Hulk Coaster? Should I try it?

The Hulk coaster is pretty much all out in the open where you can see it before you ride -- however, I find that it is much more visually intimidating than the actual ride is scary. It's very smooth and a lot of fun. You can also check out the universal website to see a little video of the Hulk. If you've been on steel coasters with inversions before, I think you'll love Hulk. If you haven't, give it a try and see what you think!

The Hulk is one of my fav's and I usually ride it 5-6 times per visit. It is a steel coaster so it is a very smooth ride, meaning there are no jerky or shakey movements. I am deathly afraid of hights...I can't stand on a chair, but you do not feel height on the coaster. It looks much more intimidating than it is. It is such a cool coaster and lots of fun. It only lasts a few moments anyway, so even if you hate it, in 45 seconds or so it will be over!

For sure, you should try it!!!!!! They said it best ^^ not much more I can explain..............

Make sure you sit in the front row.......I love that ride :thumbsup2

The 1st lines before take off: YYYYYeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

"Everything looks good! I think,.....I think this time is going to work"!
"WARNING COOLANT LEVELS DROPPING"

It is a steel coaster so it is a very smooth ride

Believe me, jsut because a coaster is steel doesn't mean it'll be a smooth ride. I've been on some incredibly rough and unpleasant steel coasters.

Most of the time Hulk seems to deliver a fairly smooth ride, every once in a while though, it'll be a slight head banger (especially the second half)

my DH2B and I love this ride. we've made it a tradition to ride it when we first arrive at universal and right before we leave universal. It's one of our favorites!!!!!!!! of course if its not too busy we ride it like 3 or 4 times, if we can.=0) u won't regret and of course like everyone else says if u dont like it it only last like 45 seconds. :banana: :tink: pixiedust:

The Hulk is a big, mean, green coaster. Scary? No, not really; I'm more nervous on the lift hill of Dueling Dragons. But Hulk is intense - you will pull a few Gs and feel some centifugal force from the spirals and inversions. I always leave the Hulk with a mild headache, because I am prone to such things thanks to my various sinus problems.

Hulk is a fairly standard coaster by today's standards. It's fast and does have some strong twists, spirals, and inversions, but it's not one of those monsters that shakes you up like a paint mixer and spits you out again.

Should you try it? yes - absolutely.

Might it be one of the best coasters I have ever been on? Hands down - Yes.

It was so smooth and awesome. I convinced my best friend to go on it and she is terrified of roller coasters. She loved it.

"Everything looks good! I think,.....I think this time is going to work"!
"WARNING COOLANT LEVELS DROPPING"[/QUOTE]

Oh my that brings back fantastic memories- I don't, as a rule, do coasters ( afraid of heights and slow crank ups) but I love this ride so much.
Its so smooth and you don't have time to think- just totally amazing. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

The scariest part of coasters to me is the "clackety clackety" ride up for the first hill....none of this for Hulk since it shoots you forward instead. I absolutely love it. Feels like youre flying. Dont miss it!
:hippie:

WillCAD said:
Hulk is a fairly standard coaster by today's standards. It's fast and does have some strong twists, spirals, and inversions, but it's not one of those monsters that shakes you up like a paint mixer and spits you out again.

It really is a fun great coaster.. when I was at US/IOA in Feb we rode it alot( more than 3 times) every day..

Take it from a woman who gets sick off the idea of motion.... I LOVE THE HULK!! It's the smoothest, KINDEST, coaster in the world, and I even rode it once after eating!!

Love it! My son and I rode it 4 times this past weekend and the only reason we stopped is because the park was about to close!

This ride along with Spiderman, Dr Doom and Dualing Dragons are the best in the park!

If you do not ride the Hulk then you have missed out! It is AMAZING!!! You must try it.

Chris

okay, since we haven't been there yet, the pics we see of the Hulk, is there a tunnel?? it looks like you're heading for the water and all of sudden, you're going under the water (thru tunnel)? ...or am i just imagining things?

Yup, there is a tunnel where the track goes under the main walkway around the lagoon, and there are water jets on the sides which give the illusion to people on the ground that the ride vehicles are actually splashing into the lagoon.

The Hulk is a MUST DO (at least once)! ;) I'm a HUGE roller coaster chicken and it honestly took me an hour of constant convincing from my family and friends to make me go on it, but I finally did it and it was great. It definitely looks a lot worse than what it is. The noise can also freak you out, but once you get on and pass the the initial thrust in the beginning, it's smooth sailing from there. In comparission to the DD the Hulk is much gentler although it is a longer ride. Hope this helps. :teeth:

The noise is intentional, to simuate the Hulk's roar of rage!

to me, the best part is the beginning where the voice is talking over the speaker and then you get shot out of the tunnel. it scares me every time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter