Hey my North Eastern Sisters.. Final Countdown..3 days until we leave!!!

Just a warning...I mean, it was really really a fun time, but (I know it's NYC) the price versus the quality? High prices for not so great food ;)

I know NYC food prices are crazy...one reason we are staying at the ResidenceInn, free breakfast and getting the kitchen so we can eat a meal in room each day too!
We loved the feel of the restaurant, I think we had burgers, both days we went if I remember right...

I'm in. I am not picky on where we eat. I will be bringing my dd12 and my ds 10 and my mil. Cant wait. It sounds like fun. we can meet at the hotel also. Just let me know what time so I can figure which train to take. It is about an hour train ride.
Can't wait.
Cindy

Ellen's is fun - the diner-style food is ok - we've have had everything from mac and cheese to burgers to potato skins (new addition to the menu - they're good). It sure isn't LeCirque, but...:lmao: has seemed reasonable to us for the price. And the atmosphere is neat - (we've certainly had worse meals for more money in NYC!). Have heard terrible things about other "family" restaurants - Mars 2112, etc....

Another option is to go to Lenny's (a yummy local deli/sandwich shop chain) - grab sandwiches there and swing by the Magnolia Bakery :cloud9: for cupcakes or cookies a block away (both are right in Rockefeller Center). We could eat in at Lenny's or take the stuff a block away and eat outside on the benches in a plaza down the block... Not sure of Lenny's hours - think they close at 2 - (usually a smidge before that, though really...) I live for their #8 sandwiches (and their delish Chicken Cheddar sandwiches) - and my kids love that they have PB&Js!

Menus: http://www.lennysnyc.com/library/re...liverycommercial2330334854551082011-04-11.pdf

http://www.magnoliabakery.com/pdf/magnoliabakery_menu.pdf

Oh those both sound yummy!!! does Lenny's have inside tables in case the weather isn't good????
definately want to hit the bakery too, love me some cupcakes!!!

oops, re-read your post, they do have inside seating.....

how about this....we meet at the hotel between 9:00 and 10:00 ~~~would that be enough time for everyone to travel into the city without having to get up to early?????~~~to chat, have coffee etc then we can head out for lunch, then shopping at Disney Store, we can plan what to do after that and maybe meet back up at the hotel or somewhere else if the gang splits up for a bit....for a snack/drink and more chatting!

I will PM everyone my cell # and the hotel addy this coming week!

Yep - Lenny's has tables (seating at least 60?) inside and on Saturdays the place is generally pretty quiet, compared to a nutty weekday. This one is right across the street from Nintendo World (another spot on my family's "always must do" NYC list!) so we are there pretty often...

Looking back to see who is coming for sure.....

me and megan

bearbear - Cindy, DD12, DS10 and MIL

BAMB - Buffy, DH, DS14, DS10, DS9, and DD5

PinballFamily - Pam, 2 DD's

that's 15 of us....since we are over 10 I can make ressies at Ellen's....or do we want to go with the deli Pam suggested "Lenny's"

The address for the hotel is

Residence Inn/Time Square
1033 Ave of the America's (6th Avenue between W 38th and W 39th)

their # 212-768-0007

plan on meeting up at the hotel between 9:00 - 10:00 am if that works for everyone's travel plans, chat for awhile, lunch, shopping and whatever else we come up with!!!

sending you all my cell # by PM

Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it.:sad2: We're going on vacation this weekend for a week, and the weekend that y'all are meeting we'll be doing DS8's birthday party. I was trying to schedule his party for the 23rd, his actual birthday-but that's the first weekend of football practice and the draft (DH is the coach). I hope you have a blast, and the next time I come to NY I'll let you ladies know and maybe we can have a mini-meet!! Have fun!:)

Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it.:sad2: We're going on vacation this weekend for a week, and the weekend that y'all are meeting we'll be doing DS8's birthday party. I was trying to schedule his party for the 23rd, his actual birthday-but that's the first weekend of football practice and the draft (DH is the coach). I hope you have a blast, and the next time I come to NY I'll let you ladies know and maybe we can have a mini-meet!! Have fun!:)

sorry you can't make it after all....have a fun vacation and celebrating your DS's birthday!!!

Lisa, I'm PM'ing you my email addy.

DH is apparently going to be in the city all week for work, so I'll be driving in with the kids on Friday.
We will probably switch over to the Residence Inn on Friday and stay til Sunday.
He wants a schedule though.

I know DD wants to do American Girl Store
The little boys want to do the Pokemon Center
DS14 wants to do the chess store, not sure where that is.
DH wanted to go somewhere in Brooklyn
and they all want to do the Natural History museum.

DH is apparently going to be in the city all week for work, so I'll be driving in with the kids on Friday.
We will probably switch over to the Residence Inn on Friday and stay til Sunday.

Yay that will be fun!!! I already have AG booked for Monday dinner, but Megan is up to going again with your DD!

will email you back.....

My son would love to do the pokemon center(whatever that is) He is do into pokemon. We are up for whatever. I may bring my DD6 also. It will be a game day decision. Can't wait.

Buffy's bringing in her whole gang, so the more the merrier! can't wait either!!

we leave in three days for NY!!!!:banana:

can't wait to meet Buffy, Cindy and Pam along with their families :cool1:

Erin, hope you can make it to, but not if it means your DS losing his games..

if anyone else thinks they can come out on the 16th to the Big Apple, let me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter