How have the passenger numbers been lately?

That’s the highest I’ve heard yet but it’s also over Columbus Day weekend and some schools have a fall break at that time.
If you want lower numbers, choose one that doesn’t have high prices. The cheaper cruises are trying to fill cabins.
Was on the 10/8 Dream and several crew did tell us 2,000+. Still felt a lot less crowded than pre-pandemic cruises. They did hit “at capacity” several times in The District venues so the days of rolling in right as a bingo or trivia event is starting are gone for now. But with a little planning ahead it was fine for us.

10/8 Dream weekend was booked at 2,000, but about 1900 sailed due to to cancellations. In total, 30% kids, 70% adults. Shipboard member said that they could technically sail up to 70% capacity and still comply with CDC guidelines, but for now, capacity was being driven by demand. I will say that at 1900 passengers, the cruise was right on the limits of what we felt would be a tolerably safe voyage. There were lines for most venues (aqua duck average was 20 min, ice cream 5min, etc...), but everything was well organized and the crew did a great job. Passengers, on the other hand, tended to get caught up in the excitement to notice the floor markers from time to time. All in all, however, most guests were incredibly conscientious, even wearing masks outdoors when just walking about.

Just off the 10/15-10/18 Dream. I didn't ask a crew member personally but I overheard it was about 2200 give or take. I agree that this was just at the edge of comfortable for me personally. Many venues filled up. I couldn't enter BatB the first night due to capacity and I couldn't enter D-Lounge for a game show or two due to reaching capacity. There were lines for sit down breakfast, family pool and a lot of crowding for debark.

Just off the 10/15-10/18 Dream. I didn't ask a crew member personally but I overheard it was about 2200 give or take. I agree that this was just at the edge of comfortable for me personally. Many venues filled up. I couldn't enter BatB the first night due to capacity and I couldn't enter D-Lounge for a game show or two due to reaching capacity. There were lines for sit down breakfast, family pool and a lot of crowding for debark.

Wow. That is a lot. Hopefully, once the Magic & Wonder start sailing people will have more ships to choose from and numbers will drop. Wishful thinking, of course.

we have a sailing booked for 11/1 and I’m very worried about going now. Thanks for your experience. Disney cannot promise a magical or safe experience if they are going to book as many people as they can and just expect people to wait for everything or miss all the main entertainment options,

Anyone on the current 10/18 weekday sailing reading? Would love to know how the 4 night weekday cruises are comparing to the 3 night weekend cruises.

Did the Wonder 10-1 and 10-5 Baja sailings B2B out of San Diego. We had around 1000 pax on the 10-1 4-night cruise and only around 400+/- on the 10-5 3-night. (The crew were joking about it being the world's largest luxury yacht!) We felt safer on the cruises than we do in the local grocery store because of the health protocols and testing in place. So excited to be sailing again!

we have a sailing booked for 11/1 and I’m very worried about going now. Thanks for your experience. Disney cannot promise a magical or safe experience if they are going to book as many people as they can and just expect people to wait for everything or miss all the main entertainment options,
How was your cruise? Was it crowded?

Someone in my Facebook group reported that our 10/28 Magic cruise had about 1,450 passengers. It was a 3-night, weekend cruise.

Last edited:
How was your cruise? Was it crowded?

we sailed 11/1 with about 1350 passengers on the Dream. Definitely not crowded but somehow seemed more crowded than the Fantasy did in October with 1400. I don’t think the Dream is as well managed at the fantasy and most venues other than the main theater routinely reached capacity. I think they should have re-evaluated where they held the majority of the non-main theater events. For example, had A great musician playing daily in the district lounge which is the smallest venue on board and can only
Accommodate about 8 tables with socjal
Distancing. Tried to see him 3 times and could never enjoy his music. Why they didn’t move him to one of the other 5 or venues with more capacity was very confusing to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter