***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Anyone have any other small trips before their Oct trip?

We are heading to SoCal for 4 nights at the end of July. We are staying at VGC, although my mother in law lives less than two miles from DLR. Picking up the Premier Pass, as we will hit DLR several more times through out the year when we visit family. I am *very* excited to see what they have done to Fantasmic!.

Otherwise we are at 87 days and counting!!

Not this year. This trip is 9 nights/10 days so it's using up vacation time and money!
Next year we are going to New Orleans for 5 nights in May and then in the fall somewhere we can drive to along the Great Lakes for a long weekend. Or we may do Boston for a long weekend in the fall.

We are heading to SoCal for 4 nights at the end of July. We are staying at VGC, although my mother in law lives less than two miles from DLR. Picking up the Premier Pass, as we will hit DLR several more times through out the year when we visit family. I am *very* excited to see what they have done to Fantasmic!.

Not doing anything before this trip, but in December heading back to WDW for 5 days. Though, I think the December trip will be far more relaxed. 1 day at MK, 2 at Epcot and 2 at DAK. We will do the Candlelight Processional package one night, depending on who the narrator is. DH wants to go to Jiko for dinner one night and lots of time at the Tambu lounge at the Poly. I need my Lapu Lapus. lol

I have always wanted to stay at the grand at DLR but...it is rather pricey and I usually try to go cheaply and as often as possible since I live in CA. One of these days I am gonna splurge.

I won't be back before October to be sure but I miss Disneyland.

Enjoy Fantasmic! I love DLR F!

Now that PTN is going to be going to DCA I am so excited thinking about going back to DLR even if it's only for a short weekend trip. I can do a weekend at DLR very inexpensively so hopefully I'll be back soon.

I have always wanted to stay at the grand at DLR but...it is rather pricey and I usually try to go cheaply and as often as possible since I live in CA. One of these days I am gonna splurge.

I won't be back before October to be sure but I miss Disneyland.

Enjoy Fantasmic! I love DLR F!

Now that PTN is going to be going to DCA I am so excited thinking about going back to DLR even if it's only for a short weekend trip. I can do a weekend at DLR very inexpensively so hopefully I'll be back soon.

We lived out there up until a year and a half ago. My husbands job took us to Texas. Other than family and Disney, the move has been great!

We are only staying at VGC, as we had booked it for my son, and he is unable to use it. Couldn't have it go to waste ;)

RIDE CLOSURES

2 more ride closures - Universe of Energy and Great Movie Ride will both be closing for good on 8/13/17.

Universe of Energy will become a Guardians of The Galaxy ride in the future.
Great Movie Ride will become Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway ride in the future. (looks cute :) )

First post has been updated.

RIDE CLOSURES

2 more ride closures - Universe of Energy and Great Movie Ride will both be closing for good on 8/13/17.

Universe of Energy will become a Guardians of The Galaxy ride in the future.
Great Movie Ride will become Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway ride in the future. (looks cute :) )

First post has been updated.
Thanks for sharing! I was hoping to do a final trip through the GMR this trip, but excited about having a Mickey and Minnie ride in the future!

I had been looking forward to riding the great movie ride...and that is one less attraction in HS which already doesn't off us that much as it is. I am starting to think about cutting my HS day entirely and spending the day in another park since we no longer have park hopper options on our tickets. I was already thinking of HS as kind of a waste of a day on our tickets but with 1 less thing to do there it seems like its even more of a waste. I may be being overly critical but when value starts being taken from what already seemed to be of a lesser value it makes me rethink if its worth it.

I do want to see SWAGS but I am wondering if HS is a good use of our time since we arent really into watching shows or looking at memorabilia. With The great movie ride closing there is only 1 ride in HS that is different from what we have at home in DL and that is rockin roller coaster ( TOT is kind of different from DL since our closed) and really it makes for only a grand total of 6 attractions that we have any interest in. 1 less attraction that wasn't most peoples favorite may not seem like a big deal but to me its just enough of a different to make me wonder if I am wasting a day.

With DLR as our home park I am used to having a lot more to do in a park than that. I am worried that we will be done with the park in just a few hours. I had already heard that it was a half day park-losing a ride sure wont increase that.

What are your thoughts? Is it worth spending an entire day there?

My original plan also included more time at our resort so having a short day was ok, but now that we had to move to POP I am much less interested in spending too much time at the resort. Should we skip HS and do another day elsewhere?

I had been looking forward to riding the great movie ride...and that is one less attraction in HS which already doesn't off us that much as it is. I am starting to think about cutting my HS day entirely and spending the day in another park since we no longer have park hopper options on our tickets. I was already thinking of HS as kind of a waste of a day on our tickets but with 1 less thing to do there it seems like its even more of a waste. I may be being overly critical but when value starts being taken from what already seemed to be of a lesser value it makes me rethink if its worth it.

I do want to see SWAGS but I am wondering if HS is a good use of our time since we arent really into watching shows or looking at memorabilia. With The great movie ride closing there is only 1 ride in HS that is different from what we have at home in DL and that is rockin roller coaster ( TOT is kind of different from DL since our closed) and really it makes for only a grand total of 6 attractions that we have any interest in. 1 less attraction that wasn't most peoples favorite may not seem like a big deal but to me its just enough of a different to make me wonder if I am wasting a day.

With DLR as our home park I am used to having a lot more to do in a park than that. I am worried that we will be done with the park in just a few hours. I had already heard that it was a half day park-losing a ride sure wont increase that.

What are your thoughts? Is it worth spending an entire day there?

My original plan also included more time at our resort so having a short day was ok, but now that we had to move to POP I am much less interested in spending too much time at the resort. Should we skip HS and do another day elsewhere?
What are your other days and park plans? Would you find more value in visiting another park for a whole day?

What are your other days and park plans? Would you find more value in visiting another park for a whole day?

My plans are:

Saturday 9/30 very late arrival

Sunday 10/1-Animal kingdom

monday 10/2-Epcot

Tuesday 10/3-Halloween party in the evening

Wednesday 10/4 magic kingdom-this is set in stone because it is one of very few opportunities to see the new fireworks show and we have be our guest dinner reservations.

Thursday 10/5 magic kingdom- my original plan was to do MK only until 2:00 to enjoy the possibly lower crowds since it's a party day and then finish the day in Epcot doing whatever we didn't get to do or want to repeat there but now we don't have park hoppers so it would be an early evening for us when MK closes for the party.

Friday10 10/6 Hollywood studios

Saturday 10/7 animal kingdom leave park at noon for 1:00 magical express to the airport

Now I am thinking of changing my Hollywood studios day into another Epcot day as it seems like it would have more than 1 days worth of things for us that we are interested in. I could also switch my last day, which is only a few hours long, to a Hollywood studios...not sure

Where are all the double digit dancers???:banana::banana::banana:

I'm almost there so we've got to have a ton of you by now! :jumping1:

Trying to come to terms with some of yesterday's announcements. :sad:

I know it is frustrating that so many things are closed in HS, but TGMR wasn't really a tier 1 attraction like the FP+ system makes it out to be. It looks like you have a 6-day ticket based on what you're describing. The price difference of a 5-6 day ticket is about $20 per person so for that, I personally think HS is worth $20. If you were going for 3 days, maybe not as much, but HS is probably my favorite park. I am not sure of what you plan on doing your party day am, but you could also possibly extend your ticket 1 extra day and do HS that am or swap AK that am and do HS as you suggested your last day. The only issue with both of these scenarios would be that you stated you wanted to see Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular. If you did a whole day there, you could always go in and do headliners and use some FP+, book a 4th for later, take a break, and go back at night for the other FP+ and the fireworks. RnRC is a great ride and ToT is hopefully different enough that it should be exciting for at least one ride.

Fall discounts are out...although none are available for Poly for my dates. I figured this would happen. Still hoping for an AP discount miracle, because I've never paid rack rate (although I've been prepared to this time, no matter how much I don't want to!).

I hope some of you were able to get one!

Fall discounts are out...although none are available for Poly for my dates. I figured this would happen. Still hoping for an AP discount miracle, because I've never paid rack rate (although I've been prepared to this time, no matter how much I don't want to!).

I hope some of you were able to get one!
I've heard they are having issues with the promo being fully loaded. Keep checking back!

We are hoping for Beach Club, Yacht Club or Boardwalk...right now showing NO availability on ANYTHING there... sure hope it opens up!

Last night while watching Toy Story my daughter remembered that she did not meet Jessie at Disney World last time, but she met green army men, Woody, and Buzz. She was very disappointed and insisted that we have to meet her next time we go.

Do we have any hope of finding Jessie while we are there, I thought I read she will show up some. We will be there for MNSSHP, although I don't remember seeing her there last time we went.

Has anyone gone to MK the Sunday before Halloween?

I would really love to know what the crowd level is like. I'm thinking about rearranging my trip, but going to the MK on a weekend makes me nervous. However, this is a party night so I know it will be less busy than a normal Sunday. I'd love some feedback for those with experience.

Thank for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts