• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How old were you when you met the Mouse?

TammyAlphabet

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Life Member - "excl
I made my first trip to Disney World at the ripe old age of 25 on my Disneymoon. Little did I know I was destined to love a Mouse!!! I just wondered about the rest of my DVC friends?

How old were you when you first met the Mouse???

I was 24 years old and pregnant with my second child. Incidentally, that same child, my 26 year-old-son, is getting married tomorrow!! And he's going to see Mickey on his honeymoon. But he's seen him before. He was 2 1/2 when he first met the mouse.

First really knew of the Mouse about 1955 when I was an adolescent and the Mickey Mouse Club was on TV, and DL opened.

Met the mouse in person 1st time we went to WDW in November 1971, a month after they originally opened, and I was still a youngster (27 years old). Well, a youngster at heart. :earsboy:

Finally made it to DL for the first time in 1973 and met the Mouse there. (Remember, in '55 the idea of traveling 2000 miles to California was about the same as going to the moon) Only rich people could affort to fly, and by train (back then trains were still the most popular form of travel), it was several days each way. There were no interstate highways.

DW and I were 36.

Whoa, I was 18. Did boot camp in Orlando, had cinderella liberty just after graduation. This was in '77. What was kind of bizzare was that other guests were asking me questions like "where's the closest restroom" or "how do I get to JC". I finally realized our summer white uniform looked almost exactly like the outfit the street cleaners wear. I guess people just ignored that funky hat we wore with USN above the brim.

I was 9 the first time to WDW, took a lot of work on the folks to make the trek back in '76. DW made several family trips as a kid. DS/DD were 2 and 1 for their first trip to Disneyland, afterwhich they are now regulars. The recently arrived DS was 2 weeks old for his first visit to Mickey's.

12 years old. Went with my parents to WDW over Easter of 1973, a little over a year after opening.

I was 16 in 1984 when my parents took the five of us down. They wanted to wait until my youngest sister, who was 7, would appreciate it.

I did not get to WDW until my 50th birthday. My husband, my 4 year old grandson and I visited WDW in 1997. The castle was a cake and we had dinner at Chef Mickeys. So that was my first encounter with the mouse. Actually we went looking for him in Toontown, and the lines were very long, so I remembering thinking. We are having dinner with Mickey, so why wait in these long lines? I was correct. We had a 5 p.m. seating at Chef Mickeys and had a whole lot of characters to ourselves. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Chip and Dale, were all there. Got lots of pics, had a good meal. It was a lot of fun. My first encounter with the mouse - but definitely not my last. Will be in WDW in 80 days.

Mickey and I have been having an affair for almost forty years now (don't tell my DH.) I have had the enjoyment of going to DL since 1968 and WDW since 1984. I have gone too many times to count and have enjoyed every phase during our relationship: as a young girl, as a single woman, as a married woman, and as a mom!

I was a 35 year-old mother who had the ho-hum idea "Well, the kids should see Walt Disney World at least once". And although once might have been OK with them, it certainly hasn't been for me!

I was 22
It was 1977 and I was on my Honeymoon in WDW. DH was 2 and his family went went to DL but he doesnt remember so I dont know if that counts

I'm one of the old timers and I watched the Mickey Mouse Show when I came home from school in the 50's. Also, I'm one of the lucky ones who did take a train, from the east coast, across the Canadian Rockies and down the west coast and met Mickey at DL in '63 when I was 16. Mom and I slept in coach, it was part of a rail tour that was my high school graduation present. Mom wanted me to see our country and Canada and appreciate the opportunities that would be open to me if I studied and went to college. It worked! A few years later, mom and dad took my younger sister, they flew for some segments of the journey.

DH and I went to WDW in '77 with oldest son, then 2 1/2, and then we went every 3 years afterwards with both sons.

Bobbi :flower:

I was 25 and on my honeymoon too! I knew I loved the mouse already though!

Who is this mouse you speak of? hmmmmm ?

I don't remember much from my first trip to Disneyland, but I guess I first met him when I was 4. I really only recall meeting him when I was 34 - so less than 2 years ago!

First time I met Mickey was at WDW in 1975 and I was 5yrs old....if my parents only knew then what a little monster they were creating lol :rotfl:
Me obsessed? :rotfl2:

NOW, I'm 34...live in FL, am going to WDW Sat. just for the weekend...and have too many trips behind me to count :teeth:

If it weren't for the existance of a man who sadly didn't even live long enough to see the enormity (sp?) of his creations...I wouldn't be able to say I'm the WDW fanatic I am today ;) Thank you Walt! From the bottom of my heart :lovestruc :cloud9:

I remember watching the Mickey mouse Show in B/W in 1962 or 63. Of course, we watched Walt every Sunday night.
I cried the first time I saw the fireworks over the castle at WDW in 2001. They were in color and they were playing "When you Wish Upon A Star." I was 41.

Age 13 in 1973. :earsboy:

Those were the days when character appearances were rare. And a lot more exciting when they occurred.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter