Hilton Head lovers....

I don't believe they have the Mickey bars at HH, only at VB.

Oh they have the Mickey pops at HHI. My kids pointed them out right away when they saw someone at the beach house with one!!!! They themselves enjoyed them too. We got them at Signals - the beach house cs. They also have an ice cream cart at the beach house on the path to the beach. :)

This is good news. Two spring breaks ago they didn't have them. I know cause my DD is allergic to peanuts and nuts and these bars are actually safe for her to eat. Many ice creams aren't, especially scooped ice cream due to cross contamination. We were disappointed they didn't have them. I know they have them at VB cause she ate one like everyday!

Another for those of us going this summer and fall. Some information has changed but a lot is still great!!:)

Do they have the refillable mug program there too? If not, I'll pack cases of pop before we hit the road. Never been there but I'd love to have a resort specific mug since we may never get back there.

Yes, refillable mugs! They have a cute picture of Mickey and Minnie on them by the pier with the year and "Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort" inscribed on them. I use the mugs more at HHI than I do at any Disney resort.

Yes, refillable mugs! They have a cute picture of Mickey and Minnie on them by the pier with the year and "Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort" inscribed on them. I use the mugs more at HHI than I do at any Disney resort.

Ooooh, I'm so glad. I'll bring some extra colored lids so we can each have a different one. The ones in WDW only come in 3 colors so I brought a blue lid from last year and created my own combination. Gotta have 4!!! Thanks a bunch.

I see you were there last month. What drinks do they have at the refill station?

Ooooh, I'm so glad. I'll bring some extra colored lids so we can each have a different one. The ones in WDW only come in 3 colors so I brought a blue lid from last year and created my own combination. Gotta have 4!!! Thanks a bunch.

I see you were there last month. What drinks do they have at the refill station?

That's a neat idea with the lids. HHI only has two color mugs - purple and green. So you might want to get another lid! But I like that idea, we were always getting our mugs mixed up!

They have the usual coke line-up. Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Pink Lemonade, & a few other choices, but those were the only ones I used.

:goodvibes

Thanks for posting about the drink mugs. We have been to HHI several times, but have never located the refillable drink mugs.We just assumed they never had them. We are heading down this Saturday and I will have to get one for each of the kids. They love to get one from each resort. Can't wait to get there! You know this will be the longest week ever.

Thanks for posting about the drink mugs. We have been to HHI several times, but have never located the refillable drink mugs.We just assumed they never had them. We are heading down this Saturday and I will have to get one for each of the kids. They love to get one from each resort. Can't wait to get there! You know this will be the longest week ever.

We arrive on Sunday for our first time ever. I know we'll love it and I'm so excited.

We checked in to HHI today for our first visit. The rooms are quite large and a different layout than the other DVC resorts we've been to. We found 4 large pool towels in our room which was a nice surprise. Usually, you use the ones with the blue stripe by the pool but this is really nice.

There was action already today. Somebody got a major electrical shock from an outlet so the first aid team was running. Also, someone built a fire in one of the bbq's and forgot about it. It was a raging inferno and no one was there so we called the desk.

We are in building 11 which is where you check in. The pool is awesome and we got lots of sun. We'll be doing a dolphin tour tomorrow.

Anyone ever do the Star Spangled Banner BBQ?

Three summers in a row we've done the Tues. BBQ. The whole night is loads of fun!!!!! Even if you decide not to do the actual BBQ make sure you are over at the pool for the contests, games and pool slide party, so much family fun. :) Now we always do the BBQ too as it just makes it easier to have dinner right there. They had great ribs and chicken in June that we ate a bunch of. :) Enjoy your stay!!

We have done the Star Spangled Barbacue in the past - our thought was the food was OK, there were some fun games, but once was enough.

On the other hand we went to the Low Country Shrimp Boil and it was delicious. We have gone twice and plan to go during our trip in a couple weeks.
Sandie

So we did the BBQ and it was disappointing. The food was ok but for my teens, it was a waste of time and money. I can see how it would be fun for the little ones with games and activities but we could have had a couple of really great meals elsewhere for that.

Surprisingly, my teen boys (17 & 20) LOVE the beach. It's all they want to do so I'm thrilled. Definitely worth the trip on that one. It's wonderful that they provide beach towels too. It's the only DVC resort I've stayed at that does it, even Vero Beach.

So I have yet to meet the wonderful lady who made this booking all possible. If you hadn't read it already, I desperately wanted to stay at HHI this summer and another DISer had a ressie that was no longer required (her friends canceled out). I can never say how grateful I am that she offered to help a complete stranger so hopefully we'll return the favor and get her a THV sometime soon!

Fantastic resort. Can't say enough good things about it. I get it.

WHAT!

They are sharing Low Country Boils with non-Low-Countrians?

I'll have to report this to the Food and Culture police forthwith!

I am not sure if Non-Low-Countrians can deal with that little slice of heaven. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter