How We Survived The Worst Disney Trip Ever - A Honeymoon TR - FINALE!!!!!

I was so hoping they would bring back the old ride in Living with the Seas! I was really disappointed with the new one! Thanks for the new post, looking forward to the rest!!!

So sorry you didn't enjoy Coral Reef...you should have played the honeymoon card and asked for a tank side table when you checked in at the podium! We had DH's birthday there in October and got to sit right by the fishies, which thrilled DD6. Food was really good, too, and did not send us running for the porcelain gods. I'm looking forward to another update, but I'm feeling bad that you said it was downhill from here. Ok, the upside is look how many people you are now entertaining with your story!:rotfl:

I love how your DH picked the Coral Reef based on a Boy Meets World episode! :lmao: That's too funny!
Since I've never seen that one, now I have to know how the Coral Reef was worked into the "plot" line of the show...

FauntleroyFAN: Fauntleroy is a GREAT name, what is your DW thinking? ;) I thought of you the other day when DH and I were watching a Donald Duck cartoon on YouTube. I forget what the name of it was, but the basic synopsis is that Donald goes to a magic show performed by Mickey, and Donald keeps bothering Mickey so that Mickey puts a "spell" on him - everytime Donald gets mad, playing cards fly out of his mouth! DH and I thought it was hilarious.

peyjax: I can honestly say we had no trouble with transportation when we stayed at POFQ. Although, for some reason, the week we were there, it was EMPTY that year. Even more so than last year. I guess more and more people caught on to Free Dining?

nowellsl: RIP Living Seas. We will miss you.

whogirl'smom: I doubt we would have gotten anything even if we did ask, the place was so crowded. The only thing we got was personalized menus. Oh well. Live and learn.

BrittBritt: I think it was Season 3. It was during the TGIF special where ALL the shows went to WDW - when Steve Urkel proposed to Laura as "Prince Steph-ON" and Laura was dressed as Cinderella. Anyway, the synopsis of the episode is Topanga wins a trip to WDW with a group of students, but her and Cory are broken up at the time, and Cory is miffed when he finds out she is going to be spending a lot of time with "another guy." So he and Sean fly down there and spend the episode looking for Topanga. He would spot her at various places with "the other guy," including Coral Reef where she is having dinner with the guy. Cory appears in a window with scuba gear and Topanga is furious. She confronts him outside The Living Seas (with the waves crashing onto the rock in the background) and tells him to leave her alone. Cory goes off to play with the dolphins and then that anal blonde girl from Step by Step shows up and tells him that one particular dolphin won't eat because she misses her mate. Cory talks to the dolphin, telling her that he misses HIS mate too, and unbeknownst to him, Topanga is listening. Topanga follows him out of the Living Seas to the big Epcot fountain where she admits she was wrong, they get back together, and share a kiss amidst the fountain's show of pretty colors and dancing water. The End.

It was a great episode. DH really liked it (we've always compared ourselves to Cory and Topanga, LOL) and so he has always wanted to eat at Coral Reef. Maybe when Cory and Topanga were there, it was worth eating at, who knows?

I had the same experience at the Coral Reef (I know ... TMI.) -- but the food was not that great and we were in the back of the restaurant next to a loud, cranky family. I don't think I will ever go there again. I am sorry things went so bad for you on your trip.

Thank you for such a detailed show summary!
Oh! I'd almost forgotten about Steph-ON! :lmao: Didn't those shows seem to be the absolute best at the time? I wonder what would be the easiest way to re-watch all of those Disney episodes of Boy Meets World, Step by Step, etc.?

Clearly Boy Meets World is from a pre-9/11, pre ADR world: As if Cory and Sean would be able to hop a plane, without parents, no questions asked these days! Can you picture Topanga being awake at the crack of dawn to call and make Coral Reef ADRs for her and the "other boy"? :rotfl2:
Oh, the nostalgia!

Yes, we just got back from Disney and the Coral Reef restaurant was most certainly LOUD! I mean I could barely hear my husband next to me! That's one we won't do again. Luckily though I didn't have the intestinal problem.

Thanks for another update!

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience at the Coral Reef. (Makes note to self to not eat at the Coral Reef during our next trip. Shouldn't be to hard to avoid since the boys hate fish!)

I am afraid to find out what happens next.

:scared1: Yikes we are eating at Coral Reef in 5 days. Now I'm a little scared. I don't like Chuck E Cheese loud! :scared:

Disney :snooty: are the best people ever. We hold a high standard. We are to never be underestimated.
I always thought we were going underwater on the hydrolators too. Just like I also thought we went completely underwater on 20,000 Leagues until we were on the Skyway one day and my dad pointed out how only a small part of the sub was underwater. That runined me.
I LOVED :lovestruc the movie that used to be in the Living Seas. My dad and I have come to the conclusion that it was probably the BEST movie that any of the parks had. It was so fantastic and I loved everything about it ( I never knew that that was Jessica Rabbit talking to me! She is my favorite character! And I loved the voice on the movie, so it makes sense that it WOULD be Jessica's)
So sorry about your bad CR dinner. I have always loved it there and had a great meal when we ate there this past July. I always hear bad things about it but always have a good experience.
I think that the best part of Disney Quest is the elevator ride up with the Genie. After that, let me have a go at the Cheesecake Factory and then I could leave and not come back for a WHILE.
Excited to hear about TL (my fave! I could stay in that Lazy River all day and just be lazzzzyyy)!

I think Jessica Rabbit was done by Kathleen Turner.

Love the report by the way. Can't wait for another update!!!!

I love your report! I am sorry you were sick! My husband was sick for the first 3 days of our Disneymoon!!!

Another good installment. So sorry to hear about the Coral Reef not sitting well with you. We have only eaten there once but like another posted said it was a good meal, not bad at all. And it was not too loud either, but this was October so maybe the attendance was low.:confused3

I never knew you could try the Segway for free! We will definitely make that a stop on our next trip, however we are thinking of just booking the Segway tour offered at EPCOT on our next visit. Very cool!

I have never been to Typhoon Lagoon, can't wait to hear how your day went there!

OK...I haven't read anything except the actual Trip Report.

I'll let you know my thoughts for whatever they are worth...perhaps they relate, perhaps they do not since I don't know your exact UTI situation.

1) I can't believe your nurse friend (who told you to drink the acidophilus milk)didn't tell you that you can get a UTI analgesic (pain reliever) over the counter at any pharmacy...and it's the exact stuff that turns your urine orange. (Why didn't your doctor give you this when you were diagnosed?...it's standard)

2) The stuff that turns your urine orange doesn't stain your underwear if you soak it before you wash it...especially if you use a "whitener" detergent.

3) If Disney charges $59 to deliver medication later than you need it...you might have had the prescription sent to a pharmacy very close to WL (asking a location at the front desk...you are about 2 miles maximum from a pharmacy)...and then you use a cab yourself to pick it up....there are several pharmacies close to WL...and even IF the cab ride there and back would have cost $59 (which it almost assuredly wouldn't have)...at least you would have had your prescribed medicine (which works magic on the pain) immediately.

Believe me, I have had a UTI on vacation...and I feel your pain.

Lol...I've been enjoying your trip report...but can't believe no one gave you better advice...or treatment than you received at home and at Disney.

Perhaps I don't know the whole scenario.

I just started reading your trip report and I haven't finished, but I feel for you. I too was sick on my honeymoon! You definitely put how I was feeling in perspective though!

We were married on September 22, 2007 - we went on a 6 night cruise followed by 5 nights at Disney. We left for the cruise on Sunday and by Monday afternoon, my throat was sore. By Tuesday morning, I couldn't swallow and I was crying to go home. I was sick the entire cruise and most of the time at Disney with a sore throat, coughing, fever, runny nose (which is the worse - I went everywhere with tissue, and it was never enough, I was constantly stopping in bathrooms to blow my nose and wash my hands!), achy body...you get the picture.

I was so mad and bitter because it was supposed to be the most magical time, our honeymoon and I was sick. But what can you do??? I try to focus on the good moments, the moments that were fun and forget about the not so fun moments.

You were definitely robbed...so now you need a re-do! I am going to Disney again two weeks, without the DH but with my DD but I keep telling DH that I get another cruise to make up for the last one! :rotfl2:

Looking forward to finishing your TR...

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter