• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How old were you when you met the Mouse?

My famliy went in 1972 when I was 8. It began an affair that has lasted my family over 30 years! Now my kids are the age my sister and I were when we first went. That is very cool...

After that first trip we went back many summers in our trailer. We always stayed at Ft. Wilderness. Back then you could swim in the lake and the MK was all there was! One year we stayed at the Polynesian and I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. It's still my favorite.

Now that we have DVC we get to go twice a year or more... The next best thing to living in Orlando!

DH & I were 20 (we'd been married 1 yr at that time) when we first visited WDW. As soon as I walked down Main Street (there was no other park at that time) I knew I could live right above one of the stores on Main Street. Since then, we've been back tons of times and now our children and their fiances join us. My DH knows that although I love him dearly, there will always be a special spot in my heart for the mouse.

thumper51 said:
This is my first Post. I joined the forum today. How appropriate to want to share my first mouse encounter. I was 7 and it was in Disneyland.
I am 54 so do the math. Of Course I was also an avid Micky Mouse Club fan! I went all the time as a kid as we lived in LasVegas and my Dad had to work in the LA area alot so he would take my Mom sister and I and put us in the Heidi motel and we would get our book of tickets and spend a few days. I have some ABCDand E tickets still. My Daughter spent her 1st birthday with the mouse in Disneyland in 1974. And her Graduation at Disneyworld. She worked at Epcot on the College program. We bought DVC at Saratoga Springs and our first trip HOME is the 28th of May. We are so excited.

Boy I used to live and die for the C tickets at MK. The Tomorrowland "Indy" Speedway was a C ticket and I couldn't get enough of it! Surprise surprise...it's my DSs favorite MK ride today! :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter