How We Survived The Worst Disney Trip Ever - A Honeymoon TR - FINALE!!!!!

HELLO:::::::::::::::::::::::::
I hope you are better by now! Come back and tell us more! :)

Okay, I'm here and I'm hooked! Loving your T.R. so far! You are just like me. I think I know the Disney bathrooms more than anyone else in our family! I too have a bladder problem...:rolleyes:

That was so nice that you were given a glass slipper while eating in the Castle! princess:

I can't wait to see what happens next.....good:) ...or bad:scared:

Oh dear! Please accept my sincerest apologies for being MIA for so long. I have a good excuse.

I lost my job. :yay:

Seriously! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Yes. Yes I am very happy about this. At first, I was all, "Oh NO!!!! What will we do?!!?!?!" But that very day, I started calling places and sending resumes, and the next day, I had jobs already lined up. So hooray!

You see, I had a ridiculously long commute (crossing the state line!) every day, plus I had to park my car WAY down the street, and walk in an unsafe neighborhood to work. In fact, a part of my exhaust was stolen off my car WHILE I WAS AT WORK just last month. So I've been desperate to find a new job to be closer to home, and so forth. Now, I get to! :goodvibes

So OK. Back to trip reporting.

Wednesday, September 19, Day 6, we went back to The Studios.

We caught Beauty and the Beast:

HONEYMOON240.jpg

HONEYMOON241.jpg

HONEYMOON249.jpg

This chick totally cracked me up. I mean, really:

HONEYMOON250.jpg

IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HONEYMOON267.jpg

Some ToT, anyone?

HONEYMOON270.jpg

We're scared. Are you scared?

HONEYMOON269.jpg

A Disney bus!!! The best kind of bus!!!

HONEYMOON271.jpg

Waiting for the bus to go back to AKL, change, and spend the afternoon at Typhoon Lagoon, and looking good while doing it.

HONEYMOON272.jpg

I think I like Typhoon Lagoon the best out of the two water parks. I never went to River Country, but people say it was fun, too. I think I probably would have enjoyed River Country. Have any of you ever seen pictures of the rotting plot of land that used to be River Country? I wish I could remember where I saw them. It's sad. Disney has done absolutely NOTHING with the land. At least, as far as I know. I could be wrong - it was a year or so ago that I saw those pictures.

Anyway, we must have went on the Crush n' Gusher water coaster at least 3 times. We spent a lot of time in the wave pool, too. I did some tall slide that I can't remember the name of, and wondered why I did something so brave! As I was going down, it dawned on me that I was STILL falling, and I screamed pretty loud. Then I had a severe wedgy at the bottom. Figures.

Crowds were pretty light, as it was a cloudy day, and we even got a down pour or two, but who cares when you're already wet?

We left around 5 to make it in time for our dinner reservations at Boma.

Now, I wasn't a huge fan of Boma. I do like the variety of food, and the distinct African flavor, but that's also the reason why I DON'T like it. I just don't like the spiciness or whatever. DH really didn't like it either, except for the beloved Zebra Domes. But we had a nice little surprise, too:

HONEYMOON273.jpg

A person could easily get used to this. princess:

Afterward, in the lobby of AKL, a troop of kids and parents were making their way to the store to participate in the nightly African parade. DH made a beeline back to the room, but I stayed for the festivities. I grabbed myself a little noisemaker and we all paraded through the lobby, being as loud as humanly possible. It was a lot of fun!

HONEYMOON278.jpg

HONEYMOON279.jpg

I am just a big kid. There is no hint of adult-ness in me. ;)

When I got back to the room, DH presented me with a gift - a bottle of African wine, and wine glass I said I liked once when we were browsing the store at AKL. The stem of the glass is some kind of metal elephant adorned with sparkley gems. It's very unique and beautiful. DH said he would have bought me the Walt Disney World photo album with the castle in gold on the front, but....I beat him to the punch and bought it myself. :o Oh well.

Our day ended on a good note. But....the worst was yet to come! :scared:

Stay tuned!

I think I like Typhoon Lagoon the best out of the two water parks. I never went to River Country, but people say it was fun, too. I think I probably would have enjoyed River Country. Have any of you ever seen pictures of the rotting plot of land that used to be River Country? I wish I could remember where I saw them. It's sad. Disney has done absolutely NOTHING with the land. At least, as far as I know. I could be wrong - it was a year or so ago that I saw those pictures.

When I was a kid I always wanted to go to River Country so badly, but my parents always said we couldn't because my brother wouldn't learn to swim. By the time I was old enough to go with friends it was closed. I'm still a bit bitter about it.

Good luck with job searching. I once lost a job I hated. No one could believe how happy I was, it ended up feeling like such a relief.

ok so I FINALLY caught up, great report so far! you are such a tease saying coming up it gets worse....tell us already!!! lol:goodvibes

I LOVE blizzard beach!

sorry you didnt like Coral r eef, it is one of our favorite places!

:yay: for losing far away, dangerous neighborhood job!
:yay: for landing new, closer, better paying job!
:yay: for DH buying cool African wine!
:yay: for a new update!

Sorry about the job but sounds like it was a good thing! :thumbsup2

We went to River Country many times as kids - loved it! I too saw those pictures somewhere and it was so sad. :sad2: I wish they would just bulldoze it if they are not going to do anything with it.

Great update - looking forward to the rest.

Because that summer, June through September, I was very sick. I'm talking urinary tract infections, people, one right after the other. I'm told they're very common after you get married. Oh, that's right, people told me that AFTER the fact. In other words, I didn't know what I could do to help my body defend itself from evil bacteria until AFTER said bacteria had taken over my bladder.

I'm a nursing student (39 days til graduation!) and I see plenty of nasty UTI and bladder infections. They should make a handbook for woman entitled "Please use the restroom after engaging in newlywed recreation". They should teach it in health class. Somewhere, woman should be told that it is SO important to use the restroom after you :banana:

Poor you, :hug: I hope nasty CI and bladder pain stay away!

Enjoying your report of even the uglier side of a Disneymoon because of your lovely writing style! popcorn::

I'm finally up to date on your TR, I'm so sorry you had a UTI during your honeymoon :sad2: I had one when I was in Europe.

Anway, I hope I can find a guy who will take me to WDW for our honeymoon too!

YAY!!! :banana: You're back! Even if you are still teasing us with this whole "the worst is yet to come" stuff.... I'm starting to wonder if the only horrible part of this honeymoon is that it ended?!?! :rotfl2: Can't wait to read more... update soon, please!

I can say that I was one of the lucky people who got to go to River Country as a kid. I LOVED it so much and only got o experience it a few times. Nothing really compares to it, it was simply fabulous!! We were just in WDW last week and I look the boat from the MK to Ft.Wilderness JUST so I could go by River Country and take some pictures of it. I will admit that I cried VERY hard :sad: and would give anything, and I do mean ANYTHING to have it back. I left a part of my childhood inside it's gates :sad1: .

So September 19th=my Birthday. A very fantastic day indeed.

It sounds so strange to say but, congrats on losing your job :rotfl2: .

So glad you're back!!

If U Had Wings: Sorry you didn't make it to River Country. That's so sad! At least you made it to WDW. I feel sorry for the people I know who have never been, and will likely never go!

heatherlynn444: Thanks for stopping by! Yes I don't know what the deal was with Coral Reef. Maybe we didn't have the right meal. Who knows? I love all the fun slides at Blizzard Beach. :goodvibes

hjohnson6: We're getting down to the nitty gritty!

BrittBritt: :flower3: for all your :yay:

mkluvsmickey: River Country RIP!

PrincessNewsie: I agree about them teaching it in schools or whatever. Because the damage it can do to a person's bladder is something irriversible. Stupid stupid stupid. People are stupid. :rolleyes:

disney-inspired: Ah yes, sometimes you have to "develop" and "grow" any kind of Disney love your significant other possesses within their heart. It may not be an outright obsession, but if it's there, you can help it grow into something you can both share! :love:

michellem1118: I wholeheartedly assure you, the worst part of this trip has NOTHING to do with the fact that it ended. In fact, that was the BEST part of the trip! You'll find out why.

foodrocksluver: Thank you. Very sorry about your River Country. I feel the same way about the old Journey Into Imagination. They totally crapped all over it. My favorite scene in that ride was the white and rainbow fairy land where Figment was painting with a fiberoptic paintbrush. Sigh.

Um, have you guys seen this commercial that I found on YouTube? I can't believe I never SAW this before!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's great. I won't give anything away, but it's Disney, of course. :goodvibes

THank you for sharing your TR as well as that commercial..... very cute i have a tear in my eye...

Thanks for the update!

Sorry or hmmm Congrats that you lost your job! hehe Hope it all works out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter