Hicks on Holiday 2 - Done Brung the Kin Folk-Sept. 07 w/pics UPDATE 12/10/08 pg 41

I wondered why you didn't respond to my post and then I thought I must not have been amusing enough and I left the DIS to go clean toliets...:scared1:

**Puts on shiny sunglasses**

"What we have here is a failure to communicate." :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Here's a hug, just in case... :hug:

And your family is absolutely beeeee-youuuuu-teeeee-fullll!

Or, as they say in our neck of the woods, "Ya'll shine up like a new penny!"

Not amusing enough. :scared1: NEVER!!!!

Cool Hand Luke. LOL Nice!
I think that is one cultural reference we haven't done yet on any of your
threads.

Thanks for the compliment. :goodvibes
We like them.

Some time I am going to take a group shot when they are thoroughly disgusting. Just so I can look back and remember how they really were.
:rotfl:
94 days and some hours to go! :banana:

i saw the word "hicks" in your title and, being from tennessee and now living in georgia, i had to check it out! and no, i'm not married to my cousin junior. :laughing:

and your comment about having to wait 10 months and settling in for a long winter's nap with visions of mickey dancing in your heads.....you just described me! 10 months seems SO FAR AWAY!!!!! :eek:

can't wait to hear more!!!

i saw the word "hicks" in your title and, being from tennessee and now living in georgia, i had to check it out! and no, i'm not married to my cousin junior. :laughing:

and your comment about having to wait 10 months and settling in for a long winter's nap with visions of mickey dancing in your heads.....you just described me! 10 months seems SO FAR AWAY!!!!! :eek:

can't wait to hear more!!!

Welcome! Hicks of all shapes, sizes and from all vicinities welcome here! :)

We love Georgia...it means we're almost to Florida. Though I-75 seems soooo long when it's your second day of driving. :drive:

We spot our first palm tree in GA, and that makes for happiness all around! :goodvibes

ETA: I really love TN. We usually stay at Chattanooga on our trip down to WDW. We are hoping to make a future trip just to explore that area. Really beautiful.

I can't believe we're only 3 months out. When you have been waiting 2 years, it seems like such a short time left.
I almost wish the planning didn't have to end. [I said ALMOST. :rolleyes1 ]

Glad to have you on board. Throw in your Hick experiences any time you feel led. ;)

Or, as they say in our neck of the woods, "Ya'll shine up like a new penny!"

Sounds like Brenda has no need for a Hick-to-English dictionary!

Your family does look wonderful!

Chattanooga is a good place to visit. I have a friend who lives there who took me into the mountains. Stunning views! And I agree I-75 is long, no matter what day you're on. :goodvibes

Hey, just wanted to let you all know I am still here.

My dd is in a play this week-- Annie, Jr. -- and I have been busy being the good stage mother and volunteering back stage. A small price to pay to have my darling in the THEATRE.

Haven't been able to get my family too involved in the planning yet, though I was able to peak my MIL and SIL's interest by sending them the menu from Le Cellier, an ADR we have for our first day.

They liked it. :banana:

There may be some hope for them yet.

I promise, as soon as the play is done, I will update more. :wizard:

Thanks!

Hello from one hick to another!! :wave2: Actually, our family likes to call ourselves rednecks!! :thumbsup2 I grew up in the hills of Pennsylvania - or Pennsyltucky as my parents like to call it! I now live in Chicago and have to be a bit more civilzed. But, like they say, you can take the girl from the country........;)

I am loving your report. It sounds like you are going to have a blast. I look forward to more!

Michelle

Hi, I'm a from Michigan too. My dh calls me a hickabilly, whatever that means. Loving your report! Great picture, very cute kids.

:lmao: Very funny! I like your style, nothing like being able to poke fun at yourselves, and enjoy it!! :rotfl2:
Looking forward to hearing more about your plans... sounds like a BIG trip and a HUGE undertaking!

I have a close friend with 7 children and she gets tired just talking about them! Our biggest joke is always about "the laundry" I swear it is a code word! :rotfl:

I AM WETTING MY PANTS... dh came in and asked what was so funny. I said this board... He said give it a break you've been on there all day. I said but don't you want a great trip. He said as long as he is way from the farm he will be happy! We are also hick / hillbilly/ redneck, or should I say I married into them lol! I am a city girl that dreamed of marrying rich and married a farmer for love lol! GOD BLESS YOU WITH 7 SEVEN KIDS. I go insane with 3 and a part timer that makes four! We are going to disney for xmas we are going dec 22 - 31. There are six of us. Are you staying at cabins didn't see where you were staying?

Welcome new readers! :goodvibes
I'm not waking up very fast, so I thought I'd hang out here for a few minutes. It was soooo nice to find such flattering feedback! :cool1:

Hello from one hick to another!! Actually, our family likes to call ourselves rednecks!! I grew up in the hills of Pennsylvania - or Pennsyltucky as my parents like to call it! I now live in Chicago and have to be a bit more civilzed. But, like they say, you can take the girl from the country........

I am loving your report. It sounds like you are going to have a blast. I look forward to more!

Michelle

Pennsyltucky! I love it! :rotfl:

We're askeerd of Chicago. :scared1:

We haven't visited since we got the 15 passenger van as both dh and I tend to hyperventilate at the idea of driving it there.
At some point we'll get brave, as we want to go to Field Museum again.

We'll just have to visit Sue the dinosaur at Animal Kingdom until then. :rolleyes1

Hi, I'm a from Michigan too. My dh calls me a hickabilly, whatever that means. Loving your report! Great picture, very cute kids.
That pic was taken in Kzoo! Sears, at Crossroads. LOL

I don't give out our exact location, but we are your neighbors to the south, where there are several water ways. ;)

So my guess is we are the same kind of "hickabillys." LOL

I have a close friend with 7 children and she gets tired just talking about them! Our biggest joke is always about "the laundry" I swear it is a code word!

I made the mistake of naming some of them similar sounding names. I get worn out trying to come up with the right name to yell at them. Sometimes it ends up "Hey You!" :lmao:

The laundry. Nope, unfortunately it is NOT a code word. It's just laundry. Blah.

I AM WETTING MY PANTS... dh came in and asked what was so funny. I said this board... He said give it a break you've been on there all day. I said but don't you want a great trip. He said as long as he is way from the farm he will be happy! We are also hick / hillbilly/ redneck, or should I say I married into them lol! I am a city girl that dreamed of marrying rich and married a farmer for love lol! GOD BLESS YOU WITH 7 SEVEN KIDS. I go insane with 3 and a part timer that makes four! We are going to disney for xmas we are going dec 22 - 31. There are six of us. Are you staying at cabins didn't see where you were staying?

Please refrain from the wetting of pants. That just means more laundry.

We are staying at Pop Century. We stayed at the cabins our first trip, when we had 5 kids, one under 3. We LOVED it! Unfortunately we have outgrown them. Now it's connecting rooms at Pop.

We probably would have ended up at Pop the first trip if I had known about connecting rooms, as it is a bit cheaper. So I am kind of glad I didn't know, so we got to experience Ft. Wilderness. Love it there!

I married for love too, though he promised me we'd be rich. Ah, well, we're rich in other ways, no? :love:

Once you hit the level of insanity needed for 3 or 4 kids, it really isn't much of a plunge to do seven. It helps to have older kids. I think my hardest point was a 2 year old and a newborn. It's all good after you start having extra hands to help! :)

Thanks again for posting! I love all the feedback.

Beer

When we last left the Hicks, Sarah was puzzled by John's unprecedented interest in two of our dining choices--
Rose and Crown, and Biergarten.

What is it that has provoked his interest?

Well, what two nations are renowned for great beery goodness?
UK and Germany.

And if there is one thing John appreciates, it's beer.
:drinking1 [this smilie is of a very dark lager, no?]

I had mentioned to him the concept of "beeeeeer flights."

[Think of the 3rd Rock from the Sun episode where the aliens discover "Rooooom service."
This is the amazement with which John has embraced the idea of beeeeeeer flights.]

Beer.
Friend of Hicks everywhere.
I believe thatt studies have shown it has also replaced moonshine as the hillbilly beverage of choice,
most likely because they have discovered it is cheaper and easier
--considering the cost of raw materials and gas prices being what they are--
to just walk down to Skeeter’s “gas and go” and pick up a forty,
rather than firing up the still.

John is very much a casual drinker. An occasional beer.
Usually Amber Bock, but that is mostly because:
1) it’s one of his favorites
2) it toes that fine line between pricey and cheap, the one he is not willing to cross at this point.

Right now, it's all about the cost saving measures.

Repeat it with me: “Saving up for Disney, Saving up for Disney, Saving up for Disney....”

But I digress...

John has been known to chuckle at the Simpson’s episode in which they travel to Australia, and it goes something like this:

Marge to Bartender: “I’ll have a soda.”
Aussie Bartender: “Bee-ah?”
Marge: “No.. soda.”
Bartender “Bee-ah?”
Marge: “SOOOOO-DAHHHH!”
Bartender: “BEEEEEEEE-AHHHHH?????”

LOL

Consequently, he has always wanted to try beers around the world.
Epcot just happens to be the one place he can do that.

Maybe THAT’S why Epcot is his favorite?!? :cool1:

Well, that's another vivid, albeit short, look into the world of Hicks on Holiday.
I'll be updating more soon, I promise!
[Got to keep stringing it out until Sept., right?]

DH thinks I'm loony as I sit here laughing at the computer:lmao: ....he may have a point. Reading through your pre-trip report is making me so proud to be yer friend. I'm anxiously anticipatin' the next installment.:hyper:

DH thinks I'm loony as I sit here laughing at the computer:lmao: ....he may have a point. Reading through your pre-trip report is making me so proud to be yer friend. I'm anxiously anticipatin' the next installment.:hyper:

Wow, and I didn't even bribe you to say that! LOL

Psst -- you need to update your siggie. Tessa is 4 years old now!
:thumbsup2
Gotta love those princess costumes. K and E are taking them this time. :wizard: You'll have to tell me how you managed with them in the parks.

Later!

That is one of our favorite Simpson's episodes! :rotfl2:

Of course, it must seem like all of them are our favorites, but we do quote that one to each other a lot. We also like playing knifey-spooney when talking about beeeeee-ahhhhhhh. :lmao:

Try a Kronenbourg 1644 in France if that's not too highfalutin fer ya! :thumbsup2

That is one of our favorite Simpson's episodes! :rotfl2:

Of course, it must seem like all of them are our favorites, but we do quote that one to each other a lot. We also like playing knifey-spooney when talking about beeeeee-ahhhhhhh. :lmao:

Try a Kronenbourg 1644 in France if that's not too highfalutin fer ya! :thumbsup2

John says " :thumbsup2 ... Write that down!"

LOL

He'll take any and all suggestions...anything for the cause.

John says " :thumbsup2 ... Write that down!"

LOL

He'll take any and all suggestions...anything for the cause.

Two others that I really like are:

Dos Equis in Mexico
Boddingtons in England

I'll get back to you later with some more - I need my hubby to jog my memory. :lmao:

Wow, and I didn't even bribe you to say that! LOL

Psst -- you need to update your siggie. Tessa is 4 years old now!
:thumbsup2
Gotta love those princess costumes. K and E are taking them this time. :wizard: You'll have to tell me how you managed with them in the parks.

Later!

Hello fellow hickster! You know the other day, while driving down the "main" street in town (which isn't really Main St.) and all the cars were stopped in order to let a family of ducks cross the road, I had to think, "Wow, this IS a small town!":lmao: But, I love it, we have such nice people here!

Anywho! I'm loving the report! Makes me want to take a trip with 14 other family members to Disney too! Oh wait, we are allready doing that!!! WOO HOO!!!

My girls usually wear the princess dresses to Disney. As long as they are comfortable in them at home, they should be ok at Disney.

I did not realize how much John and my hubby were alike! Beer, sunglasses, loves Disney when we get there.... Next time I crash one of your parties, I will have to bring him! :lmao: :lmao:

Boy, that Hkite sure has a gorgeous family, doen't she?? Her younger sister is particuarly perdy. :lmao:

I thought about writing a trip report, but someone (who'm I'm married to) once told me, "Teresa, you tell stories so boring no one in their right mind would want to listen to them."

Two others that I really like are:

Dos Equis in Mexico
Boddingtons in England

I'll get back to you later with some more - I need my hubby to jog my memory. :lmao:

A friend came over with a 6 pack of XX the other night. Check.

Boddington's. Got it! :thumbsup2

Yeah, put Jay on the case. I'm not a big beer drinker, but if someone speaks "Guy" I can usually pass it on to John and he understands. LOL

Hello fellow hickster! You know the other day, while driving down the "main" street in town (which isn't really Main St.) and all the cars were stopped in order to let a family of ducks cross the road, I had to think, "Wow, this IS a small town!":lmao: But, I love it, we have such nice people here!

Yup. Seen 'em do it for the geese too. WELL, you went right by our house and didn't even wave! :confused3

Anywho! I'm loving the report! Makes me want to take a trip with 14 other family members to Disney too! Oh wait, we are allready doing that!!! WOO HOO!!!

Are we nuts or what? :dance3:

My girls usually wear the princess dresses to Disney. As long as they are comfortable in them at home, they should be ok at Disney.
It's going to be VERY hot, so I am thinking I will bring the dresses in a big ziploc and change them at the restaurant. Or something like that. K's Aurora gown has long sleeves. Suggestions appreciated.

I did not realize how much John and my hubby were alike! Beer, sunglasses, loves Disney when we get there.... Next time I crash one of your parties, I will have to bring him! :lmao: :lmao:

All of hkite's relatives are welcome to crash parties at our house anytime. ;)

Boy, that Hkite sure has a gorgeous family, doen't she?? Her younger sister is particuarly perdy. :lmao:

Ahem....:rolleyes1

I thought about writing a trip report, but someone (who'm I'm married to) once told me, "Teresa, you tell stories so boring no one in their right mind would want to listen to them."

I think you and hkite should combine forces on the next one, and tell the same story from two perspectives. Could be fun. Could be evil. Either way, you'll attract a readership. I am sure your stories are perfectly interesting!!! He's just bored because he's heard them all. :cool2:

Thanks for reading!

A friend came over with a 6 pack of XX the other night. Check.

Boddington's. Got it! :thumbsup2

Yeah, put Jay on the case. I'm not a big beer drinker, but if someone speaks "Guy" I can usually pass it on to John and he understands. LOL

Also available in England: Stella Artois (not bad) and Guiness (Jay's favorite but keep in mind this is the beer that drinks like a meal). I don't know if they serve it at Rose and Crown, but Murphy's is also pretty tasty.

And how can we forget Japan??? Try the Kirin Ichiban beer - quite tasty!!

Sometimes in Canada you can get Moosehead (a lighter beer, but not bad).
A better beer but not always available is La Fin du Monde - yummy!

If it's available in Italy try Peroni.. very good!

That's it.. I'm tapped. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

For what it's worth, these are all beers that Jay and I have both tried and liked (well, maybe I don't really like Guiness much). So your hubby has "four thumbs up" instead of two. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter