How are the steaks at Rose & Crown and Sci Fi?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
We've never been to R&C, so I'm considering it for August. The only thing on the menu that appeals to me on the dinner menu is the steak. I'm thinking the Grilled Tenderloin and Fried Fish. How is it? Sci Fi is DD10's must-do, so we tolerate it ;). I usually go for the shrimp pasta (not a big burger or sandwich fan), but I see there's a steak on the menu...anybody have it recently? Gotta get a good steak where I can this year...since the only 2 credit place we're doing is Hoop Dee Doo :rolleyes1

We've never been to R&C, so I'm considering it for August. The only thing on the menu that appeals to me on the dinner menu is the steak. I'm thinking the Grilled Tenderloin and Fried Fish. How is it? Sci Fi is DD10's must-do, so we tolerate it ;). I usually go for the shrimp pasta (not a big burger or sandwich fan), but I see there's a steak on the menu...anybody have it recently? Gotta get a good steak where I can this year...since the only 2 credit place we're doing is Hoop Dee Doo :rolleyes1

My DD11's favorite DHS restaurant is Sci-Fi, so we go there each trip (except for last trip I convinced her to try 50's Prime Time Cafe, and she loved it!). I've only ever had the burgers, so I can't comment on the steak.

DD15 and I dined at Rose and Crown for the Candlelight Processional Package. We booked it late and there weren't many options left available for the package, so we went with it. We've eaten at R&C a few times quite a few years ago when the menu was different. I really wanted to try the steak and fried fish combo. Researched reviews of it and was skeptical at first, several people commented on the steak not being top notch and it not being cooked the way they wanted it.
I figured I would try it anyway. It was my favorite meal of the trip!
The steak is no Ruth Chris' steak at all. :goodvibes
But mine WAS cooked the way I asked for it, was pretty tender and flavorful.
I'm not a huge fish person, but like a little of the fried fish from Yorkshire when DH or DS gets it. It was soo delicous as were the vegetables and yorkshire pudding and gravy as well. I think I just hit it right, everything was perfectly seasoned, hot and fresh.
With the package, we had an appetizer, entree and dessert, and I thought there was no way I would ever be able to eat all of it, but it was so good, I found a way. ;)
I can post a photo later if I can find that memory card.
Just my experience, which was a pleasant surprise!

I've had the steak/fish combo at Rose and Crown twice and both times it was really good. Not the best steak I have ever had, but still very good.

When I think of the UK and food, steak just never enters my mind. But I'm sure they are more than capable of a good steak. I've had the fish and chips there and its outstanding! In fact, if Im not eating at R&C, then fish and chips from the counter stand is a must do.

Try a side of Bubble and Squeak, and a Scotch Egg appetizer, they are both great.

I've always heard if you're going to the Sci-Fi- go for experience and ambiance, and be safe and get a burger and a milkshake. It's not known for it's food but I think if you just order a simple burger the food is just fine- that's what I hear over and over and intend to do myself when I go at the end of the month. I wouldn't go to a place personally not known for it's food but rather it's 'ambiance' and order something like steak- because I think it's a bit of a set up to be disappointed :(

The idea of ordering a steak at Sci Fi Dine-In is frightening to me. I ate there once and will never return. I stuck with the food I thought would be safe - a burger and onion rings - and it was inedible. So, I can just imagine what the steak would be like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter