How does the Shareholder thing work?

Just curious -

Anyone know what the letter in front of your card number symbolises?

I have an "A"

Just curious -

Anyone know what the letter in front of your card number symbolises?

I have an "A"

I'm sure it's just a reference to the type of shareholder account you have. They also begin with I or C. I used to work for the HBOS shareholder services but it was a long time ago and my memories not the best since having kids!

Hi everyone,

I've finally bought my shares! :)

What's the next step?

I've filled in the membership form online, printed a copy off and signed it.

I've also received a letter from Halifax confirming I own the shares.

Can I email these to Disney? If so, do I need to include anything else and do I also have to have to send the hard copies in the post?

Oh, and what's the correct email address?

:goodvibes

Hi everyone,

I've finally bought my shares! :)

What's the next step?

I've filled in the membership form online, printed a copy off and signed it.

I've also received a letter from Halifax confirming I own the shares.

Can I email these to Disney? If so, do I need to include anything else and do I also have to have to send the hard copies in the post?

Oh, and what's the correct email address?

:goodvibes

We sent a signed copy of the membership form and the Halifax letter to DLP Shareholders and I had my membership confirmed within the week!:goodvibes

We sent a signed copy of the membership form and the Halifax letter to DLP Shareholders and I had my membership confirmed within the week!:goodvibes

Did you email it or send it by snail mail?

I'm wondering if I can email it as that'd be quicker.

Snail mail I'm afraid, DLP seem hot on having it sent that way. The only way to do it faster is to fax them, but not sure that's even an option anymore (you'll still have to make do with the cover letter regardless). It takes them a while to process the card and get it on it's way to you anyway. Long as you have about 6-8 weeks spare before any planned trips you should be fine.

Do you mean the shareholders card? I have an A too and wonder if it's for Angleterre? :confused3
Yes. I wondered if it's one for 20 shares or more (I have 20 and an 'A') one for under 20 and then maybe a VIP/corporate one or something?

Angleterre could be a point though. Is one F?

Like Jennytablina said - we sent ours by snail mail. As when my original documentation got rejected (letter confirming your shares had to be either on headed paper or at least a stamp from Halifax; not a print off from Halifax's website of our share ownership) we were told we could either fax or post - e mailing wasn't an option. We tried the fax number to the shareholders club but we couldn't get it to work; and I've since read that other people had problems with the fax number??

Hmmm not sure about the letters, I have an A, maybe there's levels of shareholder status and we're all 'A'verage basic shareholders with just about enough shares each :rotfl:

Just updating anyways that I got my confirmation email for my renewal, took about a week to get the email. I sent an online statement from my sharedealing account which I took into my local Halifax to be stamped, so new card on it's way :cool1:

Yes. I wondered if it's one for 20 shares or more (I have 20 and an 'A') one for under 20 and then maybe a VIP/corporate one or something?

Angleterre could be a point though. Is one F?

This isn't the case as I have always had an 'A' & didn't have 20 shares until this year, had 10 up until then. I think it is down to the type of shares you own i.e. you hold them yourself, a company holds them for you etc. The other 2 letters are I & R

Snail mail I'm afraid, DLP seem hot on having it sent that way. The only way to do it faster is to fax them, but not sure that's even an option anymore (you'll still have to make do with the cover letter regardless). It takes them a while to process the card and get it on it's way to you anyway. Long as you have about 6-8 weeks spare before any planned trips you should be fine.

Thanks for that, I guess snail mail it is!

We've actually just got back a couple of weeks ago - I had hoped to get my shares before we went but it took a while to get my log-in details from Halifax.

Oh well, on the bright side, I've saved money on the share price and it'll be another excuse to go back 'home' and make use of my AP :lmao:

Like Jennytablina said - we sent ours by snail mail. As when my original documentation got rejected (letter confirming your shares had to be either on headed paper or at least a stamp from Halifax; not a print off from Halifax's website of our share ownership) we were told we could either fax or post - e mailing wasn't an option. We tried the fax number to the shareholders club but we couldn't get it to work; and I've since read that other people had problems with the fax number??

Thanks Aliscrapper, I think I'd better find some stamps! :)

Hello,
I sent my online form and shares confirmation by Fidelity by email and then followed up with hard copy via mail as you have said to do.

But still I have never heard a thing from them. I am moving to EU in 2 weeks and now am concerned that my card might be sent to the States.

What can I do to get this card now sent to the EU addy? How do I contact them to change our addy.

Hello,
I sent my online form and shares confirmation by Fidelity by email and then followed up with hard copy via mail as you have said to do.

But still I have never heard a thing from them. I am moving to EU in 2 weeks and now am concerned that my card might be sent to the States.

What can I do to get this card now sent to the EU addy? How do I contact them to change our addy.

just phone them :) - they can check if they've received your application and what stage its at, and they can also advise you how to let them know about your change of address.

Hello all :)

I have been reading through the thread a bit at a time so sorry if this has been answered before, BUT...

Has anyone had any luck when they have spoken to Halifax on the webchat in terms of them actually registering for the shareholder club on your behalf?

I read someone's post saying that from the conversation it implied Halifax were going to do everything for them, which is the same message I just got, but ultimately they just received a copy of the contract note by post!

I've already closed the window but she said 'I can register the perks for you', I asked how long and she said expect it in 2-3 weeks.

Has anyone been told they would register on their behalf and actually automatically get their membership sent to them? Or am I just going to be at square one again. :confused3

We don't go until September so we do have time, I'm just impatient!

Also in case anyone is interested and it hasn't already been mentioned, Halifax are doing a one day sale on international share transactions, £4.95 all day today

sorry DDD, I'm very confused by your post - do you have an online sharedealing account set up with the Halifax in your name? This is easy to do and it the easiest way to sort out your shares and join the shareholders club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter