How have the passenger numbers been lately?

Just off the Fantasy 4 night 10/2… I was told approximately 1500… I was on a B2B in Aug and I agree with an above post for the 8/20 and 8/23 sailing on the Dream right around 1100… this one felt so much busier, but it was great to see people drinking and the crew starting to make some $$$ again… I tried to do my part lol

Possibly both? The sailing before it had about 1100. It's a 3 night mid week cruise that only stops in Ensenada so not super desirable itinerary.
If they had 1100 on previous cruise then 400 would be totally due to demand vs. capacity. Makes sense based on what you're saying about the itinerary.

I wonder what the capacity limits will be for the holidays where demand will definitely be higher? I have not heard of anyone being asked to cancel their reservation because ship exceeded the limit.

Wow. Does this reflect low demand or mandated capacity limits by DCL?

I think this cruise is an anomaly…they just added it a few weeks ago when they cancelled the scheduled 7 night and created a 4 night and 3 night. Since it is midweek and also a time when kids are in school, it’s not surprising that it isn’t very full. That said 400 still seems crazy low!

It will be interesting to see numbers for this weekend’s 3 night (if we can get them).

I think this cruise is an anomaly…they just added it a few weeks ago when they cancelled the scheduled 7 night and created a 4 night and 3 night. Since it is midweek and also a time when kids are in school, it’s not surprising that it isn’t very full. That said 400 still seems crazy low!

It will be interesting to see numbers for this weekend’s 3 night (if we can get them).
We’re on the Wonder this weekend and will be happy to report back on the passenger numbers.

Just got off the Wonder. There were 1118 passengers. We were told that is their full capacity for Covid.

I will say that the ship felt very empty at these numbers. Never a line for anything anywhere. We never saw the Goofy pool with more than 10 people in it. No more than a couple kids in line at the slide. We had second dining and at least half of the tables were empty. The Walt Disney theater for Frozen had every other row empty and then only 2-3 groups on each row.

The Edge did reach “full capacity” a couple of times, which was 17 people.

We had a great time and it was extra relaxing because we never worried about getting anywhere early!

I'm on the Halloween cruise that leaves the 29th on the Dream. I am sure that is as busy a cruise as they will have til Thanksgiving. Wonder what the number will be there. I'm guessing 2000.

I was on both the 4N and 3N. It was crazy how empty the ship was on the 3N. Half of the 3N cruise were B2B from the 4N. I know this because I saw them all while we were getting tested between trips. 🤣 It was very much an anomaly as you suggest, and for all the reasons you point out. Dinner seatings were merged to one at 7:00, with all 3 locations open.

One thing Disney did do was to increase the attendance at the tastings. On the 4N they limited it to 20 passengers per tasting. On the 3N they opened it up to about 30.

We were on the 10/2 Fantasy and our servers told us there were 1004 people onboard.
We had Satellite Falls to ourselves on multiple occasions. Serenity Bay was peaceful with minimal people. The trip was a dream.
Reminder: with the reduced capacity, servers and stateroom hosts also have reduced income. Please be generous when tipping.

I was on the 10/4 Dream sailing. I heard 1300 passengers with only 300 kids. My two kids and I had an amazing time. I loved the small crowd.
We were on the 10/4 Dream, too and were also told 1300 total guests on our sailing but the 10/8 3N they were expecting almost 2000! I'm interested to hear if that was the case. Could be if there were some FL res rates available especially with a holiday weekend. And I suppose some could be the end of land/sea combos from the 50th Anniversary.

We were on the 10/2 Fantasy and our servers told us there were 1004 people onboard.
We had Satellite Falls to ourselves on multiple occasions. Serenity Bay was peaceful with minimal people. The trip was a dream.
Reminder: with the reduced capacity, servers and stateroom hosts also have reduced income. Please be generous when tipping.

We thought of this too on our cruise. We sailed a 3-nt on the Dream and added $20 for each person that gets gratuities. So instead of $27/27/21/6 we gave $47/47/41/26. Looking back, we probably should have just doubled each person's tips. That was a disproportionate increase for the head server but whatever. Everyone could use an extra $20.

2000 is still only half capacity, right? I have only been on cruises in the summer and one right after Easter, so half capacity would still seem like a dream to me! Going on the 3 night Very Merrytime starting 11/5.

2000 is still only half capacity, right? I have only been on cruises in the summer and one right after Easter, so half capacity would still seem like a dream to me! Going on the 3 night Very Merrytime starting 11/5.
Only on the Dream and Fantasy which have capacity of 4000. The Magic and Wonder hold 2400 IIRC.

1400 on 10/2 4 night Fantasy sailing.

I want to book the 11/1 sailing but am worried that capacities are going up. I heard the 10/8 Dream sailing had more than 2,000 passengers.

1400 on 10/2 4 night Fantasy sailing.

I want to book the 11/1 sailing but am worried that capacities are going up. I heard the 10/8 Dream sailing had more than 2,000 passengers.
That’s the highest I’ve heard yet but it’s also over Columbus Day weekend and some schools have a fall break at that time.
If you want lower numbers, choose one that doesn’t have high prices. The cheaper cruises are trying to fill cabins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter