Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

And I left the number on a post it on my work desk.

:rolleyes1 Sorry! I'll try to get it but if I don't head back I'll report in on Monday.

Hey no problem here!!! I just hope you get things straightened out for your trip!! Good luck and let us know!

Not much in the way of an explanation. They did book us at California Grill for 7:30, which while nice, really was the bare minimum (I actually HAD reservations for Cali Grill before the event was extended!). I will be emailing guest relations, because I do not believe WDW empowered their cast members properly. The CM was very nice, however!

No matter who I talk to, I'm just advised to e-mail Guest Services. And, really, no matter who I called, no one knew much about it.
Trust them. Emailing WDW.guest.communications@disneyworld.com really does get response from the appropriate department.
The ones who advised e-mailing Guest Services said that that would ensure I am actually routed to the correct person / department since it reportedly goes to management. They said it would take 10 to 14 days for a response, though. I know there is a department for special dining events, but for the life of me, I could not get transferred to that area, so maybe it's coordinated by a different department.
Frequently not even this long.

Frequently not even this long.

Agreed, the e-mail I sent tonight to wdw.guest said depending on the time to research, no longer than 7 days.

YodasMom, did you email them or use the form on the website?

I am getting frustrated. I was one of the ones who was booked for May 27th. I received a phone call from a very nice cast member who advised that it was cancelled and offered me any other date I wanted. I said I would have to call back after I found flights and a hotel room (I was flying in just for this event). "No problem", I was told. "But you will have to leave a message since we are never at the phone - we work the event" Well, I have changed my flight, changed my hotel reservation and left them two messages indicating the date I would like to attend. No calls back so far and my reservation in MDE still says 5/27.

I am getting frustrated. I was one of the ones who was booked for May 27th. I received a phone call from a very nice cast member who advised that it was cancelled and offered me any other date I wanted. I said I would have to call back after I found flights and a hotel room (I was flying in just for this event). "No problem", I was told. "But you will have to leave a message since we are never at the phone - we work the event" Well, I have changed my flight, changed my hotel reservation and left them two messages indicating the date I would like to attend. No calls back so far and my reservation in MDE still says 5/27.

Wow. Completely unacceptable. What if you had booked airfare?! You'd be completely screwed. The fact they aren't even acknowledging any of this is crazy; then you add in the bad response time and it's really bad customer service from Disney. That's pretty rare!

Sorry we won't get to meet, I'm sure it would have been a fun way to spend Saturday night.

A few months back, Disney cancelled a bunch of CRT reservations to make room for an upcharge event - Dinner with the Disney Chefs or something like that. But Highway in the Sky IS an upscale event. Who are they making room for - Johnny Depp?

A few months back, Disney cancelled a bunch of CRT reservations to make room for an upcharge event - Dinner with the Disney Chefs or something like that. But Highway in the Sky IS an upscale event. Who are they making room for - Johnny Depp?
Isn't the 27th the opening day of Pandora? Though I'd expect any VIPs would be at AK that night....

Wow. Completely unacceptable. What if you had booked airfare?! You'd be completely screwed. The fact they aren't even acknowledging any of this is crazy; then you add in the bad response time and it's really bad customer service from Disney. That's pretty rare!

Sorry we won't get to meet, I'm sure it would have been a fun way to spend Saturday night.

I don't know if the event staff read Disboards but only a few hours after I posted this, I got a response that they did indeed get my messages and had change my date to the one I requested. When I checked MDE, my reservation reflected the new date. Whew, now I can stop worrying.

PS, I didn't have the heart to whine about the lack of response because they were so nice when they called.

I also got a call yesterday, Sunday, from a very nice WDW Guest Experience Services CM apologizing for the issues which occurred during my experience and saying that they need to be more aware of everything that impacts the guest experience. She said that the concerns I expressed about the issues that occurred during our night should not have and that they would do everything possible to make sure they did not happen again, etc. She did not offer any details as to why the experience was as it was on that night, or the reason for lack of attention by the guides, of course, but tried to assure me that they would emphasize the importance being more attentive on all nights.

I don't know if the event staff read Disboards but only a few hours after I posted this, I got a response that they did indeed get my messages and had change my date to the one I requested. When I checked MDE, my reservation reflected the new date. Whew, now I can stop worrying.

PS, I didn't have the heart to whine about the lack of response because they were so nice when they called.

Good thing you didn't have airfare booked though...! I can't imagine how that would have went. I agree, they're very nice.

Good thing you didn't have airfare booked though...! I can't imagine how that would have went. I agree, they're very nice.
Flying non-rev so airfare isn't the issue. Finding a room at the original rate was a challenge. I ended up spending around $10-15 more.

So my E-Mail ended up at DVC's Executive Team. o_O They reiterated they do not know why the event was canceled. Perhaps because the monorail "will be busy due to holiday crowds" and that was about it.

I'm more annoyed than I was before because why would my issue go to DVC? That makes no sense. I guess I will be writing a real letter when I return next week. :headache:

Anyone who has done this recently can you confirm if they are still calling the week before to confirm? I have a reservation Saturday and haven't heard anything yet. Just wondering if they still are doing the call. Thanks

Anyone who has done this recently can you confirm if they are still calling the week before to confirm? I have a reservation Saturday and haven't heard anything yet. Just wondering if they still are doing the call. Thanks

I am also going Saturday!! I will see you there!. I have not received any calls other than the one a few weeks ago asking me to reschedule and the follow-up confirming the new date.

Got my call at around 5:00

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter