How close to the Kidani pool will I be in a standard/pool room?

moopdog

Dreaming of Disney....
I got an official letter in the mail on Saturday informing me that the Uzima pool slide will be closed during our upcoming trip to AKL. The letter mentioned that we would be allowed to use the Kidani pool and slide during our stay and that bus transportation would be provided, etc.

I've never stayed at AKL before, so I am not sure exactly how close or far I could end up being to the open pool slide. We have a standard/pool view room booked. If I was to call and ask to be located on that side of AKL, is that a possibility or is that area only reserved for DVC? And....would Disney do upgrades/moves based on the fact that their pool slide is down for refurb if I call and ask?? Not trying to get something for nothing, but my kids are big pool-slide lovers and will be dissapointed to not have it open during our week.

TIA.

I got an official letter in the mail on Saturday informing me that the Uzima pool slide will be closed during our upcoming trip to AKL. The letter mentioned that we would be allowed to use the Kidani pool and slide during our stay and that bus transportation would be provided, etc.

I've never stayed at AKL before, so I am not sure exactly how close or far I could end up being to the open pool slide. We have a standard/pool view room booked. If I was to call and ask to be located on that side of AKL, is that a possibility or is that area only reserved for DVC? And....would Disney do upgrades/moves based on the fact that their pool slide is down for refurb if I call and ask?? Not trying to get something for nothing, but my kids are big pool-slide lovers and will be dissapointed to not have it open during our week.

TIA.

If you are staying at Jambo House, you will be about 0.5 miles from Kidani Village. They do run a shuttle between the two buildings.

As for free upgrades, everyone would ask for that. I don't think slides are guaranteed with your stay at your resort. Any guest at JH can use the pool at Kidani Village.

Thank you. Well - if there's a shuttle and it's not too far, I'm sure we'll be fine. Who knows it might not even be warm enough for swimming (fingers crossed that it is though).

When I read the letter, it almost seemed to me that the slide was only going to be closed Jan 14? The wording was just a little weird and I couldn't tell if it was going to be closed starting the 14th for an extended period, or just the day of the 14th. At any rate, yes, they do run shuttles or it is a 10 minute walk at most. The pool at Kidani is very nice and there is a great splash area for smaller kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!