How'd you pick your DIS name?

I'm pretty uncreative. Mine is the first 8 characters of my email address. I suppose I could claim to be a British spy....

froggy was the first password I ever had on the internet. I had my dad help me set up an account when I was little. I couldn't think of a password so my dad suggested frog. I can't remember how it became froggy.

the first 2 numbers are the birth year of... someone, and the last two numbers just seemed to fit.

Mine harks back to my much younger days on the internet. When i was about 13 (oh how time flies) i was really into with an internet site called Neopets (i was young and foolish). Since they have so many people on that site, it was hard to find an original username without the numbers. After a lot of trying i found a nice sounding name that hadn't been used before (if a wee bit childish, but hey i was 13!). From them on it kind of stuck as something i can rememeber!

I used to LOVE neopets, I think I had like 5 neopets names because I always forgot my names:rotfl:

So why don't some of you try to come up with a good explanation of where my username came from and I'll let you know if any of you are correct...

Come on now -- I'm expecting great things from all of you!

Is it a combination of the Calypso from Greek Mythology

and the end of the Wham! song Wake Me Up before you go-go

How can anyone NOT like greek mythology and George Michael!:lmao:

My first initial and last name. Very boring and I would live to change it but don't want to "start over". Although I have very few posts I have been addicted to the dis since I first came across it in June 2000 just before our Disney Cruise.

So why don't some of you try to come up with a good explanation of where my username came from and I'll let you know if any of you are correct...

Wasn't from the Lord Burgess song, "Calypso Go Go", was it? Same guy who wrote "Day-O" (of harry belafonte fame)?

OK. I just got a new disboard name. If you click on the link in my signature, you will find out the logic of it.

Mine is my husband's nickname - he's part hispanic and part Apache Indian. His hispanic friends and co-workers call him Indio.

Mine is a play on works of the song "Dixie Land Delight" by Alabama. BUT...when I registered, I hadn't yet been to Disney Land, so I went with DisneyWorld Delight.

well... I get the lame award for the day.
JC=my husband J.C.
KT=me, Katie

JCandKT.

Yup. Just a ball of creativity over here.

DH and I always call our kids "coconuts". So one day when I finally decided to join, after reading posts for ages, the kids were running around behind me...:dance3:

From Webtender.com

Calypso
Ingredients:
2 cl Dark rum
2 cl Coffee liqueur
Mixing instructions:
Pour directly in the shot glass and mix the ingridients.
No need to chill. Serve.

Creator/contributor's comments:
Fast shot for a cold night warming sensational feeling! T
Try it, Love it!

My impression of you from your posts is ...
someone I would love to sit with at dinner.
Great sense of humor, lots of fun, and very clever.

Are you still planning to post your story?
popcorn::

Mine is definitely not very creative. My name...Becky (I'm sure you all figured that one out pretty easy):rotfl: AK is the abbreviation for Alaska, and at the time I signed up I was living there year round. People are always asking me if I am a huge fan of Animal Kingdom because of my name. :)

I know my name seems obvious, but also, I had dated DH for ten years; we finally married---but, it took ten MORE years for me to get preggers!!! Being able to experience motherhood is such a miracle and a blessing and then being able to take my DS to wdw was the happiest treat I had ever experienced; so I am certainly happy2go whenever I can!!:love:

So not what you would think....Pixiedustspreader = Tinkerbell.. Nope.
Oct 05 and I was researching our first trip to the World. Saw the boards and was learning so much. Finally signed up - what name to choose? Chose the name that I've had elsewhere for awhile picked after my all time favorite movie...

Eddie: "Yeah, I got the daughter in the clinic, getting cured off the Wild Turkey. And, the older boy, bless his soul, is preparing for his career."
Clark: "College?"
Eddie: "Carnival."
Clark: "You got to be proud."
Eddie: "Oh, yeah. Yeah, last season he was a pixie-dust spreader on the Tilt-O-Whirl. He thinks that maybe next year, He'll be guessing people's weight or barking for the Yak woman. You ever see her?"
Clark: "No."
Eddie: "She's got these big horns growing right out above her ears. Yeah, she's ugly as sin, but a sweet gal. And, a hell of a good cook."

Couldn't believe no one else had claimed it...been hooked ever since that first trip...

And if there is a tag fairy....wouldn't mind a "So when did you get the tenament on wheels?" tag.

My name was originally Ronaldo (which my DH came up with very quickly as he likes the Brazillian football player!!) I never liked it but was kind of stuck with it!

Then on a trip to the World we were just going on Splash Mountain when my DD, (who was 6 at the time) pointed at Brer Rabbit and said, "Mum, you should be Brer Claire when you go on the computer!!" I liked that much better so it stuck!!

Claire xx :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter