Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

How disappointing! I hope you called or wrote to Disney afterwards to let them know about your experience.

I plan to. I have only been home for a couple days and figure its best to call during a weekday. It sounds like most of this is unusual and must have just been an "off" day.

What did you think about the lobby location for your stop at the Poly? Was there any seating? Do you happen to know if this is a permanent change from the Tiki Terrace, or if it was just for your night?
The lobby was just fine. We stood at tables but seating was provided for a party that needed it. Didn't ask but it seemed permanent. We did get boxes of chocolates at the end of the evening.

The lobby was just fine. We stood at tables but seating was provided for a party that needed it. Didn't ask but it seemed permanent. We did get boxes of chocolates at the end of the evening.

Darn missed our chocolates, oh well. Was definitely a full menu without them. :(:(:(

Really losing hope at this being extended

They waited to almost the last minute to extend it the last time, so I wouldn't worry at this point. They know it's popular and Disney doesn't normally give up a money making opportunity. We asked if it was going to be extended when we were there the weekend before last and, of course, the guides didn't know but they said it's very popular.

Josh just posted a review with pictures (and he takes AWESOME ones!)

Great read full of details, and gives you a visual of the Poly stop!

At end he does a valuation of the current offering.

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/review-highway-in-the-sky-dine-around-at-walt-disney-world/

review_highway_sky_dine_around_disney-15.jpg

I tend to agree with Josh's final summation. Interesting that his group had 3 guides.

I tend to agree with Josh's final summation. Interesting that his group had 3 guides.

Josh went the Friday, we were there the next evening. Again there were 3 CM's. I attributed it to one being dedicated to our mobility issues and alternate pathways. But the CM's were all excellent and very accommodating for allergies and beverage (non-alcohol) needs, etc.

Well if anyone else is booked for Saturday May 27th, it's cancelled.

We planned our ENTIRE day around this. Gave up FP+ at Animal Kingdom for Pandora, and shifted that to Sunday night and Monday morning instead of Saturday morning and Sunday night. We were going to do a pool day at the Poly then the Highway in the Sky Dine Around.

No explanation given, though I also didn't ask. They offered us *any* other day. Which, of course, does not work. I said I had to think about it and would call back. They were nice, but I mean come on. Disney makes us plan ADRs so far in advance...then do this to us? I can't do any other night--FP+s and ADRs are all booked up. It was hard enough to even get into this even and frankly I am irritated. We're DVC and go twice a year and we usually still usually don't get into these special events so we were pretty pumped. I stalked the website for days to get this reservation.

I'll report back once I've called them back tomorrow. The cast member was very nice, but "good news and bad news" being "you can have any other night" is bad news to me. There is no good news there really unless you can get me FP+ that I want. I don't think the company understands how much planning can go into making a trip work, it isn't as easy as swapping dates!

I just realized it's only offered Friday (5-26) and Saturday (5-27) while we are there. And with Saturday being cancelled, that's it for us. :rolleyes:

We can't make Friday as we won't get to the resort until 5-6, and I don't want to be rushed if jetBlue is running late; also it was hard enough to get into O'Hana on Friday.

We planned our ENTIRE day around this. Gave up FP+ at Animal Kingdom for Pandora, and shifted that to Sunday night and Monday morning instead of Saturday morning and Sunday night. We were going to do a pool day at the Poly then the Highway in the Sky Dine Around.

No explanation given, though I also didn't ask. They offered us *any* other day. Which, of course, does not work. I said I had to think about it and would call back. They were nice, but I mean come on. Disney makes us plan ADRs so far in advance...then do this to us? I can't do any other night--FP+s and ADRs are all booked up. It was hard enough to even get into this even and frankly I am irritated. We're DVC and go twice a year and we usually still usually don't get into these special events so we were pretty pumped. I stalked the website for days to get this reservation.

I'll report back once I've called them back tomorrow. The cast member was very nice, but "good news and bad news" being "you can have any other night" is bad news to me. There is no good news there really unless you can get me FP+ that I want. I don't think the company understands how much planning can go into making a trip work, it isn't as easy as swapping dates!

Wow! How frustrating! Did you ask if they would help you secure a new ADR and FP+s? Because I don't think that is unreasonable.

ETA: Just noticed your second post. That just STINKS! So sorry!

I just realized it's only offered Friday (5-26) and Saturday (5-27) while we are there. And with Saturday being cancelled, that's it for us. :rolleyes:

We can't make Friday as we won't get to the resort until 5-6, and I don't want to be rushed if jetBlue is running late; also it was hard enough to get into O'Hana on Friday.

I'm sorry to hear this! How disappointing that you won't even be able to try to reschedule during your trip. Did they even offer any information to explain why they canceled it?

Wow! How frustrating! Did you ask if they would help you secure a new ADR and FP+s? Because I don't think that is unreasonable.

ETA: Just noticed your second post. That just STINKS! So sorry!

I don't think that's unreasonable, either. If I were the OP, I would ask if they could help to secure some monorail resort ADRs so that I could have my own personal "Highway in the Sky Dine Around." (And honestly, with some of the changes they've made recently, I think that might be more enjoyable anyway!)

Sorry that happened to you. Did they give you the phone number for WDW Dine or a special number? I am still trying to reach someone to discuss how my experience went and no one can give me a number. No matter who I talk to, I'm just advised to e-mail Guest Services. And, really, no matter who I called, no one knew much about it.

Wonder if they could not fully staff your reserved night. Ours had fewer guides than most. I doubt if that's the reason though.

Yes, I agree they should assist you with scheduling something special.

I'm really pleased with how we planned our Sunday/Monday with Pandora (ROL dining package, etc) so I don't want to change any of that. Doesn't matter anyways since HitSDR isn't offered haha!

But, yes for Saturday I think Cali Grill isn't crazy to ask for. I actually HAD reservations that I canceled for this dine around! I also might see if I can squeeze in some of those extra FP+s (Since we're using all of our FPs for Pandora) or a comped app/dessert at Cali Grill. Never hurts to ask! heck, they've given us a free meal for far less. Normally I don't really care since we are DVC and can go often, but this was really hard to get into and I was pretty excited. We've never managed to get into a special event like this even with 1-2 trips a year! Considering I actually paid for it months ago too I think it is pretty unreasonable to cancel on people . Especially a Saturday on a holiday weekend, though I know I am preaching to the choir here.

I hope no other DISboard members are affected by this date change, but I know at least 23 other guests are. I'll report back tomorrow.

Sorry that happened to you. Did they give you the phone number for WDW Dine or a special number? I am still trying to reach someone to discuss how my experience went and no one can give me a number. No matter who I talk to, I'm just advised to e-mail Guest Services. And, really, no matter who I called, no one knew much about it.

Wonder if they could not fully staff your reserved night. Ours had fewer guides than most. I doubt if that's the reason though.

Yes, I agree they should assist you with scheduling something special.
I will PM you the # later tonight if that is OK! I'm sorry you had a bad experience, I read that here and was concerned about the event---considering the price they need to be receptive to feedback.

I will PM you the # later tonight if that is OK! I'm sorry you had a bad experience, I read that here and was concerned about the event---considering the price they need to be receptive to feedback.

The ones who advised e-mailing Guest Services said that that would ensure I am actually routed to the correct person / department since it reportedly goes to management. They said it would take 10 to 14 days for a response, though. I know there is a department for special dining events, but for the life of me, I could not get transferred to that area, so maybe it's coordinated by a different department.

And I left the number on a post it on my work desk.

:rolleyes1 Sorry! I'll try to get it but if I don't head back I'll report in on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!