I Have Failed

GrandBob

Grand events should not go unnoticed
Forgive me, Mickey. I have failed to instill the appropriate Disneyholism into my 6 year old granddaughter :guilty:

We took her (and her parents) to WDW last year, where she loved interacting with the princesses, her princess meals at the castle (CRT) and with Cinderella and Prince Charming (1900 Park Fare). She LOVED Splash Mountain. We had been planning to take her to DLR this year to see where it all started.

So when DDIL called last week to say that she thought it would be fine to take DGD out of kindergarten for a week this month or next, I was ecstatic. Started checking for hotels right away. Only problem is, when I talked to DGD on the phone, she was excited just to come to our house and play in our yard.

So I asked DDIL to check with DGD about what she'd prefer: coming to our house, or we pick her up and go to DLR. She chose our house. Apparently she'd rather spend time with Grandma and Grandpa, where we give her our undivided love and attention, than go to Disneyland :love:

I'm thinking, there can't be anything wrong with that, right? :lovestruc

Sorry, Mickey.

-Bob, aka GrandBob

Well you have obviously done something very right and have spared her years of yearning for Mickey! :rotfl:

Awwwww! That is so sweet! I know it would be fab to have her love DL as much as she loves you, but you're blessed to have her love you so much. :)

Does she have an extensive Disney DVD collection? Maybe start sending her Disney propaganda by the truckload and see if she catches the addiction. Then she'll be begging for some good ol' DL time!

(I realize that there are only a few respectable addictions a child can have. Disney is ONE of them. I will defend my viewpoint at all costs. Lol!!)

Awwwww! That is so sweet! I know it would be fab to have her love DL as much as she loves you, but you're blessed to have her love you so much. :)

Thanks so much Kittyskyfish. Yes, it's bittersweet. I love having her for a week, and would go anywhere do anything with her. I'm a bit disappointed we're not going to Disneyland. But we're gonna have a wonderful time no matter what we do.

Does she have an extensive Disney DVD collection? Maybe start sending her Disney propaganda by the truckload and see if she catches the addiction. Then she'll be begging for some good ol' DL time!

(I realize that there are only a few respectable addictions a child can have. Disney is ONE of them. I will defend my viewpoint at all costs. Lol!!)

LOL! :rotfl: She has every DVD that Disney ever made, including how many Cinderellas that have been made now? I don't even know. But she can quote from memory any part of any one of them. She has her own DVD player and TV, and watches Disney constantly. I'm not sure what more I can do to indoctrinate her.

It will be wonderful having her, though. Perhaps later in the year we can grab her for another few days and go down to DLR. But it's gonna have to be a last-minute thing.

-Bob

You have not failed yet, just give it some time! LOL!
I too am a Disneyholic and my daughter had been to Disneyland 3 times by the time she was 7.
Considering where we live and that most people do not even go to Disneyland and if so, just once, that is a lot to most people we know.
When she was 8 and we were planning another trip, a woman on the playground told her how lucky she was that her mommy was taking her to Disneyland.
She looked at the woman with the most serious face and said, "It's really Mommy that wants to go and we just go along with her!"
The woman did not know how to reply.
I too did not understand how I could have failed to instill the Disneyland magic in my own child!!
She is now almost 11 and we are planning her 6th trip and she finally is a "Disneyaholic" . She cannot wait for our next trip to Disneyland and listens to her Disneyland Official Album all the time. Every morning on the walk to schook, we talk about all the rides we are going to go on and the snacks we are going to have. She is also a "Dole Whipaholic"!
So keep instilling that Disney magic and one day she just might get it! :goodvibes

Oh GrandBob, that is so sweet! You have far from failed - Walt Disney's ultimate goal was to bring families together, and it sounds like yours doesn't even need that extra dose of pixie dust to be magical! :lovestruc

I sometimes wonder if my kids are as crazy about DL as they let on, or if they are just humoring their slightly mental Mom and playing along with my mania. I think that because we are only able to plan trips every 3 years it helps......Man, if we lived closer I am sure I would be hearing "Can't we go anywhere ELSE? PLEASE??" :rotfl:

Ah that's sweet GrandBob!:cloud9:

I'm working on introducing our 2 yr old DGS to Disney quite a bit this year as we're taking his first trip to DL this month and following it up with WDW/cruise in Nov. I failed with his father as he's only a part-time Disney fan.pirate:

She can always compromise-- spend time with grandma and grandpa at DL!

Ahhhh.. so sweet! She's got great values.. family first.. because family is what makes Disneyland magical... otherwise it's just another theme park.

Heyyyyyyy My husband's name is Bob and He's a PawPaw!
The Best Grandfathers must be named Bob:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!