I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at the link to it you posted and it’s gorgeous! We stayed at Sanibel twice in the past many years and would love to go back. I remember the shells on the beach were incredible and a great Italian restaurant that we ate at several times but can’t recall the name. Also a great ice cream shop called Pinochios.
It looks like a place we would like to visit now that we're living down here!

But he’s 10. He’s not happy with Happy Meals anymore

Do you have to have all the pieces? I remember trying to collect all the Minions. 🙄 We’re going to see TS4 tomorrow at 10 am and could have lunch at McD afterwards but I’m not planning on going back multiple times.
We're going to see the movie tomorrow at 11:30 am! I'm more excited than I thought I would be. I guess I'm at that perfect age where I grew up with Andy.

Can some explain to me like I’m 5 how to “save” my Uber credit from my shiny new plat?

I’ve literally never used Uber before, but we have a wdw trip in August and I think we might use it to get to rope drop nice an early a few times.

Yes - very glad. And tonight at dinner when I said to the family how she won’t be coming to Universal in November she said that’s not true. I might come now. It’s an irrational fear so once it’s over she’s back to normal :)
I worked all day so I’m just getting to read. Saw your post from last night about your wife not going so I had to skip to the end to find out if you all made it. I’m glad she did and that she can look at it in retrospect and realize it’s just her fear taking over at the time.
Maybe she can talk to her doctor before the next trip about a dose adjustment on anxiety meds or trying something different so she doesn’t have to suffer through this.
My DH doesn’t really understand phobias because he tries to talk me out of mine (it’s actually fairly mild). Spiders freak me out. Can’t watch on tv/movies and if in the house, I have to kill it or the thought of it lose in the house drives me crazy. But shortly after DH & I met, he made me hold a tarantula. I did it, heart pounding, adreline flowing. I put it back in its box, DH also had one in his hand. It jumped off his hand onto the floor between us. I screamed, jumped back about 2 feet, banged my head on the wall and watched him freak out because he thought he was going to have to call 911 when I was knocked unconscious. Served him right (I was fine). :P

FYI, for those who are also planning to take advantage of the Business Platinum upgrade offer. I upgraded my Biz Green earlier this week and was charged a pro-rated AF on the Biz Plat since my AF on the Green was not slated to be due for another two months or so. It came out to be ~$110, which is easily offset by the Jan-June Dell credit that I will be using before 6/30 (thus, able to triple dip, in theory, before I eventually cancel the card next year). I chose not to wait out the two months 1.) not knowing if the upgrade offer was going to poof during this span, and 2.) I have/had imminent bigger spends that actually accept Amex and benefit from the warranty coverage.

Hypothetically, you should be able to quadruple dip the Dell credit: (1) Before 6/30/19; (2) 7/1/19 through 12/31/19; (3) 1/1/20 through 6/30/20; and (4) before the second full AF posts after your late-July 2020 original anniversary date.

I think you and I got the Biz Plat and Biz Green within days of each other last year. My Biz Green turns 1 year on July 28 and I’ve been debating waiting until June 28 to accept the upgrade offer so I pay only one month of prorated AF (instead of two), and hoping that gives me enough time (2 days!) for the upgrade to reflect on my account to use the Dell credit before the end of the month. But I worry that I’m cutting it too close and my Dell purchase won’t post in time to be reimbursed by this half-year’s credit. So I might miss out on a $100 credit to save ~$50 in prorated AF. 🤔

I'm looking for some advice on Hilton points. We have been looking for a short getaway with the kids this fall and think we've settled on San Diego. I saw Homewood Suites is Hilton and also sleeps my family in one room. I'm guessing for most people this isn't a great use of Hilton points but works for us. It's showing 50,000/night and we are thinking 3-5 nights. I've gone over the cards available and can't tell which would be our best bet. Advice? Has anyone else used Hilton points for Homewood Suites?
Our family loves Homewood suites as well and we stay there alot. They aren't the best value on points anymore, since the devaluations, but none of the mid tier hotels are. They sleep our family in a room, so we do it because it works. I also like embassy suites...actually maybe prefer embassy, but you can't go wrong either way. I pick whichever is newer or more recently renovated usually.

I'm curious why you guys want these so badly

When you have kids you will understand, lol.

I could not care less. Kids seem to develop some weird obsession with collecting all of something. We’ve been through this a lot over the years. Paw patrol dogs, Pokémon cards, bey blades, my kid has some strong desires to complete a collection, and for some reason, you feel the need to cater to their ridiculous whims.

When you have kids you will understand, lol.

I could not care less. Kids seem to develop some weird obsession with collecting all of something. We’ve been through this a lot over the years. Paw patrol dogs, Pokémon cards, bey blades, my kid has some strong desires to complete a collection, and for some reason, you feel the need to cater to their ridiculous whims.
Oh I was the same way as a kid. For some reason I thought you guys were collecting these for yourselves lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter