How much time for Harry Potter and HHN?

TarotFox

Mouseketeer
We are going on our Disneymoon at the end of October, and we want to hit HHN. I have some additional questions down the line about HHN, but we want to hit it on Oct 31st, but also we want to see all the Harry Potter stuff which I understand is in two different parks. How much time is it going to take for us to parkhop and see all of this, in addition to having one of the nights be taken up with HHN? We don't care much about the rest of the park, maybe we'll check it out but it's low priority in comparison. We probably will just Uber to the park, so we'll be a bit aways as well.

Congrats on your Disneymoon! So I'm making the assumption you are staying at Disney since you mentioned Uber to Universal. Planning on going to HHN on Oct. 31st is like going to the Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day and thinking you'll get in the gate and actually get on a ride. It would be fun just to be part of the crowd and to enjoy the street zones but don't have high expectations of getting into any of the haunted houses. The crowds and lines are crazy! Weekends are also packed but during the week its much more manageable. As for Harry Potter spend the day, purchase an express pass and easily ride the train between Hogsmede and Diagon Alley. Better yet, since its your Disneymoon, spend a night at the Hard Rock, Royal Pacific or Portofino and get a free express pass. If you stay at one of those hotels (Hard Rock is closest to HHN) during the week you could easily do all of Harry Potter during the day and then have an enjoyable evening at HHN!

Is that so about Halloween? We've never done Orlando at all, but most of the HHN sites list Halloween itself as being one of the less busy days to go on compared to the rest of mid-late October.

Here's a link to the best "local" information. It's on target and gives you the straight local scoop not the tourist "marketing" slant. The pictures tell the story. The crowds are real and a definite consideration that can impact the evenings enjoyment.
https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/guide-universal-orlando-halloween-horror-nights/This is a very popular local event. We always go on a Wednesday, late September or first week of October. Last year with early access/Annual Pass privileges we still queued up and waited 1.5 hours for the Stranger Things house as soon as we got in. I've never actually gone on Halloween but perhaps someone who has can fill us all in on their experience. I'd like to hear about it also. It is so much fun and not to be missed!

I'd vote for HRH for at least one day if you're going all out on a Disneymoon.

Not only the HRH is amazing and a few minute walk, but you have unlimited EP, as well as EE, which you can enjoy if you get there early enough. You can either drop off your luggage, or keep it in the car and then stop by the front desk to ask specifics on checking in so they have your number to notify you when it's ready via text. Your hotel keys are your EP. You should be able to do all of HP in one day if that's all you really care about and HHN that night. However, HHN I would imagine is going to be packed (unlimited EP won't be included for HHN). Also good thing about staying at HRH is once you're done with all that you can just walk back to your room and hit the hay.

Hm, I wasn't really looking to do a split stay, but maybe it's worth thinking about. What is good about HRH over the other hotels? I think RnRC is about as much of the theming as I want but it does warrant some looking.

HHN I believe has Express Passes you can buy also, doesn't it?

HRH is a personal preference of mine, as I love the whole rock vibe with the theming and a huge fan of music in general. I just enjoy the over all look and feel of the place. I has an edge, but still has a lot of class and elegance, especially it's lobby and fine restaurants there. The Palm, one of the restaurants a lot of people rave about is there. The pool area I enjoy a lot too. Also, while you have transportation to the parks at all the hotels on property, HRH is only a few minute walk over to Universal. So, it would be the most convenient hotel as well, especially after a full park day and night at HHN.

How many days will you be visiting Orlando? There's a lot to see and do at both DW and Universal especially since this is your first visit. Knowing the number of days can help us give you a bit more detailed information as what to expect and time considerations so you don't get overwhelmed and have an enjoyable visit.
My vote would be for HRH-location, location, location. It's right next to Universal Studios/HHN. It's a very short, easy, walk from the hotel to HHN. Plus if you are a rock music fan you will thoroughly enjoy the ambiance of the hotel and on occasion a live band rockin' out at the pool-awesome!

The theming is so so to me... my dad is in the rock n roll industry and I'm kind of over it to be honest. I've had my fill over the course of my life! My dad was actually brought on by Imagineering to work on the RnRC before it opened... wish I had been a little older for that trip.

Anyway, location does seem excellent so it's something to look at. I'm goijg to be in Orlando for something like 14-16 days, but we've never been to WDW before (I barely remember my visit with my dad and my fiance and I have done DL twice and are in love) and we want to make sure we have the time to soak in WDW since we will be doing a lot if extras, Halloween Parties, etc. But the same goes for HP and HHN!

Totally get where you are coming from now. 14-16 days is fantastic and I would definitely consider a split stay. The extra parties at DW are lots of fun especially "Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party" if you are into dressing up for Halloween. It's the one time you can actually wear a costume to the Magic Kingdom. Then get your "adult on" and spent some quality time at Universal at HHN. The whole Universal complex has always been much more adult oriented at night since it encompasses City Walk which includes some great restaurants, Sports Bars and other adult drinking establishments. Just some things to think about but it certainly sounds like you are ready for a good time. I have no doubt you will enjoy yourself no matter what you do.

You can purchase EP separately, but if you work out the cost difference between staying at HRH (or one of the others that offer it) vs purchasing separately it may be cheaper to just stay there. Even if you only stayed one night you would get unlimited EP for the day you check in and the day you check out.

*Edited because I realized you asked about HHN EP being purchased separately. The info above is for regular day time EP. You would still need to purchase separate HHN EP either way. EP for both is highly recommended.

Last edited:
HHN EP you may purchase separately, but it's a lot and the price gets higher with peak times, for example, for Halloween it's $99.99. So, it depends on if you can afford it, or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter