How much is your 2012 Disney Vacation costing this year?

It's fun to see what everyone has booked and what they spent. But it seems that the feeling is all the same....no matter if we spent $1500 or $15000, or we feel :scared1: or :faint: after seeing the numbers, we all say it's worth EVERY penny. And it must be as we all do it again and again! :goodvibes

I totally agree!!! While I look at the numbers and kind of go :scared:, I know once we get there, I will forget all about that. :goodvibes And yes, I do it year after year...so must be worth it...

A flipping TON. ;) We are going for eleven nights, two adults, two Disney kids.

5 nights CBR Pirate room (booked w/spring promotion): $1060
5 nights BWI CL (booked w/spring promotion): $2244
1 night AKL standard view (booked w/summer promotion): $300

10 day park hoppers through UT: $1375
Food/spending: $2000 (fortunately I have a large portion of this covered through gift cards)

4 RT flights, SW (SO expensive--one was free!!): $1400

Barftastic grand total: $8379
Hopefully we'll be making some good memories!

I just like the work Barftastic. :laughing:

9 nights, 10 days at POP
Dining (not free, :( )
magic your way with water option
$3200
Air fare from IN, $670.

doesn't include any tips or souvineers or the Brithday celebration.

Cant wait!!!

Family of 9 (me, dh, ds's 16,8,4,2 and dd, her husband and my granddaughter 1).

Flights for all round trip out of Latrobe 1104.00 (no charge for parking). 2 preferred rooms at pop (Sept 13-21), 7 day tickets with park hopper and upgraded reg dining plan 5080.00. So not figuring in tips or souviners 6180.00. But time spent in Disney with the family is priceless! We will just be missing our oldest son who will be on a Disney cruise for his honeymoon that week.

2 ad 2 ch 2&9
14 nights
Beach club standard
Free dining
14 day hopper ticket
Flights from the UK
Car hire
£7000 = $10800. Ouch

Not including spending money which will be about £2000 = $3100.

So lets round it up to aprox $14000 Double ouch!

Hmmmm, best not show this to DH!!:scared1:

Lol.. Too funny. Don't let your husband see those receipts or the bills! ;)
DING DING DING DING!! I think we have a winner here!! Lol.. That is the most expensive trip I have read so far! With $14,000... I think I can buy a new car with that money! Anyway.. I hope you and your family have a wonderful time! I know it's going to be a magical one! :wizard:

7 nights POR 9/23-9/30

2adults, 2disney adults
free dining, 5 day no hopper $2410

various ticket upgrades (3 extra days for me, 2 "and more" for the kids) $150
MNSSHP for me and DH(kids dont want to go:confused3) $120
spending money/tips $400

airfare 3 free round trip tkts w/SW credit card points, $270 for other ticket.

Total = $3350 (I also have $640 in Disney reward dollars, so $2710 actual cash)

7 Nights @ POP for 2 adults and 2 year old with free dining (paid for DDP upgrade), and 6 day park hoppers: $1691.58

Airfare for 3: $690.30

Total: 2381.88
Plus $500 for tips and souvenirs

Grand total: 2831.88

2 adults, 2 kids (6 and 3)
Dec 13-20 at WL Courtyard Room w/ (35% bounceback offer)
Deluxe Dining Plan
8 day Base park tickets
$4000
Airlfare on Jet Blue out of NY $900

Total $5,000

NO DISCOUNT, NO PIN, AND NO FREE DINING! FULL PRICE :confused:

We are staying at AOA , June 22nd-28th. 4 adults, 2 kids, and 1 infant (free of course)

It is costing me $6222.22 exactly for hotel, park tickets (with park hopper) and dining. That doesn't include gas for our 18 hour drive, and spending money so I would say another $2000.00 onto that

Grand Total $8222.22 YIKES

But it's Disney and it's my Happy Place!!!!! :love:

Looks like everyone has the same issue air being a lot more expensive this year. I actually think for the 4 of us we did good for non stops for 4 at 1076.. Those same flight now are 1518.:scared1:. Glad I booked when they first came out.

Number of Guests: 7
Month: September
Length of stay: 4 days, 3 nights
Resort: GF RPC TPV (Room Only) 3 rooms = 6658 (20% discount)
Airfare for 6 (one person is meeting us in FL) 2511
Rental mini-van= 401 with AAA discount
Park passes= 793 with AAA discount (2 2-day passes with no options and one 4 day park hopper with no expiration. Everyone else already owns park passes.)
Trip insurance:499
TOTAL: $10862
Dining is additional.
What is there to say but: THANK YOU MOM AND DAD!:love::love::love::love::love:

4 adults 6 nights

6 nights 2 bedroom villa AKL Kidani - Savanna View - $2740.00 (DVC Rental)
Airfare - Chicago to Orlando - Zero. Using AA miles for 4 people.
Airfare - Orlando to Chicago - $549.20
5 day park hopper ( 5 days for price of 3 ) - $1232.57 And still have 3 days left on non -expiring hoppers which we decided not to use for this trip because of the deal we got.
Minivan - $310.00 - thru Sixt- still checking for National to come down. I have a free day to use and AMEX points for a $200 certificate.

Haven't figured the Universal/ food/ gas/ souveniers yet

So far our half is $ 2415.89

Since I used my airline miles, my wife and I get the master suite!:thumbsup2

3 Adults
Flying from England, upgraded seats, into Sanford and transport to hotel plus return transport
14 nights at Port Orleans late September into early October
Upgraded free quick service dining plan to regular dining plan
14 Day Ultimate ticket, UK ticket which is basically unlimited entry to all the parks with park hopper including the waterparks (not that we go to them!)
1 day tickets for Universal IOA (skipping Universal itself as nothing to interest us)

£5700 ( $8800 )

On top of that there is travel insurance and spending money, MNSSHP tickets, Desert party.....

The biggest increases since 2010 are definitely air related - though obviously exchange rate plays a big part as well, at some points in 2010 it was possible to get USD at £1 to nearly $2, where as now its $1.55, though seen a lot of predictions that this rate will climb as the elections near so I'll be waiting as close as I can to travelling to get the best rate. The rates offered on prepaid cards, travellers cheques etc and the fees when using a credit or debit card means that cash is pretty much the best option for us though we tend to use our KTW cards and just pay money off at the resort.

Still worth every penny though and worth the effort of saving up. :thumbsup2

Looks like everyone has the same issue air being a lot more expensive this year. I actually think for the 4 of us we did good for non stops for 4 at 1076.. Those same flight now are 1518.:scared1:. Glad I booked when they first came out.

Hey Wells! Waterboro here...Cost us $1197 mht-mco r/t nonstop. Going in July. YOu flying outta Logan? Portland?

Please only post if you want to. I just compared my 2011 vacation and we are paying more of course. But our biggest increase was airfare.

So list your dates, resort, Dining Plan, Tickets and air. Feel free to add anthing else.

Ours is for 2 adults and 2 disney kids
Date
8/24 to 9/3
11 Days at POP Century Standard room
7 Day MYW with WP&F option
Free QSDP total with the first night being a room only 2449.00

Airfare direct flights out of Manchester 1076.00

Total 3525.00

This don't inclued all our misc things like Pirates League and a couple of TS meals.

Last year we were under 3000.00.[/QUO

Kelly,
That picture of your girls is SO cute.

We are going twice 2 adults, 1 child over 3

March trip
6 nights
GF upgrade from POR
DDP (free dining)
tickets
airfare
total = $3000

June Trip
7 nights
renting DVC points
SSR and VWL
tickets
driving
DDP (4 nights)
total = $2500

6 nights at AoA
5 day park hoppers
Free QS dining upgraded to Dining
$2234 I think

4 ppl (2 kids)

Gas may be $250 or so (who knows what prices will be, currently we are at $3.40)

So that's about $2500. Adding in BBB and pirate league plus meals traveling, and clearance souvenirs I am stocking and ones we will buy I bet it will be $3k minimum.

Our first trip so I can't say if it's expensive!

Lemurone,
How did you get free dining at AOA?
Are you staying in a suite, or Little Mermaid room?
When did you book, if you don't mind sharing?
I tried for AOA, but couldn't get it with free dining.

Poly CL Lagoon View Oct. 10-18 :laughing:
2x 8 day non-exp tickets (not hopper & will use 4 days later) :thumbsup2
2x Dx Dining :sick:
---------
$9,391.76 :scared1:

6 MNSSHP tickets + $400. :hmghost:
We haven't decided to fly or drive yet. I want to fly, DW wants to drive but est $600-$800 :hug:

TBD - ECV rental, costumes, tips, souvenirs... :coffee:

Last minute trip-4 adults

4 nights Pop june 3-6 (40% off room cast member discount)-$500
Parks-$300 for one 3 day hopper cast member discount, other tickets free with cast member passes (4 days, hopper)
car rental (husband works at rental agency)-$150/week
gas-? $400 down and back
Food-no idea, get 20% cast member discount when son is with us

In four days......
My family of five will be at
AKL Kidani two bedroom savanna view 7 nights = "free" (DVC members)
airfare from CA direct flight on Virgin America= 2500.00 paid only $500 due to credit card points
food= thinking around $2000.00
tickets park hoppers five days $1200.00
souvenirs ???
and then we are going to spend two days at Universal studios and stay on site there.........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter