***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Wait, I just found out that SWAGS dessert party has freeze dried nutella, you guys. This is gonna be me for the next few weeks until they release it! :surfweb:

Happy 4th everyone!

I wasn't planning to book a dessert party because we were already doing the Halloween MK party and was planning to do EMM. But now that there won't be EMM offered during our dates, I'm strongly considering trying to book SWAGS, only because it includes alcohol which makes the price *slightly* easier to justify, and the date would be DS's actual birthday so it would be a special treat for the day. And, since it's October the time would be early enough for the kids. I'm wondering if there are any more recent reviews than the ones that came out when it was first offered. Wondering if they've changed up the desserts, added more savory options, or changed the drinks at all.
If you haven't already visited this forum, here's the link. Lots of info, including reviews and photos, of the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...-party-galactic-nights-launch-bay-jt.3439569/

Yay. So glad I foung you guys. We too will be going in Oct. Staying Offsite.

Oct 15th-MK
Oct 16th-EP lunch at Biergarten
Oct 17th-AK
Oct 18th-EP
Oct 19th-MK
OCt 20th-AK breakfast at Tusker House.
Oct 22nd-MK

My husband and I are going with our nuclear family ( two girls and a boy), my sisters family ( 3 boys ), my mom and another sister. We are so excited. My husband and I have been going over all sorts of Disney Related you tube videos once the kids are in bed and keeping a tally of all the food we want to get. Ha ha, he once mocked my Disney binder but he has been writing in it more than me. I guess he got bit by the Disney bug too.

Yay. So glad I foung you guys. We too will be going in Oct. Staying Offsite.

Oct 15th-MK
Oct 16th-EP lunch at Biergarten
Oct 17th-AK
Oct 18th-EP
Oct 19th-MK
OCt 20th-AK breakfast at Tusker House.
Oct 22nd-MK

My husband and I are going with our nuclear family ( two girls and a boy), my sisters family ( 3 boys ), my mom and another sister. We are so excited. My husband and I have been going over all sorts of Disney Related you tube videos once the kids are in bed and keeping a tally of all the food we want to get. Ha ha, he once mocked my Disney binder but he has been writing in it more than me. I guess he got bit by the Disney bug too.

Hello there!!! Welcome! :) May I add you to our list of October travelers?

Also if you activate the One Day Memory Maker at 5pm you may be able to use it on the following day up to 5pm. Several have reported doing this, as one day is 24 hours.
So is this something I would inquire about at Guest Services at the park??

So I have 52 days ( I think) until I make our fast passes.

I know what parks we are going to (most days), but that's it!

Someone on here needs to yell at me weekly to get going with that part of the planning please! :)

well, slightly off topic but still related to our trip. My son broken his arm fairly horrifically on Monday night and when they were putting him under to try to set it he flipped out over getting an IV because he has a down right pathological fear of needles (and yes everyone in room pointed out that the needles were NOTHING compared to his that had both bones broken in multiple places-Nope he was still bucking like a bronco to get away from the needles) and they told him to think of his favorite place and close his eye and think about being there.

Well I'm sure its no surprise, in his darkest hour he pictured Disney. While we were in the hospital we customized our magic bands. Disney brings comfort to the weary.

On a related note-he has surgery tomorrow and he will spend 3 weeks with pins and metal brackets securing his bones from the outside and then 6 weeks in a cast then 3 weeks in a splint before 6 months of physical therapy. So he will still be in a splint in his final stages of healing for our trip. Anything you would avoid doing? Will he still need to avoid thrill rides?

well, slightly off topic but still related to our trip. My son broken his arm fairly horrifically on Monday night and when they were putting him under to try to set it he flipped out over getting an IV because he has a down right pathological fear of needles (and yes everyone in room pointed out that the needles were NOTHING compared to his that had both bones broken in multiple places-Nope he was still bucking like a bronco to get away from the needles) and they told him to think of his favorite place and close his eye and think about being there.

Well I'm sure its no surprise, in his darkest hour he pictured Disney. While we were in the hospital we customized our magic bands. Disney brings comfort to the weary.

On a related note-he has surgery tomorrow and he will spend 3 weeks with pins and metal brackets securing his bones from the outside and then 6 weeks in a cast then 3 weeks in a splint before 6 months of physical therapy. So he will still be in a splint in his final stages of healing for our trip. Anything you would avoid doing? Will he still need to avoid thrill rides?

WOW...he's such a brave guy! And yes, I have been known to take small "escape" fantasies to Disney in particularly stressful situations! Mickey is a great healing presence!!

As far as avoiding rides, I think your doctor should be the final word on that one. You don't want to be overboard cautious, but you certainly don't want to do something that may interfere with a complete recovery.

Wow! How stressful for both of you! Kindermouse how did this happen? I agree with @jlundeen I would ask the doctor about what your son should avoid, then you can access if a Disney trip should be postponed? My thoughts and prayers are with you both. Let your son know we're thinking about him and sending pixie dust for a full recovery!

Wow! How stressful for both of you! Kindermouse how did this happen?

He fell off his bike on Monday evening, just your basic mundane kid activity gone wrong that could happen to anyone. Its been a rough week for sure. I plan to get feedback from the doctor but I know that a lot of the healing stuff will just take time to tell. I know there is plenty to do there know matter your limitation and we can still have a fun trip-If babies and pregnant women go to Disney we can to- I am just hoping that we dont have to avoid too many things.

I will say that after everything that has come up and gone awry with this, our big one time trip to the other Disney, I am thinking that there is no way we can do it as a one and done as I had planned. It may take years to save up and go again but I feel like it is a must. This is not shaping up to be the dream trip it was supposed to be so I am just going to have think of it as a warm up to a bigger better trip that is is just really far back on the horizon.

Yesterday I totally scored a garden grill at Epcot PPO for Monday October 9th!!! Beyond excited its for 8:10!
Originally when I did my adrs I couldn't even get one for that day, and then one day got one for my not Epcot morning. So I kept watching and finally got a 9:2O one. Yesterday at lunch time on the mde app I saw what I thought was a fluke 8:10 time available. I clicked it, and got to the which would you rather keep? And the do you accept terms box only to discover the app didn't remember my credit card number It's always there! By time I got it the session time out and the time slot was gone. I was super bummed! Two hours later I checked again and found it! And the app still had my info! That and Star Wars dessert party were the last things I needed for the trip! Keep waiting everyone for the tricky ones!! I was only hoping for 840, but it's sooo much better!

So I have 52 days ( I think) until I make our fast passes.

I know what parks we are going to (most days), but that's it!

Someone on here needs to yell at me weekly to get going with that part of the planning please! :)

I need it too! I feel like it's a combination of not knowing the AK hours ( and why is it still listed as 6 pm on the 16th?) and the unpredictability of weather affecting my choice for MNSSHP. I feel like I have to make several plans, but how can I make FPs if I don't know whether I'm going to the party on Tuesday the 17th or Thursday the 19th? At this point, my questions seem to be causing me to procrastinate even more than usual. What if I want to see HEA more than once? MK is only open past 7 pm 3 out of my 7 nights. I know. These are not real problems! And in happier news, my countdown is at 100 days!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter