How does the Shareholder thing work?

Very impressed. Once we got the right fax number we sent it Thursday morning and my membership letter came today that will cover me for 3 months until the card comes through:cool1:

The Buffalo Bill show has a special price for shareholders so off to see how much this saves.

:banana:

Hi all,

Aside from the resort discounts can you get discount off when booking. IE: hotels etc.

Having read through this thread a couple of times recently I am still confused about how to do my renewal :rolleyes1
Please can somebody tell me, can you print off the confirmation of share ownership from the Halifax site and send that to DLP along with the renewal form or do you have to get it forwarded to DLP by the Halifax?
It seems that some members here have had success scanning in and e mailing and others have not.
Anyone who has please help :flower3:!!

Pluto-fan, I set up an account through eTrade online and bought mine. Its easy! We just filled out our paperwork for the shareholder's club and have been approved. We should have our card before we leave in June. Good luck!

so if i buy shares i will get further discount other than my annual pass?? also what does CM stand for? (sorry if i sound thick). also what/where is salon mickey ??

many thanks x

so if i buy shares i will get further discount other than my annual pass??
yes, shareholders discount is 15% on all your table and buffet service restaurant bills, plus 15% on your souvenir shopping at DLP, and 10% discount in Disney Stores in the UK and Europe. If you buy a new annual pass, you get 15% off the cost of that annual pass too. If you already have an annual pass, you choose which discount suits you best and use that ie use your annual pass for 10% off at counter service restaurants, use a Dream Annual Pass for 20% discount on souvenir shopping at DLP (because thats higher than the shareholders 15% discount) but use shareholders discount at table service restaurants because thats higher than annual pass discount etc etc

also what does CM stand for? (sorry if i sound thick).
CM is a Cast Member ie member of staff at DLP :).

also what/where is salon mickey ??

Salon Mickey is an exclusive lounge at the right of the entrance to the main park at DLP. From 9am to noon each day it is open, free of charge, to shareholders and up to 3 or 4 of their guests, for hot/cold drinks and pastries.

many thanks x

hope this helps :)

Can someone advise me on what I have to do to renew my shareholders card. I have 20 shares with Halifax and have printed the renewal form but it's not clear what I need to provide as proof that I'm a shareholder. It says that electronic prints of online statements are not accepted but I'm not clear what is?

Can someone advise me on what I have to do to renew my shareholders card. I have 20 shares with Halifax and have printed the renewal form but it's not clear what I need to provide as proof that I'm a shareholder. It says that electronic prints of online statements are not accepted but I'm not clear what is?

with the Halifax online sharedealing account, you print off your contract note from your online account, and send it with your renewal form to the shareholders club.

I sent the printed out statements from the halifax to get my card and there was no problem at all - so this should be fine.

I messed the whole share thing up ... my dad bought me shares years ago (probably 1996 ish!) and I was a member of the shareholders club, but due to consolidation (or whatever they called it) I now only have 2 shares (our initial investment was over £100!) ... so I'd like to buy a few more before we go in June as it will make passes etc cheaper.

How do I go about it??

Hi everyone,

I've read the info about buying shares and joining the shareholders club but I can't quite get my head around how to do!

Can anyone answer a few questions?

1 - How do we actually buy the shares?

2 - Once we've bought the shares, how do we join the shareholders club?

3 - How long does it take to get the temporary confirmation of membership? (We've not booked yet but are considering going on 11th April)

4 - How would we buy annual passes to get the shareholders discount?

I think that's the lot but I may very well think of another question later! ;)

Many thanks in advance for any help :goodvibes

Hi everyone,

I've read the info about buying shares and joining the shareholders club but I can't quite get my head around how to do!

Can anyone answer a few questions?

1 - How do we actually buy the shares?

2 - Once we've bought the shares, how do we join the shareholders club?

3 - How long does it take to get the temporary confirmation of membership? (We've not booked yet but are considering going on 11th April)

4 - How would we buy annual passes to get the shareholders discount?

I think that's the lot but I may very well think of another question later! ;)

Many thanks in advance for any help :goodvibes

right then.....i have just become a share holder this week and this is how i did it. it sounds very complicated but its actually quite easy, as long as you take your time.
what i did was, firstly open up a share dealing account with the Halifax
http://www.halifax.co.uk/sharedeali...ealing/hlinkj/shared-shared00-lnkj-shared0000

after you have registered, then you must add funds to this account so you can buy your shares. i put £100 in and spent around £80 of it buying shares in disney.

once you bought your shares, then go the dlp website and apply to be a shareholder by filling in the form.

http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/shareholders/shareholders-club/index.xhtml#contentj

you will then need to prove your a shareholder by either faxing or posting confirmation of your shares to disney and then they will contact you to approve your shares and then you just sit back and wait for your card to arrive.

easy peezey!

Our US broker is Fidelity and wondered if we can purchase shares through them?

Also, we are moving to EU in 48 days, should we just wait and open with Halifax once we arrive? Will they be running a fee free offer any time soon? Can you open a Halifax with Euro?

TIA

right then.....i have just become a share holder this week and this is how i did it. it sounds very complicated but its actually quite easy, as long as you take your time.
what i did was, firstly open up a share dealing account with the Halifax
http://www.halifax.co.uk/sharedeali...ealing/hlinkj/shared-shared00-lnkj-shared0000

after you have registered, then you must add funds to this account so you can buy your shares. i put £100 in and spent around £80 of it buying shares in disney.

once you bought your shares, then go the dlp website and apply to be a shareholder by filling in the form.

http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/shareholders/shareholders-club/index.xhtml#contentj

you will then need to prove your a shareholder by either faxing or posting confirmation of your shares to disney and then they will contact you to approve your shares and then you just sit back and wait for your card to arrive.

easy peezey!

Ooh, thanks so much, that makes it more understandable!

Have you got confirmation yet?

Pluto-fan, I set up an account through eTrade online and bought mine. Its easy! We just filled out our paperwork for the shareholder's club and have been approved. We should have our card before we leave in June. Good luck!

E-Trade is a safe way to go if you don't have anything else set up and it's easy.

-KD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter