you have opened less than 5 personal than $800 a month on a card....are you using one for your insurance phone, cable, utility bills....the cards with the highest sign up bonuses require you to spend between a $3k and 5k on the card in the first 3 months...the CSP or CSR.....
Chase also has the Freedom or freedom unlimited which have a 10,000 UR bonuses after spending $500 in the first 3 months...
You could cash out the URs to help pay for flights if you wanted to
Our utilities charge to be paid with a credit card. Verizon I could put on a card but that’s only $50. No phone bills. I can check on insurance. Now I can do a one time spend of a high amount. We are finishing our basement and need stuff. We have been just doing it slowly. We are one income and live very frugally. Thank you for the information

Once my Chase Southwest card is closed, can my husband open one in his name and use my existing Rapid Rewards account or will he have to create a new one? I would love all the points to be in one pot. If it makes any difference, we happen to have the same first and last name.

Your husband can open his own SW card while you have one open....he will need his own RR account so you’ll have to open one for him

Last edited:
DH’s ability to get his own SW CCs is not dependent on your cards being open or closed even if he was an AU on your account. DH is supposed to have his own SW RR account. You can’t pool SW points but he can use them to book tickets for whoever. If he doesn’t have one when he applies, one will be created for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter