I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she can talk to her doctor before the next trip about a dose adjustment on anxiety meds or trying something different so she doesn’t have to suffer through this.

I second this. Obviously don’t want to get into your wife’s medical and personal business, but perhaps she needs something different. I was prescribed Xanax for a brief period of time due to severe anxiety surrounding a job. Once I started taking it, I actually told DH that I finally felt like I could think rationally instead of just spiraling out of control. Obviously, general anxiety is different than an inherently irrational phobia, but perhaps there is a different medication out there for her to try so she can look forward to your November trip without the sense of impending doom! :)

Yes, want to go to the Canadian side.

Embassy Suites looks great and can't beat the free breakfast. Was considering one of the four hotels connected to the indoor waterpark. Sheraton, Crowne Plaza specifically. @Ngwira is this the Sheraton you stayed at? The water park and all the awesome food options (Hard Rock, Rainforest Cafe, Massimo's) are what's pulling me in that direction.
Yes we stayed at the Sheraton which is next to Crowne Plaza. It’s close to Rainforest, Hershey store etc. Steps away from Clifton Hill.
Honestly things are pretty close in Niagara so I wouldn’t let distance deter me from staying in much better accommodations. The Sheraton was fine but it’s pretty dated as are most hotels in that area. Embassy suites is the only one I hear consistently good things about. As your trio gets closer let me know if you need food recommendations etc. Will you be going to Toronto? You should... your girls would love Ripleys Aquarium, my girls had a blast.

This house (estate?) we’ve rented on Captiva is amazing! We have a guest house, a pool house, and the main house! Dock with a kayak, lots of fishing equipment!!
Don’t eat at Cantina Captiva! The group I was with wanted to eat there, and I think I got food poisoning from them. 🤢

Having trouble accessing UR’s through my CSR account. Was hoping to look up trip ideas tonight for next January! Anyone else having issues with UR?

Don’t eat at Cantina Captiva! The group I was with wanted to eat there, and I think I got food poisoning from them. 🤢
I can’t say that’s ever made our list of places to eat. I appreciate the tip though. This is our 7th straight year here but we only eat out once or twice a trip. We enjoy family style meals at the house most nights :D

Make sure you look at the fees. I think embassy suites might charge $80cad for parking.

There are about 3 indoor water parks- great wolf lodge which is by itself a little futher from the falls, but the wego bus does stop there.

Skyline hotel and water park. Have read this hotel is a little run down,

And fallsview water park- this is the one connected to the Sheraton on the falls and the crown plaza. This end is closer to the American falls, down by where the horn blower cruises board. It’s called Clifton hill and it’s where most the the stuff like indoor amusement parks etc are located,

The two Marriott, the embassy suites and the Hilton are located in the fallsview area. This is higher up the hill, closer to the Canadian falls. I think the hotel views are better up this way. It’s also right above journey beneath the falls and the 3D movie and you can take the furnicular up and down the hill.
Welp. I finally know who in the world looked at the price of parking in San Francisco and said “Hold my beer”

Last edited:

We're going to see the movie tomorrow at 11:30 am! I'm more excited than I thought I would be. I guess I'm at that perfect age where I grew up with Andy.
I am seeing it tomorrow at 1:30pm!! I agree, growing up with the franchise really makes me feel connected. Toy Story 3 was too accurate about growing up and going to college 😭

We saw Toy Story 4 today, and DW and I came out of it really hating Bonnie.
UGH I already disliked her from TS3.

Andy made the mistake of entrusting Woody to Bonnie!
It really bothers me when I see her name on Woody's foot instead of Andy with a backwards "N." I am scared to see what happens. 😒

If you couldn't apply for a Chase card, what would your next best CC SUB be that could be liquidated for cash. Preferably business not to add to 5/24?

My AA points posted so I was able to book the Swan for a few nights in August! But I can’t figure out how to add the reservation to MDE. Anyone know where I find the # or who I need to call? My 60 days for FP is on Monday!

ETA: I called the Swan directly and got the confirmation number but it’s not in the MDE system yet. Hopefully it will be working in time to make my FPs!
We will be there in Aug too!!! When are you there? I've still not called Swan to get the MDE number. What did you ask for from them? I need to add a kid to each room also and make sure our connecting request is in the system.

I had to get the MDE for our POR room booked through AA and that was like pulling teeth! Disney would not/could not give it to me even after being transferred all around. So, I called AA and they grilled me as to why I wanted such info :scared: Had to go through and explain what MDE is and why I needed this number and then I guess they decided I was legit. Then they had to call POR to get the number from them.

We saw Toy Story 4 today, and DW and I came out of it really hating Bonnie.

Between this and another diser whose movie opinion I trust I'm even more happy I put the dvd on hold at the library. I felt 3 tied it all up together and another wasn't needed. Didn't really care for bonnie and this new forky is awful. The trailer did nothing to make me want to see it in the theatre.

I know a few of us tried to get Barclays AA Biz to match the 75000 offer (with a purchase by an employee for part of those miles) to our original 60000 miles. Well I messaged, they said they would look into it. I added DH as an employee and had him make a purchase. No extra bonus at statement close yesterday. Not a huge deal, but just sharing a DP.
DH got his bonus but no 10k for the employee card. I applied under the employees card offer.

In a voucher? I’d take the money if it was cash and fly a few hours later lol
dang, I'd let them bump me for that!
So MIL said it was $1200 cash plus a voucher for the value of your flight because they were trying to get a crew somewhere. But the next flight wasnt until tomorrow night so that wouldnt have worked with our cruise.

Between this and another diser whose movie opinion I trust I'm even more happy I put the dvd on hold at the library. I felt 3 tied it all up together and another wasn't needed. Didn't really care for bonnie and this new forky is awful. The trailer did nothing to make me want to see it in the theatre.
Popping in very randomly but I know DH would have wanted to go so I am glad we can see it "free" on our cruise...

Most of the McDonald’s I’ve been to will let you trade your duplicates for their new ones. :confused3

I’m having flashbacks to the original toy story at McDonalds. They must have come in 2 sizes because my sister would go in asking for a little Buzz and a big Woody. She asked for it for real one time and it cracked her up so much after she realized how it sounded that she would ask every time she went in to get a reaction.

I worked all day so I’m just getting to read. Saw your post from last night about your wife not going so I had to skip to the end to find out if you all made it. I’m glad she did and that she can look at it in retrospect and realize it’s just her fear taking over at the time.
Maybe she can talk to her doctor before the next trip about a dose adjustment on anxiety meds or trying something different so she doesn’t have to suffer through this.
My DH doesn’t really understand phobias because he tries to talk me out of mine (it’s actually fairly mild). Spiders freak me out. Can’t watch on tv/movies and if in the house, I have to kill it or the thought of it lose in the house drives me crazy. But shortly after DH & I met, he made me hold a tarantula. I did it, heart pounding, adreline flowing. I put it back in its box, DH also had one in his hand. It jumped off his hand onto the floor between us. I screamed, jumped back about 2 feet, banged my head on the wall and watched him freak out because he thought he was going to have to call 911 when I was knocked unconscious. Served him right (I was fine). :P
My irrational fear is spiders too. I blame it all on that Arachnophobia movie that I watched when I was like 18yo. I've never been the same. I cannot look at spiders on tv, pics and if I see one in the house and it doesn't get killed, I cannot sleep at all. Once when we first moved into this house 6 years ago, I walked into our bedroom closet at about 1am. I closed the door and when I looked up, there was a spider on the wall. I froze and stood there for two hours. I couldn't do anything but just stare at this spider knowing in my head that this was silly to be acting this way but unable to do anything differently. Somehow after a two hour standoff, I was able to run out the door, grab some windex and windex it to death :scared1: If I see one in our basement, I will have nightmares that night. I'm bad. I know it's irrational...'spiders are out friends cause they eat the really harmful bugs' (whatever!) and 'the spiders are far more afraid of you than you are of them' (um, excuse me, have you been inside MY head and theirs!?!!?). None of that computes. I see a spider and I'm paralyzed in fear. Thankfully, my dh knows how spiders affect me and he tries to intercede wherever he can!

Hypothetically, you should be able to quadruple dip the Dell credit: (1) Before 6/30/19; (2) 7/1/19 through 12/31/19; (3) 1/1/20 through 6/30/20; and (4) before the second full AF posts after your late-July 2020 original anniversary date.

I think you and I got the Biz Plat and Biz Green within days of each other last year. My Biz Green turns 1 year on July 28 and I’ve been debating waiting until June 28 to accept the upgrade offer so I pay only one month of prorated AF (instead of two), and hoping that gives me enough time (2 days!) for the upgrade to reflect on my account to use the Dell credit before the end of the month. But I worry that I’m cutting it too close and my Dell purchase won’t post in time to be reimbursed by this half-year’s credit. So I might miss out on a $100 credit to save ~$50 in prorated AF. 🤔

You hashed all my other concerns essentially because timing is an issue for us. Dell typically ships within 1-2 days it seems, and with 6/29-6/30 being a weekend, it became a concern. As a DP, it took one full day (I clicked the button to upgrade on Tuesday morning) before the benefits page converted from the Green to Plat, in order for me to be able to even enroll in the Shop with Dell credits. What pushed me over the when ultimately was chunks of spend I knew I could put towards the 10k. In your case, is the Dell credit truly 1cpp or 0.5cpp, in which case I may opt to wait and forgo the 6/30 credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter