I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Log into your Amex account, at the top nav bar click Account Services > Order a Replacement Card for Damaged, Lost, or Stolen Cards > Damaged Card (Your damaged Card will be reissued with the same Card number and you can continue using your existing Card until the replacement arrives.) > Enter the 3-digit CSC > Answer your security question > Confirm Shipping.

ETA: Pretty sure Amex disables the old card shortly after you confirm receipt of the replacement card, so your plan may not work. If you add DH as an AU on the Ascend, it will show up as a new account on his credit report. One thing you could do is add your Ascend to DH's phone's mobile wallet (Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay) and he could use that where it's accepted, but mobile wallet adoption is still limited.

Thanks for reminding me! I needed to order a replacement for my SPG Lux before all our beautiful Starwood Purple cards get converted over to Barfworthy Bonvoy. I don't care if the Bonvoy Barfiful will be metal; it's UGLY.

The replacement BCE hubby ordered last year is still working for me. Not sure if they made any changes lately for new replacements, but I just used it earlier this week and he's been using the original routinely. I know they told me when I got my replacement employee card that the original would be deactivated, but unfortunately it's still lost in the house so I haven't been able to test that. (my house eats cards... and socks. i'm afraid if I make it too smart it'll just order new socks with the cards it steals.)

T
AF posted on my Marriott Biz this morning. Chase is handing out the $90 statement credits for the $99 AF like candy, so definitely call if your AF is hitting soon. I was on the phone less than 2 minutes and just said I wasn’t sure if I wanted to pay that AF or switch to an Amex card. She immediately said she could give me a $90 statement credit and it would appear in 1-2 billing cycles.
Thats good to know. I like the line you used! Hopefully they’ll still be handing out the candy in a few months when my AF hits!

I sailed on the Constitution on July 4, 1989. Of course at that time she didn't sail under her own power but was towed out into Boston Harbor, as she was for a number of years prior.

At that time, USS Constitution was under the control of the Navy Historical Center located at Washington Navy Yard, and each year servicemen and members of the society got a chance to get tickets for the special 'sailing/towing'. About 400? people were aboard if I remember correctly, politicians and dignitaries plus us families and service members. It has been one of the high lights of my life to be aboard such a historical icon. I have my paperwork from the day with the certificate stating my name and that I was a passenger that day.

Been up to my ears in family as they have returned from Colorado and there are numerous doctors appointments as well as caring for the family. I'm on my 'day off' 10am until bedtime, as someone else fills in. Trying to relax and skim the boards, but won't get caught up. And all are doing well and getting around via walkers and crutches.

Good to hear they got home ok!!

No Amex 1099’s yet either. Is it possible they are just sending them to those who had multiple referrals? I only had a couple. Maybe those with less than a certain amount aren’t getting them? Or are ours all slow and that is wishful thinking?

Last edited:
No Amex 1099’s yet either. Is it possible they are just sending them to those who had multiple referrals? I only had a couple. Maybe those with less than a certain amount aren’t getting them? Or are ours all all slow and that is wishful thinking?

ive seen some ppl with just $75 for 1 SPG referral... chances are they are coming in batches... would still wait out on filing your taxes...

edit: linkage - https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/amd5ce/discussion_thread_february_02_2019/eflqmyq/

Last edited:
No Amex 1099’s yet either. Is it possible they are just sending them to those who had multiple referrals? I only had a couple. Maybe those with less than a certain amount aren’t getting them? Or are ours all all slow and that is wishful thinking?
My mail just arrived and nothing here yet either...wondering if they just sent them out if your SS number had over $600 in referrals across all cards...DH had one for 20,000 points or $200...
Not filing our taxes yet anyway since we owe a few hundred

Last edited:
DH approved for the Amex No fee Hilton card offering 100,000 points after 1,000 spend. This will pay for the Hotel Coronado next summer. I was approved for the Barclays aviator business card, 50,000 AA miles after one purchase. Also picked up the Citi Business AA matched to 60,000 miles plus $250 statement credit after 2,000 spend.
We’ve met spend on all three cards. Waiting for points to post.

I sailed on the Constitution on July 4, 1989. Of course at that time she didn't sail under her own power but was towed out into Boston Harbor, as she was for a number of years prior.

At that time, USS Constitution was under the control of the Navy Historical Center located at Washington Navy Yard, and each year servicemen and members of the society got a chance to get tickets for the special 'sailing/towing'. About 400? people were aboard if I remember correctly, politicians and dignitaries plus us families and service members. It has been one of the high lights of my life to be aboard such a historical icon. I have my paperwork from the day with the certificate stating my name and that I was a passenger that day.

Been up to my ears in family as they have returned from Colorado and there are numerous doctors appointments as well as caring for the family. I'm on my 'day off' 10am until bedtime, as someone else fills in. Trying to relax and skim the boards, but won't get caught up. And all are doing well and getting around via walkers and crutches.

I read that as 1889 and was so confused how you'd ridden it so long ago. Sleep deprived runner's brain

No Amex 1099’s yet either. Is it possible they are just sending them to those who had multiple referrals? I only had a couple. Maybe those with less than a certain amount aren’t getting them? Or are ours all slow and that is wishful thinking?

Nothing here yet either.

Not happy to hear about chase referals but I don't think I had any at least.

Suicide at MCO today. No time to get into all the details so google it but Apparently the airport is a mess and we are supposed to come home today :(

MHT-MCO flt 3886 at 3:05 I believe (landing 6:15) is the inbound plane we were supposed to use. (Then we It is cancelled...ours still shows on time though. I’m worried this won’t turn out good. With a wife with flight anxiety this is causing havoc to my last day at the parks. Not sure what to do - probably can’t call SW until our flight shows some status update.

Suicide at MCO today. No time to get into all the details so google it but Apparently the airport is a mess and we are supposed to come home today :(

MHT-MCO flt 3886 at 3:05 I believe (landing 6:15) is the inbound plane we were supposed to use. (Then we It is cancelled...ours still shows on time though. I’m worried this won’t turn out good. With a wife with flight anxiety this is causing havoc to my last day at the parks. Not sure what to do - probably can’t call SW until our flight shows some status update.
How sad:(

I hope you get everything figured out and your wife is okay.

My son who lives down there told me about it and I thought of you and your wife....ugh it’s the SW side of the airport too.
So sad..they are reporting it was a TSA agent..hopefully you get your flight all straightened out

yeah, i dont think u want to come back... it might be ur worst nightmare... :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter