How'd you pick your DIS name?

WLfan

I'm so tired of waiting for this thing to change t
Just wondering how some of you picked your DIS names. I've seen some really interesting and obsure Disney references (like COCOWUM :) )and I was just wondering. Mine is not so creative.

it's my nickname my DBF gave me.

I love tinkerbell and sometimes I am a butt to him and in an effort to get back at me one day he called me a tinkbutt so I kinda stuck with it!:laughing:

Althoug I've changed my board name a few times over the years I finally ended up with something obvious and simple. ADP are the initials of my name and what friends like to call me.

I am a longtime Jerry Seinfeld fan and years ago I heard or read that he used to check into hotels under the alias Slappy White, whether that is true or not couldn't really tell you. Anywho, I just rearranged some letters and became known as slapwhitey. Nothing to do with Disney but it's just something I've always used. It has nothing to do with slapping anybody....I promise.:thumbsup2

Mine is a reference to the nineteen Animated Classics that Walt fully produced (Snow White through Jungle Book). Most would agree that there was a severe and noteable change after he died. Disney, in my opinion, still struggles to reclaim the flair, quality and personality contained in those Original 19.

I wanted something obscure that I didn't think anyone had used yet. Then it occured to me...

One of my favorite memories came in 1997, when I decided I had enough after 7 years of a crappy work environment, quit the job, and my best friend and I ditched our husbands and did a spontaneous road trip to WDW. (Thankfully, I owned DVC, so it was extremely easy to do.) I was a TDS CM at the time, too.

It was a rainy week in early January and we were sitting in my Mickey ponchos (that I always bring) on a bench outside the Crystal Palace, enjoying the storm. We wer amazed at the visual of a sea of yellow ponchos passing by in waves and clusters. No matter how drab the day, they just brightened the whole park! We laughed and commented that people looked like Yellow Poncho Monsters and that almost became my name. I decided that might be too obscure for the folks that started doing Disney after they changed them to clear post-911, so it became YellowMickeyPonchos.

That's how I decided on my name.

Mine is kind of obvious - except that my son quit soccer about 2 months after I picked it. I'm too lazy to start over and don't want to lose my tags (even if they are misspelled)

ADP Why did you change it?

The other names I had didn't have anything to do with Disney or myself for that matter. My other names were either work login IDs or useless numbers. I'm not even sure why I ever used them.

I can't remember all of the names and passwords I have, so I started to use the same one for everything.:confused3

Ours isn't very creative:

TX = We live in Texas.
Taylors = Our last name.
5 = Number of family members.

:tinker: Jennifer

What a great topic- it is so fun to read the stories behind the names!

Mine has been a nickname in one form or another since I was about 4. We lived with my Grandmother when I was very young and one day she introduced me to one of her work friends. He was from Poland and I was fascinated with his accent. I think it was the first time I was really aware of someone speaking another language so I pestered him constantly with questions. "How do you say dog in Polish?" "How do you say Happy Birthday". etc... So my Grandmother, who has a sly sense of humor even now in her 80's, said to me, "Janet, do you want to hear how to say your name in Polish?"

Of course I did! I had no idea that was even a possibility! So my Grandmother very seriously looked her dear 4 year old Granddaughter in the eye and said, "Your name in Polish is Ja-nooshki Poo****ski." Yeah. Sound it out. :rotfl: I'm sure they all had a good laugh over that and forgot about it. But not me! Ja-nooshki Poo****ski. My name in Polish was so exotic! :lmao: I of course had to tell all my friends about it! I mean not everyone in 1969 suburban Chicago had a cool Polish name like I did! I locked that name away in my brain even though my family promptly forgot about it. Then a few years later I was in 3rd grade and we were learning about other countries. When we got to Poland I raised my hand to inform my teacher that I knew how to say my name in Polish! Did the whole class want to hear it? This time when I said it out loud it sounded somewhat different... My more mature 8 year old brain picked up on something... :scared1: And why were my classmates snickering? Later one of my more worldly friends set me straight. I was SO mad at my family!

After that incident, "Ja-nooshki became a beloved nickname that my mom used for me. Over the years, my sisters evolved it to Nooshkin and ...viola!
There you have it!

**And if you haven't figured it out, the "edited" part of my faux Polish name starts with an s and means the same thing as the first part....**

I only let special people call me Suzi -- my name is Susan -- & NOT Sue or Susie... with the Dis & a few other places requiring a log-on name, Suzi-Mom seemed to fit...Suzi for letting a special group know me along with my other persona...Mom...

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter