Hoover Dam

Tonyspad

Disney or Bust for us!
We are taking the kids to LV for two nights before heading to DL. We will be staying at Mandalay Bay and want to go and see the Hoover Dam. Any suggestions??

It's pretty cool. The whole trip takes more to drive than will be spent at the dam.

Do a tour. I don't know if there are age limits but the hardhat tour is really cool. It's more extensive but I found it to be much better. It gets you into more interesting areas than the basic tour does.

It also fun to walk on top of the dam and take some pictures.

Rent a car and get to the Dam for the first tour about 9am. Take the full tour with the tunnels, it's pretty cool. Then after your done you can drive over to Red Rock national park and do the 13 mile loop drive, also very pretty.

I found renting a car for the day from who ever has a car rental counter at the hotel is the same price as paying for 2 tickets on a bus tour. Make sure to rent car online before you leave home for the best price. Just call hotel and see who has a counter there.

When we went to Hoover Dam last year, the Hoover Dam bypass bridge was still under construction. It is now open. Website. Photo

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter