• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you plan?

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
There are LOTS of things to consider when we plan our WDW trips! I am really curious about how others plan their trips.

Which of these factors rates most important. Prioritize MOST to LEAST important.

Here's the list!

1. Weather
2. Crowds
3. Age of your kid(s)
4. Your personal vacation time options (you can only take vacation at certain times of year)
5. Value / Regular / Peak / Holiday rates. Meaning codes and prices of resorts/area hotels.
6. Ticket prices
7. Time of year that you prefer

WHAT ELSE?

Thanks! Sandra

Sandra,

We just got back from CBR last week and I have to say that I prefer November! The middle of November is perfect- weather and crowd-wise and it is value season- the only way I will be able to afford deluxe (that combined with a FL Resident discount ). The weather can be cold or warm- so you have to pack for both, but I don't mind. The down side is that right now DH doesn't get paid vacations, so we are limited to going a few days at a time. I don't mind, though. We went in Nov, Jan, and May.

Next trip- Nov- Poly.
1. choose dates
2. I will book as soon as AP rates come out - and (probably not sooner, since it's not a super busy time) and wait to see if FL Res is better. It usually is.

3.Then make PS's (if I haven't made them already).

4.Then we work on our itinerary and tour plans

5.make packing and shopping lists

6. double check room ressies, requests, PS's at 30 days out and 1 week before.

7. fax room requests five days before.

8. a couple of days before- laundry, cleaning, packing, shopping.

9. night before- go to bed at regular time and wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to go back to sleep!!!!!!

My priorities:

1. Personal vacation time options - (I teach and have to go during those busy times :( )
2. Value / Regular / Peak / Holiday rates - I try to save as much as possible within the time range I have
3. Preferred times/Weather/Crowds - I prefer to go during the less busy parts of my available times. Those also tend to be when the weather is less extreme. Ex: very end of August, Columbus Day, etc.

My children are 8 and 4, but both are easygoing and adventurous, so their age isn't really a factor. We're all on vacation at the same time, as well. Everything really does hinge on #1.

Lori

I think next trip I'll have to factor the SCHOOL issue. We took dd out of school this year and last year for WDW trips and it worked very well. But as she gets older I will revisit the SCHOOL thing! S

1. Weather - we've taken a couple of trips in the summer and my dh finds it unbearable. He hates it when it is too hot. The last couple of times we've opted to go in Dec.

2. Value / Regular / Peak / Holiday rates. Meaning codes and prices of resorts/area hotels.

3. Time of year that you prefer - we really enjoy the holiday decorations in dec.

4. Crowds

5. Ticket prices

6. Your personal vacation time options (you can only take vacation at certain times of year)

7. Age of your kid(s)

1. CROWDS!!! DH doesn't like then, kids get nervous in them, we avoid them.

2. Weather. Also, not a HOT weather family!

3. We're fortunate vacation time is flexible for us.

4. Not really a factor, value/cost. We like that Nov. is off season and we can go for a good long time because it's cheaper, but lets face it... it's disney Nothing is ever really cheap!

Sadly that's why we only go every other year! I too would live in WDW if they would let me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter