Hilton Head lovers....

Re GOLF-DH has golfed at 5 courses on the Island (so far, he reminds me). His favorite was the Robert Trent Jones course across the street. He's also heard that there's a good course in Hilton Head Plantation, but he hasn't played it-yet.

Simba's Mom said:
Re GOLF-DH has golfed at 5 courses on the Island (so far, he reminds me).

Simba's Mom - Does your DH usually play golf with others he knows or does he just make a t-time and the golf course matches him up with others? Has he ever tried getting up with anyone else at the resort to play some golf. I'd love to play next time at HH, but I know it will just be me and I'm a little hesitant to just make a t-time and go out and they have me playing with someone that plays like Tiger. I love to play golf, but on a good day I'm bogie at best (I can hit a pretty good drive though).

We will be making our first trip to HHI this July and this thread is AWESOME! Does anyone know if you can rent bikes for the whole week and what the approximate cost is? Thanks, julie

threeprincesses said:
We will be making our first trip to HHI this July and this thread is AWESOME! Does anyone know if you can rent bikes for the whole week and what the approximate cost is? Thanks, julie

IIRC, it's $50 for length of stay for 2 bikes. Each additional bike is $10 per bike.

We've always rented directly through the resort. Others have used other bike rental companies which will deliver/pick up the bikes at the resort.

Well, we are now 10 days away from our HHI trip - we'll be there the week after Easter (which is our Spring Vacation). Do I need to book anything in advance - dolphin tour, fishing, restaurants, etc? Can I get Disney to fax me an activity sheet in advance?

Thanks - Mary

Hi Mary. That is when we will be there as well. I know when we went last spring,the resort mailed us a copy of the activity list. Got here really quick. I am planning on calling to see if I can get one again or have one faxed as well. I'm like you though; not sure if they will fax them or not.

Have you been to HHI before??

When we went the last time, we really enjoyed the crabbing and fishing off of the pier, bike riding, the magic show and campfire. And so far with the weather, it looks like we may have some really pretty days where the kids could swim. We had fun at the beach pool playing volleyball and of course, a blast at the resort pool with the slide.

We are probably going to do the Shrimp Boil this time. And maybe the dolphin tour or fishing with Captain Scott.

But, I'm like you, I would like to have a little better idea of exactly what will be going on.

Can't wait to go!!!!!

We were at Hilton Head about 13 years ago - it was our honeymoon and we stayed at the Westin, which we loved. We really enjoyed Hilton Head, and I'm planning to sign up for Scott's dolphin tour, too. My DH and DSs (8 and 10) all enjoy fishing, too. My kids LOVE seafood, so I think we'll get our money's worth at the Shrimp Boil, too.

We'll probably run into you there -

Mary

Reesecup - Called HHI Guest Services. Jeff told me that he would fax me current activities sheet - they don't have one for next week, but the activities should be about the same as this week... I'll let you know when it comes through... Want me to fax it to you when I get it?

Mary

Taggage for all the great info!

Hubby and I are making a quck trip down to HH May 19-21- not staying at Disney cause - well we're not members yet but we do hope to wander on thru a bit.

Basic plan is arrive Fri - wander area, maybe dolphin tour that night

Sat - beach late lunch- beach/wander

Sunday check out beach head home

Should be a relaxing time anyway :-}

Does anyone know where I can get an activity schedule for HHI before we go? Or does anyone know the schedule for certain things in general? We are going for only 2 nights (Sun May 7, Mon May 8) and I really want to be able to do the whole campfire thing with the family. Please let me know if anyone has more info, or knows where I can get it. Thanks.

You can get the schedule by calling the front desk. They will even fax it to you if you'd like. But it probably won't be ready till late the week before you go (like Thursday or Friday).

There are many activities that the resort tries to schedule for the same time and day each week, but due to cast member availability, they can't say for sure if one week will be the same as the week before or not.

Have a great time!

I see there's lots of great stuff for families. I'm planning on going with a group of adults for the first week of September.

There's lots for kid-less folks, right?

Tabetha said:
I see there's lots of great stuff for families. I'm planning on going with a group of adults for the first week of September.

There's lots for kid-less folks, right?
I dream about going to HHI without the kids... The Ocean pool house bar(why cant I think of the name) makes a wonderful frozen beverages... In town(s) there are a lot of great places to dine, drink, shop, and explore.

Oh yes.... some day I will make it there without the kids...

Lawrence Cooper said:
Does anyone know where I can get an activity schedule for HHI before we go? Or does anyone know the schedule for certain things in general? We are going for only 2 nights (Sun May 7, Mon May 8) and I really want to be able to do the whole campfire thing with the family. Please let me know if anyone has more info, or knows where I can get it. Thanks.

I called Guest Services, and they faxed one for the current week (we go next week), but he said it would be pretty much similar. HOWEVER, it is really difficult to read the fax copy. (The schedule has length of time, pricing and ages - I'm just giving a list below without the details.) Remember, too - that these are vacation weeks...

My schedule for Sun/Mon 4/9-4/10 shows the following:

SUN 4/9
9am Pinkney Island Wildlife Adventure (fee)
1pm Beautiful Butterflies
2pm Arts and Crafts Birdfeeders (fee)
3pm Resort Nature walk
4:30 Kayaking Trip (fee)
8:00 Campfire

MON 4/10
9am Scintillating Science
11am Gyotuku (fee)
11am Teen Sorcerer Secrets
12:30 Old Tunes and Tall Tales
1:00 Secrets of the Marsh
3pm Arts and Crafts - row boats (fee)
5pm Kayaking
6pm Kids Night Out
8pm? Teens Night Out

Hope this helps. I'll post a report when we return next weekend...

Mary

3 MORE DAYS TO HHI!

I can't find Doc's site with the HH pics. (I got a new computer and lost the bookmark.) Does anyone have the link? Also, any other good picture links.

WolfpackFan said:
Simba's Mom - Does your DH usually play golf with others he knows or does he just make a t-time and the golf course matches him up with others? Has he ever tried getting up with anyone else at the resort to play some golf. I'd love to play next time at HH, but I know it will just be me and I'm a little hesitant to just make a t-time and go out and they have me playing with someone that plays like Tiger. I love to play golf, but on a good day I'm bogie at best (I can hit a pretty good drive though).
DH always just makes the t-time (or has Disney do it), then shows up and plays with whoever they put him with. He doesn't usually worry about who he gets paired up with, but that's probably because he's close to scratch (Handicap about 1 or 2). But he's been on the other side of ability pairings. He always says "Hey, you're on vacation. It's about having a good time." Please don't worry! Have fun!

Great thread! :thumbsup2

Is there a June Hilton Head roll call list anywhere? Our waitlist just came thru and we are on :cloud9:

We are returning to HHI the last week of June 6/25-7/1. We loved it last year at that time. Can't wait to sit on the beach, play putt-putt, swim and look for good restaurants for dinner. Last year we would go to the beach in the early evening and it was so peaceful with families walking around and lots of kite flying. My son is 8, will be almost 9 and will be looking for some playmates...

As much as I love Disney World, Hilton Head is really my favorite place to be.

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter