How many kids would you have or want to have if you had an unlimited amount of money?

I initially thought two or three was a good number. DH thought one or two and after one he said he could be happy with just one. I really wanted her to have a sibling so we agreed on two. Once the second one came along I was done and happy with our little family of four. And then life had other plans and we had our “surprise”. When I first found out I was pregnant I had a hard time with it. Even though our second child was only 2, I had gotten rid of the infant things and was moving past the baby stage. By the time she arrived though, she was very much wanted and I do feel like she completes our family. She is 15 now and come fall she’ll be the only one at home as both sisters will be away at college. I feel very blessed.

Unlimited money? I'd have zero so I could travel all the time.
I love my 4, and pull them out of school often to travel. But I'm constantly seeing great deals and thinking "darn the kids really can't miss any more school, I can't go!"
I mean I wouldn't give my kids away for unlimited money. And if I suddenly came into umlimited money now I'd probably end up with SO many kids because it would sure make it easier to say yes to more foster children. But if I had it before I started having kids...

I always thought 4 would be a good number.

We struggled mightily for many years with infertility and loss.

We ended up with 2 living children nearly 10 years apart. My youngest wants a little sibling and I'd be happy to oblige if I wasn't already 50 years old! (If you choose to add a baby to your family at age 50 or beyond, more power to you! I just don't want to be almost 70 when they graduate high school. And my husband would be well into his 80s at that point.)

I noticed for many responding on this thread, money hasn't been the limiting factor in our decision about how many children to have.

We have three which worked out to be a great number for us. If we had the money for a larger house, I would have added a fourth, but I'm content and don't feel that there is anyone "missing" from our family. Now that the older two are married, I have five. :)

Two. One boy, one girl. Nothing left to have after that, and that is what we have🙂. DH did not want three as he has two sisters and said it was always two against one and he hated that. Neither of us wanted four.

We have three. If money was no object, we might have had four but it would have depended on when that money showed up - by the time we started trying for #3, getting/staying pregnant had become difficult and at that point I wouldn't have tried again for anything. But we might have had more bonus kids, either unofficially like the two who did spend their teen years living with us or officially as foster parents, if money had truly been no object and we weren't limited by the size of this particular home. I've rather enjoyed the experience of becoming "mom" to older kids who needed guidance and support, because I've never much liked babies and toddlers but really enjoy my tweens and teens.

When I was a little girl I would always play house and pretend to have13 children. I even had names for these kids. My younger brothers and sisters would "fill" in to be some of these kids. We played for hours! :teeth:

As I got older and moved into adulthood......I'm glad with the three (sons) I have and would not have wanted to add to the mix. :love:

We have 5 and I wouldn't change that for the world.

But we plan on many more kids in our household. After our youngest is grown, DH and I plan on applying to be foster parents. We have a lot of love to give and there are a lot of kids who need loving homes while their home situation (hopefully!) improves. So we wouldn't be fostering with the hopes of adopting but reunification.

It may not happen but we hope it does.

Money was not the issue. I was one of 6 kids and knew I did not want that many. We have 3, the third one was a challenge and sometimes DH and I would look at each other with the thought 'why did we have a third?' But now she is 27 and although still challenging, she is a delight. I would not have wanted more. Seems common, all my siblings and nieces/nephews have 2 or 3.

Now I have a grandchild and that is wonderful!

...But we might have had more bonus kids, either unofficially like the two who did spend their teen years living with us or officially as foster parents, if money had truly been no object and we weren't limited by the size of this particular home. I've rather enjoyed the experience of becoming "mom" to older kids who needed guidance and support, because I've never much liked babies and toddlers but really enjoy my tweens and teens.

Bless you for being good with that age!! I'm great with the 3 to 9-ish age group, but I have no skills relating to older kids/young adults.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter