I don’t want to go alone! April 2021

MinnieS11

Earning My Ears
I know many people will say that going alone can still be fun and a special experience, but I really think it would personally be depressing for me. I had a partner to go with, but they backed before down payment, last minute. I’m looking for a partner to go in April, after the Easter crowds. Female preferably. All four parks, and as on budget as possible. I’m 28, AA female.

I know it is a personal preference, but I have been their at least 14 times since 2001 by myself and always had a great time. For me it didn't involve worrying about meals, because I could just use counter service if I wanted too, or sit down that I have been able to book the same day (morning) if I wanted that. I can come and go as I please, I can ride what I want and not ride what I want. I can sit and watch people or I can ride the rides, sometimes way more then once. So I have no fear of being by myself where as from 1983 to 2000 I always went with either my wife and/or my kids or clients that I cared for in my Residential Care Home.

I know many people will say that going alone can still be fun and a special experience, but I really think it would personally be depressing for me. I had a partner to go with, but they backed before down payment, last minute. I’m looking for a partner to go in April, after the Easter crowds. Female preferably. All four parks, and as on budget as possible. I’m 28, AA female.

I can understand. I go solo, but I do prefer to have a friend there. Make sure to post in this thread with specific dates and such and maybe you can find some DIS friends to hang out with. I've done that too.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...d-a-match-things-to-do-peeps-to-meet.1416979/

If you have never done a solo trip, don’t overthink it. I go solo for most of my trips (occasionally my sister will join me for a couple days) and they are longer trips, typically 11 days.

It will be different, but different doesn’t have to be negative. First, you will get to do exactly what you want, when you want, how you want. Do you want to ride the coasters over and over? Done! Do you want to shop until you drop? Done! Do you want to wander around and take photos/videos all day? Done! Do you want to eat at that restaurant that you love, but your travel companions wouldn’t? Done! Do you want to be at the parks from open to close? Done! Do you want to go back to the resort midday for some pool time? Done! Although you may not have realized how much compromising goes into traveling with others, there is a lot (even if it’s positive) and the first day you wake up at Disney and realize you have the freedom to do exactly what you want is pure magic.

For my first solo trip, the thing I was most concerned about was dining at TS restaurants alone, but that has been fine too. I find that I am more spontaneous about dining and I can be flexible about just picking from what is available without having to take other opinions into account.

Don’t get me wrong - I still enjoy time in the parks with family and friends. However, I actually prefer to be on my own now. I find the solo days to be less stressful and more fun. I hope you will give it a try!

I said this on another post, but it equally applies, here. This is a rough time to join up with strangers. You might get better results once you are there. I've done a few solo trips and I always found it easier to talk with someone new at a restaurant. That could be more difficult now, too. I just feel this is a poor time for trying to do this with the virus. I don't think 5 months from now will be that much safer.

I said this on another post, but it equally applies, here. This is a rough time to join up with strangers. You might get better results once you are there. I've done a few solo trips and I always found it easier to talk with someone new at a restaurant. That could be more difficult now, too. I just feel this is a poor time for trying to do this with the virus. I don't think 5 months from now will be that much safer.

I actually think in 5 months things could be significantly safer. We have two 'home-run' vaccines now that will be approved in the next few weeks. The plan is to have all Americans that want vaccination vaccinated by June; and while April is a bit early, there will be significant vaccination by then. Secondly, the 2nd wave is peaking now; cases would be down then anyway even without a vaccine. Vaccination will prevent future waves.

And finally, Disney is doing an excellent job with their health and safety protocols; masks, sanitization, and social distancing.

I wouldn't book in April or May 2021 with a stranger right now. I'd plan a solo trip - and then as it gets closer - post on here your dates and maybe try to arrange some meet-ups if you want company at times. In general, I wouldn't "plan a trip" with any dependencies with someone I don't really know in-person. You've already had a partner back out once - I wouldn't plan a trip to risk that again. I wouldn't even plan a trip with extended family or close friends right now because too much is unknown. Plan a trip for YOURSELF - and then see if you can find folks to meet up for meals or some touring. And really - don't be afraid to be solo during the trip! Disney is an awesome place for a solo traveler.

I did a trip once where due to unforeseen circumstances I ended up being on my own quite a bit when my travel partner needed to be in the room. I was surprise how much I enjoyed it on my own!

I'm probably in the minority, but I do not like to travel alone (and I do it often). It's very lonely, no matter how happy the circumstances I'm in.

There is no one to talk to (on a regular basis), and no one to share the experiences, and there is a certain emptiness to it for me. I just did not like it at all. And that's kind of weird, because I'm not a "lonely" type of person in life.

I won't travel to WDW/Disneyland alone again...if I can help it.

I'm probably in the minority, but I do not like to travel alone (and I do it often). It's very lonely, no matter how happy the circumstances I'm in..

There’s nothing wrong with feeling that way. Solo travel is not for everyone, but I do think everyone should try it once to see how they feel about it. You have tried it and it isn’t for you. I think whether someone is an introvert or extrovert plays into it as well. I do take a couple non-Disney trips per year with friends or family that I enjoy and look forward to, so I understand how having traveling companions can make a trip fun. I just don’t necessarily need that dynamic at Disney to have fun.

I am currently living solo and when working in the office, two of my four workdays are solo there as well. I have even traveled to the UK solo, which I probably wouldn’t have done if I hadn’t been comfortable going to Disney solo. I get a lot of vacation time, that is use it or lose it, and my friends and family don’t get nearly as much. I enjoy traveling too much to miss out just because I am on my own. But it is not for everyone, and that is OK.

There’s nothing wrong with feeling that way. Solo travel is not for everyone, but I do think everyone should try it once to see how they feel about it. You have tried it and it isn’t for you. I think whether someone is an introvert or extrovert plays into it as well. I do take a couple non-Disney trips per year with friends or family that I enjoy and look forward to, so I understand how having traveling companions can make a trip fun. I just don’t necessarily need that dynamic at Disney to have fun.

I am currently living solo and when working in the office, two of my four workdays are solo there as well. I have even traveled to the UK solo, which I probably wouldn’t have done if I hadn’t been comfortable going to Disney solo. I get a lot of vacation time, that is use it or lose it, and my friends and family don’t get nearly as much. I enjoy traveling too much to miss out just because I am on my own. But it is not for everyone, and that is OK.

I'm single, and I will travel alone at times, because quite frankly, I don't have any other choice. And I always say to my sisters..."well, I can just sit at home, or I can get up and go and have an adventure, because how else is it going to happen?". I mean sometimes, ya just gotta do it. But...it's still not my cup of tea.

Hey! I’m looking to go in late April/early may. I was going to go march but it got canceled. I also want to do all four parks. I am single and just turned 24. AA female.

Hey! I’m looking to go in late April/early may. I was going to go march but it got canceled. I also want to do all four parks. I am single and just turned 24. AA female.
My dates are the third week of April. And let me know... be careful and look at the availability calendar because Hollywood studios is booked almost to the end of April!

Yes, Ive noticed Hollywood studios is booked a lot of dates. What are your exact dates?

Oh cool, I wanted to got to universal as well. I was thinking I could just do hollywood studios later considering it’s booked. I might go the last week of April or mid may. However, I am still interested for the 14th-18th. Do you have a specific day that you’d like to do certain parks?. Maybe we could coordinate?

Oh cool, I wanted to got to universal as well. I was thinking I could just do hollywood studios later considering it’s booked. I might go the last week of April or mid may. However, I am still interested for the 14th-18th. Do you have a specific day that you’d like to do certain parks?. Maybe we could coordinate?
I have MK for 14th, AK for 17, and another MK for 18. My Epcot day is on the 16th, but I should be meeting another lady down there for that day. My HS day is the 15th. I’m doing a universal the 13th and the 19th with a park to park. Now, I must warn you... I am a go go go person. I like to get as much done as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter