• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How old were you when you met the Mouse?

I was 9 my dad took me in 1978. I didn't return till many years later and until that time had no desire to go back oops did I say that out loud LOL. After a return trip in 96 you couldn't keep me away from the place.

Well, about this time of year..a family of them moves into my garage...I'm gonna put out some traps and hope to meet them real soon :earboy2: ..

As for Mickey...I was not quite 3 (1971)...and almost every year since (and many years twice ;))

I met the Mouse on my 4th birthday!! For some reason I remember it taking forever to find him! :earsboy:

Just found black & white photos of myself with my Mom & Grandma - one standing in front of the Castle at Disneyland in Nov 1957 and another riding on Dumbo. We took our DD to WDW for the 1st time on her 3rd BD, and our DGD will be going in May with DD & DSIL 2 weeks shy of her 3rd BD..... :earsgirl:

I was 2 yrs old and we went the year WDW opened. Been going back ever since atleast once a year. :earsgirl:

Spring Break vacation with my family at the tender age of 5 in 1977.
I've had an addiction to the World ever since!

I was 16, my brother and his wife were living in Jacksonville (Navy) and
I flew down to see them. We drove down to see the Magic Kingdom and
Epcot. I went to Disneyland 10 years later. In the nineties I really picked
up the pace (every other year).

My wife's first trip was on our honeymoon :)

I was 26 the first time I meet the mouse, and my son was 5. The MK was the only park at the time. Oh, how things have changed. Yipeeeeeeeee :rotfl2:

I was 4 in 1975 when I 1st went to Disneyland, and fell in love with Disney parks. :love:
I was 8 in 1979 when I 1st went to WDW and have been obsessed ever since! :lovestruc

It was 1976, I was 11 years old and on a boy scout trip. Iv'e been back three times since, and will be going alot more as soon as my impending DVC membership becomes official :cool1:

Chris

Another 18 year old on a senior class trip. In 1972. I remember seeing a lot of sailors in their white uniforms. We were more interested in the sailors than the mouse! :flower: 2 of my girlfriends and I met a few of them and rode the Haunted Mansion ride together. We talked about that for years to come. My next visit was 1987 with DH and 2 kids. Paid a lot more attention to the mouse on that trip.

Mary

Caskbill said:
First really knew of the Mouse about 1955 when I was an adolescent and the Mickey Mouse Club was on TV, and DL opened.

Like Caskbill, my first exposure to Mickey was on TV as a child. The Disneyland TV programs began in 1954 and were enjoyed long past the DL opening in July, 1955. The Mickey Mouse Club was also a staple at our house.

My dad was able to save up vacation time and we drove to CA in 1958 for my first up-close-and-personal mouse adventure at DL. I bought a map of DL at that time and it adorned the wall of my room for years (and now is prominently displayed on a wall in our den). We had friends who moved from our upstate NY town to Anaheim in 1956 - their daughter, who was my age , enjoyed a summer job as Snow White when she was in college at USC in the mid 60's.

My first WDW trip was Dec. 1972 and we've enjoyed each subsequent trip a little more. :)

Disneyland 1962, I was 9, my sister was 6.

It was the trip of a lifetime.

Driving trip, we also went to Vegas, San Francisco, Grand Canyon, Yosemite
national park.

We liked Disneyland the best.

I was 25 and DH was 24. We returned 4 years later with my parents for their first visit :earsgirl: (mom was turning 50 and DS was turning 5 on the trip), and Dad was 56. Now we get to go all teh time and DD and DS are much more well travelled than their parents were at the at age!

The first time I met Mickey (Yes we are on a first name basis, we are close friends. ;) ) I was 6 years old. We met at Disneyland, his first home.

Later when I was 16 we met again in Florida..... and again, and again, and again......

Did I mention we are very close? :smooth:

princess:

My first time with the mouse was on TV also. Finally got to WDW when I was 45 and I haven't come up for air since then! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Senior class trip 1989. I was 18. :lovestruc :lovestruc
Fast forward to 1995 when I convinced DH to scrap our Aruba honeymoon plans and go to Disney instead. :bride: :groom:
I now think he is more obsessed than I am!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter