Hey my North Eastern Sisters.. Final Countdown..3 days until we leave!!!

Lisa-
I will talk to LM3K and hopefully we could meet up and come together. I really would love to meet a few of you gals! Will put the 16th on my calendar for now. :banana:

It will all depend on camp. Morgan is thinking of doing a week of Girl Scout (sleepover! :scared1:) camp. Momma's not ready for this...

Lisa-
I will talk to LM3K and hopefully we could meet up and come together. I really would love to meet a few of you gals! Will put the 16th on my calendar for now. :banana:

that would be great!!

It will all depend on camp. Morgan is thinking of doing a week of Girl Scout (sleepover! :scared1:) camp. Momma's not ready for this...

I wouldn't be ready for that either!

oops missed Nan's post....I understand, kids come first, just wanted to get this out early so you all could plan!

going to start a possible list so we know who might be coming on the first post!!!

Okay ladies....we are booked and heading to NYC!!!

arriving July 7th and staying with Jim's boss' family until the 10th on Long Island!

July 10-13th with our friends in Bridgewater NJ!

then heading to NYC July 13 - 19th!!

so if Saturday July 16th is going to work for our meet up let's get it planned!

we will be staying at the Residence Inn Time Square so will have a nice big lobby area for our meet up/visit time and then can plan what else we want to do...lunch....shopping...

let me know if you are going to be able to come in for the day, hope to be able to meet bunches of you!!!

Ohhh Jealous :)

DD#1 went to sleepover camp 2 years ago, it was a week. she was less than an hour away. She loved it!

Me I'm in!!!!! I might bring either DH or the entire Blink Family with me though. If DD finds out we are going to NYC, she will freak if she can't come.

Well, if the Blinks are going, then I might just bring my 12 yr old, oops he'll be 13 then, grandson with me. Have not been to the city in quite a while - 3 yrs since I took my students.

Me I'm in!!!!! I might bring either DH or the entire Blink Family with me though. If DD finds out we are going to NYC, she will freak if she can't come.

Well, if the Blinks are going, then I might just bring my 12 yr old, oops he'll be 13 then, grandson with me. Have not been to the city in quite a while - 3 yrs since I took my students.

Yay!! the more the merrier!!! will add you to the list!!

Great! Have pencilled Sat., July 16 on our calendar. The various bus companies aren't booking that far out yet, but I'll keep a watch out...

Based on our usual trips there, we should be to midtown/Times Square around 10:30 a.m. or so.

This will be SO fun! :cool1:

MM - good luck with the GS sleepaway camp. Our girls have done them - one totally LOVED it (for two weeks - two consecutive sessions!) and the other...:rolleyes1 - well, you can ask her about that "traumatic" experience! :laughing:

I wasnt sure about sending my boys to sleepover camp the first year, but now I love it. They love going year after year (my oldest DS16 is now an instructor for climbing and rappelling) and it gives me a breather. In fact, - this year my DS 16 will be working, my DH will be taking our crew of boy scouts and my DS 12 will be attending camp. This just leaves me and DS 6 at home. Makes for a nice week of one-on-one for him and me. He loves all the extra attention.

Great! Have pencilled Sat., July 16 on our calendar. The various bus companies aren't booking that far out yet, but I'll keep a watch out...

Based on our usual trips there, we should be to midtown/Times Square around 10:30 a.m. or so.

This will be SO fun! :cool1:

MM - good luck with the GS sleepaway camp. Our girls have done them - one totally LOVED it (for two weeks - two consecutive sessions!) and the other...:rolleyes1 - well, you can ask her about that "traumatic" experience! :laughing:

Yay, happy you can come down Pam!
Danielle, that must be so fun for your boys and you too :thumbsup2

Megan will be having her first sleep away in August at Camp Erin...its a camp that was set up by Jamie Moyer (he was a Seattle Marinier at one point) for kids dealing with grief...its only two nights, but they have great team and self confidence bldg sections...she's excited about going, but wants me nearby at a hotel!

Two days is a great first step - short enough that she knows it's only two days, but it gives her a little taste of freedom. The first year I dropped my son off I cried the whole way home. They were sleeping in lean-to's. They were the first camp session of the year and my DH had to chase a bat out of the corner of one of them. I was worried sick but DS had the time of his life! Now I can't say enough good about the camp. Each year they come home a little more confident and independent. This is the first year that dad will be along, so we will see how that works out for all involved. They are worried that it will cut into their "freedom".

BTW- was talking to DH last night about joining yall in NY. He said since its such a long drive for me that maybe I would want to find out if some of us want to have a sleepover in NYC. I said I would check it out.

They have a "camp sampler" of 2 nights, I think. But, we know someone who went to that last year and they weren't able to boat, they didn't do crafts, etc. What exactly was the point? The main issue is that she wants to do a different week from all her friends (she reaaaaaaaaaaaally wants to do the Bon Appetit one, and they are all interested in another week). I'm just afraid she'll get far more homesick if she doesn't have a friend. We're hoping to find one who will go to that one too.

Pam, can't wait to hear about the trauma you put that kid through :lmao:

I'm in if I make my schedule not to work the night before or the night of the trip.
I know my kids would love to go maybe I will bring DS as he hasn't been there yet and DD 11 always gets to go places with me.

Hmmmm-my sister lives in NY and she's been begging me to come up for a visit. ;)

then it would be a bonus trip for you Anne!!! come on up!!

I'm in if I make my schedule not to work the night before or the night of the trip.
I know my kids would love to go maybe I will bring DS as he hasn't been there yet and DD 11 always gets to go places with me.

that would be great if you could come in...kids are welcome to come too, Megan will be 11 soon, so she would love to have some kids to hang with!

Marking my calendar. Hopefully it can work out for me. :)

my dear friend in NJ got me a great deal for Megan and I to see The Lion King!!!! wanted to see it when we where there in '09 but couldn't get tickets for the days we wanted, so excited to finally get to see it!!!

same friend is also looking for Wicked tickets through another friend for the day her and her DD come into the city to hang with us!!

I really want to meet you guys up in NYC. I just need to put the date on my calender. what day is it that we are going to meet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter