How'd you pick your DIS name?

I love reading this thread! I often wondered how people got their names.

We love EPCOT (can you tell?) and often spend part of each day in that park when we are in the world. Hence, one of our questions to each other is "Is it time to EPCOT?" or "Let's EPCOT".

I spent 10 years in the Air Force, so I use this one. It is also my Xbox Live name, but air-man, kind of a play on spider-man and the Air Force connection.:charac4:

Random---Because i'm very random
Disney----My Frav person
101-------My Frav movie 101 dalmations :)

From Webtender.com

Calypso
Ingredients:
2 cl Dark rum
2 cl Coffee liqueur
Mixing instructions:
Pour directly in the shot glass and mix the ingridients.
No need to chill. Serve.

Creator/contributor's comments:
Fast shot for a cold night warming sensational feeling! T
Try it, Love it!

My impression of you from your posts is ...
someone I would love to sit with at dinner.
Great sense of humor, lots of fun, and very clever.

Are you still planning to post your story?
popcorn::

Sounds like something I'll need to take a shot at! :rotfl2:

Thank you for the lovely comments. :hug:

Okay, here's my story (although nothing too exciting...sorry!):

I've been a Girl Scout leader for years and always participate in the day camp our council runs every summer. Instead of using our real names, we use camp names. I had been using "Snickers" for a few summers but really didn't like it. Well this particular year the camp theme was tropical and as I was getting ready for camp (ie: washing away the gray :teeth: ) I looked down and noticed the name of the color I was using was "Calypso". I decided to use that as my camp name. (The color was awful by the way -- I'm a brunette and this had some really weird purplish hue to it -- :scared: ).

A short while later I discovered the DIS and when I went to register I used "Calypso" but then decided to make it a little more fun and added the "*a*go-go" part. I should have come up with a much more elaborate story, eh?

So not what you would think....Pixiedustspreader = Tinkerbell.. Nope.
Oct 05 and I was researching our first trip to the World. Saw the boards and was learning so much. Finally signed up - what name to choose? Chose the name that I've had elsewhere for awhile picked after my all time favorite movie...

Eddie: "Yeah, I got the daughter in the clinic, getting cured off the Wild Turkey. And, the older boy, bless his soul, is preparing for his career."
Clark: "College?"
Eddie: "Carnival."
Clark: "You got to be proud."
Eddie: "Oh, yeah. Yeah, last season he was a pixie-dust spreader on the Tilt-O-Whirl. He thinks that maybe next year, He'll be guessing people's weight or barking for the Yak woman. You ever see her?"
Clark: "No."
Eddie: "She's got these big horns growing right out above her ears. Yeah, she's ugly as sin, but a sweet gal. And, a hell of a good cook."

Couldn't believe no one else had claimed it...been hooked ever since that first trip...

And if there is a tag fairy....wouldn't mind a "So when did you get the tenament on wheels?" tag.

THIS IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE!!!

My story is pretty boring too...Goofy is my favourite character. I'm a Mom...although occassionaly I get accused of not having grown up yet.

Goofy is actually one of my heros too - no matter what he just gets up & tries again...usually with a Gawrsh or a WA hoo hoo hooooie in there as well. Kinda sounds like the best way to look at life!

When I was about 5 or 6 I had a doll, which I loved, called suzycute whose arms jumped up when you pressed her tummy (nothing sophisticated like you get today!). I never knew what happened to her after we moved from England to Canada when I was 7 I but remember her very fondly (after 40 years!). As my name is Sue, I thought it would be cool to choose this name!

Sounds like something I'll need to take a shot at! :rotfl2:

Thank you for the lovely comments. :hug:

Okay, here's my story (although nothing too exciting...sorry!):

I've been a Girl Scout leader for years and always participate in the day camp our council runs every summer. Instead of using our real names, we use camp names. I had been using "Snickers" for a few summers but really didn't like it. Well this particular year the camp theme was tropical and as I was getting ready for camp (ie: washing away the gray :teeth: ) I looked down and noticed the name of the color I was using was "Calypso". I decided to use that as my camp name. (The color was awful by the way -- I'm a brunette and this had some really weird purplish hue to it -- :scared: ).

A short while later I discovered the DIS and when I went to register I used "Calypso" but then decided to make it a little more fun and added the "*a*go-go" part. I should have come up with a much more elaborate story, eh?

:hippie: Yeah! thanks for the update!

My girl scout name was freckles & any photo of me at the time would be very self explanatory.

My DD will be a brownie this year
:dance3: I can't wait to share this adventure with her.

She enjoys her visits to Disney, but...
she recently told me she would rather go somewhere
"smaller, quieter, and closer to the ocean"
:scared1:

In 19 days we are going on a land and sea!!! I could dip her *in* the ocean with my Elasta Girl arms!

She might look like mini me, but her hard wiring is all Daddy...princess:

I like Disney, I'm a girl (and like abbreviations) and my nickname is Kat:)

Some names are very creative, so it's cool to know where they come from

When I was pregnant with my DD-11, I picked out three names for her; McKenzie if she was born with red hair, Maizie if she was born with blond hair and Zoe if she was born with brown hair. I just knew I wanted a baby girl with a "Z" in her name.

She was born with red hair so she became McKenzie.

Years later, I got two cats... I named them Maizie and Zoe...

I use maiziezoe all over the net.

mine is pretty much my standard user name I started using when I was pregnant with my youngest. It's my name and my daughters due date.

My husband is a pastor so I use PW for "pastor's wife" and my name.

Deb
POFQ, Oct. 2007

Reny was "my" first dog...I adopted him and had him for 6 years until he passed away 2 years ago.. I keep the name in his memory

Another whose's story is not that detailed :goodvibes
My name comes from my love of all things French, favourite actor Gerald Depardieu and favourite story Cyrano de Bergerac.

Funny when a film critic saw this film he described it as a remake of Roxanne :lmao: :lmao:

Katscradle stands for
Katherine is my name
Cradle is what I refer as my home.
It has always been this way in my mind.
There are no other females in this house so it's all mine.
mess, laundry, dishes, dinners, lunches etc.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter