I am going to make those index cards and I need help.

disalways

Mouseketeer
I am going to attempt be super organized and make out the index cards. I know that I want to put the dinner and lunch reservations, EMHs, Special events, time of fire work shows... but what else do you all put down on the cards? I want to make one card per day... right? How hard is it to use the computer to make the cards? Or should I hand write them?

Is there a thread that already has all of this info? Any help would be fabulous.

Mine are 4x6. I prefer WordPerfect and that's what mine are done in. I can email it to you if you have WP. Anyway, at the top, I have the park, day, date, hours of special events (parades, fireworks, etc.) that I don't want to miss. Also ADR #, time & place. After that, I have my touring plan, which only goes through lunch or a little after, as we will be taking a break at the hotel. I have all of the rides/shows color-coordinated as to which "land" they are in, so I know where I need to get to for the next ride.

I also did an evening card (I will put them back-to-back and have them laminated). But on the eve one, it will have the same stuff at the top, park, day, date, *eve*, times of special events (more so for eve than morn), adr #, time & place.

Then the list of what I would like to try to hit that I didn't get to in the morning, special places for photo ops, list of anything special to look for (at the stores), etc.

I'm going to punch a hole in the corner and keep them on a ring & bring the ones I will need for each day.

I also typed out cards for each park that include best times for rides/shows, where to view parades/fireworks, etc. and will be taking those with my daily touring cards. Did this for a 2-day trip this past spring & it worked great. This is the first time we've ever been for 10-nights & I'm trying to be super organized.

Oh wow, tmonferdini! Thank you so much! I would love to see what you do... It sounds like you cover everything. My email is sagemoma@yahoo.com

Lucky you! Ten nights... what a blast you are going to have.

I make smaller cards on the computer - they're credit card-sized, and I laminate them. Because they're so small, they fit very easily into the small wallet I use when traveling. I measured a credit card and made sure that the dimensions of my cards were just slightly smaller than a credit card.

I put the following on my cards: park hours, parade/fireworks times, EMH schedule. And I also put trip specifics on one: ADRs, confirmation numbers, and phone numbers (cell phone numbers of all travelers in our group, town car phone number, hotel phone number, WDW dining phone number). I also make one card that tells which park we plan to go to on which days.

I don't make one for each day -- I just put the info on the front and back of each card, then laminate them. I think that for our trip in October, I made up four cards, front and back -- then laminated them. You can use a pretty small font and get lots of information on there.

tmonferdini,

I would love to see a copy of your index cards in Wordperfect. I make index cards, but do them the old fashioned way, a pen, a marker and a ruler. Would make my life so much easier if I could do them on the computer.

I guess my email addy would help...DoH!

pjblank@msn.com

I've sent to everybody so far. I hope they are helpful. I prefer the 4x6 card size & the font (Comic Sans) are easier for me to read "on the go" so I don't have to stop and squint in the sun to figure out where to go/what to do next.

As far as the "best times" cards go, those came from the Tour Guide Mike website & I tweaked them a little to fit MY needs (they didn't seem to print exactly right as they were - many people had problems with the margins). I can't give that info on through this site, but it's all available on tgm.

hotzem, sent yours.

Also, if anyone else is interested that doesn't have WordPerfect, I've been playing with it in Word and think I got it close to the original, if you want me to send it out, just let me know WP or Word.

Please oh please could I get a copy? I have been looking for something exactly like this. No rush, as we aren't going until December 7 (10 months, 6 days) :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter