***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Well the Dr. gave me the wait and see speech about everyone healing differently and complexity of the surgery he had and how they like to give conservative estimates on healing going in but... They only wrote his PE excuse through 9/28 and our trip starts 9/30 so it seems like a good chance that he will be healed enough for vigorous activity by then I'm thinking.

I wish I could fast forward the next 85 days!

Will post this here too!

So this trip is harder as we have people joining us on different dates. We are all staying at Polynesian.
Plan is to do first 3 fast passes relatively early, then see what we can get later on. I'm not giving the entire plans for the day, just the fast passes...

10/25 - arrival day (just us two)
Magic Kingdom
5:00 - Peter Pan
Dinner at Skipper Canteen at 6
7:00 - Jungle Cruise
8:00 - Mine Train

10/26 (us two)
Epcot - early entry
If we do early entry, will probably try for Soarin first, then Test Track
9:00 am Spaceship Earth
10:00 am Living With The Land
11:00 am Frozen Ever After
Lunch at WCC at 1:45 then back to Poly for a nap. ;)
Halloween party at night, will get a bunch of rides done (hopefully anyways!)

10/27 (us two)
Animal Kingdom
9:00 am River Journey
10:00 am EE
6:45 pm Safari ride
We are saving FOP until everyone arrives, and this day we are going back to hotel for mid-day relaxing, then heading back to AK at night.

10/28 (us two morning, brother arrival day)
DHS - this one is hard!
10:00 ToT
11:00 Toy Story
12:00 Muppets
Then don't know what do with my brother...we are going to Disney Springs late afternoon/early evening and then MK will probably be open until 11...I may make him some fast passes for MK that night and see if we have any luck grabbing some after we use up our DHS ones - maybe for Pirate, Thunder Mountain and Haunted Mansion? What would be our best bet?

10/29 (three of us, two sisters arrival day)
AK
11:00 am EE
12:00 pm Dinosaur
My sisters are on their own this day making fast passes! We have dinner at California Grill at 7:30, so I think they will head straight to MK

10/30 (all 5 of us from here on out)
Epcot
10:00 am Soarin
11:00 am LWL
12:00 pm SE
Test track we will try single rider, no one else wants to go on FEA! :)
maybe some pool time
Dinner at Chefs De France at 6:00

MK is night EMH - so we will try to snag fast passes for later at night after we use up our 3 at Epcot. We can do that, right?

10/31
Animal Kingdom (early entry - telling group they should go to River Journey so they can ride it and explore Pandora)
10:00 - Flights of Passage - will try for this time, but will take what we can get!
11:00 - Everest - figure we have until almost noon to walk over there
12:00 - Dinosaur
back to resort to relax if people want, dinner at Sanaa 5:30 and then back to AK to walk around at night (If open)

11/1
MK
11:00 - Thunder Mountain
12:00 - Pirates
2:00 - Mine Train
Dinner at Boathouse

11/2 (brother and one sister leave, so just 3 of us)
Plan is to destroy Food/Wine this day!
But first DHS
11:00 - ToT
Then ???

11/3 - go home and get our cats!!! :cat::cat: :love:

Sooo....any suggestions? :p

FINALLY have airfare booked, and also a room booked at Pop for arrival night because we added an extra day onto the front of our vacation b/c of flight availability. We land at 8:30pm, and will get our own bags since I do NOT want to wait for Disney to get them to us (because I will want to go to bed as soon as possible to be up for MK the next day, and in December it was late when we finally got our bags at the Boardwalk).

Up early the next morning to take our bags to bell services for transfer to the Poly and then off to the parks we'll go! I booked a preferred room for closeness to the lobby (although being in a renovated room in the 80s or 90s would be nice, they look great! but I think that would be wasted on us, since we're just there for sleeping) and crossing fingers for smooth transitions all around. I've never done a split stay before, even on the trip we didn't get to Wilderness Lodge until 1:00am, but there's always something new to do at WDW, lol!!

I've even pretty much settled on our basic daily plan, so this trip is finally getting a little love after being shoved to the back burner.

Will post this here too!

So this trip is harder as we have people joining us on different dates. We are all staying at Polynesian.
Plan is to do first 3 fast passes relatively early, then see what we can get later on. I'm not giving the entire plans for the day, just the fast passes...

10/25 - arrival day (just us two)
Magic Kingdom
5:00 - Peter Pan
Dinner at Skipper Canteen at 6
7:00 - Jungle Cruise
8:00 - Mine Train

10/26 (us two)
Epcot - early entry
If we do early entry, will probably try for Soarin first, then Test Track
9:00 am Spaceship Earth
10:00 am Living With The Land
11:00 am Frozen Ever After
Lunch at WCC at 1:45 then back to Poly for a nap. ;)
Halloween party at night, will get a bunch of rides done (hopefully anyways!)

10/27 (us two)
Animal Kingdom
10:00 am EE
6:45 pm Safari ride
We are saving FOP until everyone arrives, and this day we are going back to hotel for mid-day relaxing, then heading back to AK at night.

10/28 (us two morning, brother arrival day)
DHS - this one is hard!
10:00 ToT
11:00 Toy Story
12:00 Muppets
Then don't know what do with my brother...we are going to Disney Springs late afternoon/early evening and then MK will probably be open until 11...I may make him some fast passes for MK that night and see if we have any luck grabbing some after we use up our DHS ones - maybe for Pirate, Thunder Mountain and Haunted Mansion? What would be our best bet?

10/29 (three of us, two sisters arrival day)
AK
11:00 am EE
12:00 pm Dinosaur
My sisters are on their own this day making fast passes! We have dinner at California Grill at 7:30, so I think they will head straight to MK

10/30 (all 5 of us from here on out)
Epcot
10:00 am Soarin
11:00 am LWL
12:00 pm SE
Test track we will try single rider, no one else wants to go on FEA! :)
maybe some pool time
Dinner at Chefs De France at 6:00

MK is night EMH - so we will try to snag fast passes for later at night after we use up our 3 at Epcot. We can do that, right?

10/31
Animal Kingdom (early entry - telling group they should go to River Journey so they can ride it and explore Pandora)
10:00 - Flights of Passage - will try for this time, but will take what we can get!
11:00 - Everest - figure we have until almost noon to walk over there
12:00 - Dinosaur
back to resort to relax if people want, dinner at Sanaa 5:30 and then back to AK to walk around at night (If open)

11/1
MK
11:00 - Thunder Mountain
12:00 - Pirates
2:00 - Mine Train
Dinner at Boathouse

11/2 (brother and one sister leave, so just 3 of us)
Plan is to destroy Food/Wine this day!
But first DHS
11:00 - ToT
Then ???

11/3 - go home and get our cats!!! :cat::cat: :love:

Sooo....any suggestions? :p

LOL, we'll be at the Poly for some of the same dates but our planned park days are totally different! Maybe we'll wave at each other in the lobby sometime :) Just booked our outgoing flights too so it's nice to have that checked off. The return is still being...negotiated. I want one more day for F&W but I really don't think DH's work schedule in the Fall will allow for it.

LOL, we'll be at the Poly for some of the same dates but our planned park days are totally different! Maybe we'll wave at each other in the lobby sometime :) Just booked our outgoing flights too so it's nice to have that checked off. The return is still being...negotiated. I want one more day for F&W but I really don't think DH's work schedule in the Fall will allow for it.

haha! Or you'll see me ending each night with a glass of wine in the bar! (or on the beach)

Well the Dr. gave me the wait and see speech about everyone healing differently and complexity of the surgery he had and how they like to give conservative estimates on healing going in but... They only wrote his PE excuse through 9/28 and our trip starts 9/30 so it seems like a good chance that he will be healed enough for vigorous activity by then I'm thinking.

I wish I could fast forward the next 85 days!

Sending good thoughts your way!! My kiddo did something similar but with Heelies (ugh), broke both bones in his arm. It was a good 3-4 months before he was normal again. He broke his right arm, so I ended up writing out all his homework, with his direction. Long division was a pain!

Now that EMM and dessert parties are out, my plans are really starting to look real and I'm so freaking excited!

10/12 - Day 1: Magic Kingdom/Tomorrow Land

Lunch: Tony's Town Square - Festival of Fantasy Package (I know the reviews here are iffy, but we're giving it a whirl to secure a good parade spot.)

FP+ Hopes: Meet Mickey
Space Mountain for my husband, save the CS pass.
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Big Thunder Mountain for me, save the CS pass.

Dinner: Hoop Dee Doo Revue

Extra Magic: Mickey's Spooktacular In Room Celebration! (No one tell my husband how much it cost, mmkay? :ssst:)

10/13 - Day 2: Epcot/MNSSHP!

Breakfast: PPO Garden Grill

Rope drop Soarin, save the CS pass

FP+ Hopes: Frozen Ever After
Turtle Talk with Crush
Spaceship Earth

Lunch: Via Napoli (May cancel for QS)

Afternoon break at the resort (POFQ)

Dinner: California Grill

MNSSHP - We're doing the party twice. This is the night I hope to do the majority of big party events. Trick or treating, parade, show and fireworks. Anything that doesn't work out, we'll get another chance at.

10/14 - Day 3: Hollywood Studios

Breakfast: PPO Hollywood and Vine - Fantasmic Dining Package, sign kiddo up for Jedi Training

Rope Drop Rockin Roller Coaster, save CS pass

FP+ Hopes: Toy Story Mania
Frozen Sing Along
Tower of Terror for me, save CS pass
Star Tours for husband, save CS pass

Lunch: Sci-Fi Dine In

Afternoon break at resort

Dinner: 1900 Park Fare

Return to HS for either Fantasmic or Star Wars show. I have the Fantasmic dining package but we'll skip it if hubby would rather see Star Wars.

10/15 - Day 4: Animal Kingdom

Breakfast: PPO Tusker House - ROL Dining Package

Rope Drop Nav'i River Journey

FP+ Hopes: Flight of Passage for me, save CS pass
Expedition Everest for my husband, save CS pass
Kali River Rapids
Kilaminjaro Safari
Hoping to be done with all soon enough to get a second safari fastpass for night time

Lunch: QS or snacks

Early Dinner: Ohana, right now ADR is for 3:30. Hoping a 4:00 or 4:30 opens up.

Back to AK for ROL

10/16 - Day 5: Crazy Morning, Epcot and Date Night!

Breakfast: Ohana

Uber to Disney Springs for BBB appointment

Lunch: Akershus

FP+ Hopes: FEA again for me and my daughter
Test Track for husband, save CS pass

Date Night: Drop kiddo off at Kid's Club, express bus service between parks and make use of our CS hoard to ride rides together. Finish up at Epcot, hopefully catch part of Illuminations.

Late Dinner: Yachtsman's Steakhouse

10/17 - Day 6: Magic Kingdom/Fantasy Land, EMM and MNSSHP!

Breakfast: EMM buffet, (After riding 7DMT, Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh several times each!)

Rope Drop Enchanted Tales with Belle

FP+ Hopes: Small World
Barnstormer
Meet Ariel

Early Dinner/Late Lunch: Cinderella's Royal Table

MNSSHP: This is the night I plan to hunker down and get pics of my little with Jack and Sally and the Seven Dwarves. I'll be in line for J&S by 4:00 and head straight to the Dwarves. Then we're free to ride rides and see anything we may have missed at our first party. Low key, and we're able to leave early if we want.

10/18: Day 7- Magic Kingdom/Adventure Land & Frontier Land

Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare

FP+ Hopes: Jungle Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion

Lunch: QS

Dinner: Be Our Guest

HEA Dessert party, Plaza Garden View

10/19: Day 8 - Final Day:( Plan for Epcot, but flexible if there's another park we'd rather do

Breakfast: Trattoria Al Forno

FP+ Hopes: One last FEA for my kiddo

Explore World Showcase

Leave for airport about 2:00

I know my plans are pretty optimistic, but I'm well prepared to cancel reservations or adjust plans as things arise. This is the perfect world plan. I initially booked a Deluxe resort, but downgraded to a moderate so we could do Deluxe dining (character meals galore!), MNSSHP x2, EMM, dessert party and in room celebration. The more I plan, the happier I am with that choice. 33 Days until I'm FastPass+ official!

Oh you got my hopes up there saying dessert parties were out! Still no October star wars. I am loving how organised you are - that will be me, once SWDP drops!

All this F&W information is exciting!

Trying to settle in after returning from my small July trip. I want to finalize parks and FP+ for October before my window opens (still 40 days) and have a few things to tweak after visiting Pandora. What a beautiful area! I thought it was going to be MUCH larger for some reason.

All this F&W information is exciting!

Trying to settle in after returning from my small July trip. I want to finalize parks and FP+ for October before my window opens (still 40 days) and have a few things to tweak after visiting Pandora. What a beautiful area! I thought it was going to be MUCH larger for some reason.

There are just too many F&W events I would like to go to. Trying to determine whether having a 5 course food and wine pairing and a 6 course food and wine pairing on the same day is a good idea? :crazy: I'm guessing no.

There are just too many F&W events I would like to go to. Trying to determine whether having a 5 course food and wine pairing and a 6 course food and wine pairing on the same day is a good idea? :crazy: I'm guessing no.
It really depends on what and when. I know in the past I was so full and had a few extra drinks at the Italian lunch that I went back and took a nap. No way I could have done 2 that day. This year We are trying to only do one special event a day and snacking at the booths with shared snacks the rest of the time.

It really depends on what and when. I know in the past I was so full and had a few extra drinks at the Italian lunch that I went back and took a nap. No way I could have done 2 that day. This year We are trying to only do one special event a day and snacking at the booths with shared snacks the rest of the time.

HaHa, there is no way I would really be able to eat that much. I would regret it probably even before I got to the second event. :crazy2: Just too many events and not enough time or room in my belly.

Anyone have any other small trips before their Oct trip?

We are heading to SoCal for 4 nights at the end of July. We are staying at VGC, although my mother in law lives less than two miles from DLR. Picking up the Premier Pass, as we will hit DLR several more times through out the year when we visit family. I am *very* excited to see what they have done to Fantasmic!.

Otherwise we are at 87 days and counting!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter