***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Can we join? October 11-18 with a split stay: 2 bedroom villa at OKW followed by 2 bedroom at BWV....can't wait! We have everything booked except Pirates and Pals cruise and hopefully ROL dining package...still waiting on those to open.

Of course you can join, happy to have you! :) Welcome! :teleport:

FOOD/WINE UPDATE!!!

Hey all! Just added a couple of new links to the first post in the Food/Wine section. Looks like we will have more to eat than ever! 35 kiosks this year with new stuff including Spain and India!

Sooooo hungry......

And a reminder, check the first post once in a while for any updates I may have added, I do them as soon as I find out about them. But if you find out something first, let me know and I will certainly add it! Thanks everyone! :)

If it's OK, I'd love to join the list too!

My husband and 2 kids will be going from Oct 21 - 29, staying at The Beach Club. Can't wait! This will be our first Disney Fall vacation. We're hoping to purchase tickets for the Halloween party on the 26th!

I'm not sure how this works, but does Disney offer discounts or deals for the month of October? I booked my vacation through AAA and they said occasionally something will pop up and they may be able to apply it to my vacation package? I wasn't sure where to look or how that works.

Thank you! :)

If it's OK, I'd love to join the list too!

My husband and 2 kids will be going from Oct 21 - 29, staying at The Beach Club. Can't wait! This will be our first Disney Fall vacation. We're hoping to purchase tickets for the Halloween party on the 26th!

I'm not sure how this works, but does Disney offer discounts or deals for the month of October? I booked my vacation through AAA and they said occasionally something will pop up and they may be able to apply it to my vacation package? I wasn't sure where to look or how that works.

Thank you! :)

There sometimes are discounts but it seems most of October thus far looks to be blacked out for Free Dining packages, if that is what you are looking for. I do see a general public 15%-30% discount but only good through the first week of October. If by any chance you're an AP or Florida resident there may be some room only discounts coming this summer but compared to other years of Disney discounts, other than that I don't see much available according to Mousesavers. The openings of Pandora and ROL may be a factor.

Here's a link that may help. https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

Last edited:

ADRs revised and almost done :scratchin because I'm still trying to decide whether to do ISDP for 10/29.party:

Check-in 10/24/17 Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village Studio Savanna view
10/24: Sanaa Lounge or The Mara since we arrive at MCO at 6:05 PM and who knows if we'll be able to get to a dining reservation or EPCOT since it's open until 11:00 pm.
10/25: Jungle Skipper Canteen Lunch @ 11:30 AM and California Grill Dinner @ 9:35 PM (1st timer) and we'll be in place for the HEA Fireworks.
10/26: Rose & Crown Lunch 12:15 PM (eat here every trip. It's tradition.:drinking1) & MNSSHP night.
10/27: Boma Breakfast (1st timer) 8:00 AM & Jiko Dinner @ 8:20 PM. Tuna is gone :crazy2: and the halibut is back.:lovestruc No ROL this evening so a good chance I won't catch it this trip with all the evening plans.
10/28: Coral Reef Lunch @ 1:00 PM.
Check-in 10/29/17 Boardwalk Villas - 1 BR Boardwalk View
10/29: Narcoosee's Brunch @ 12:00 PM OR Yachtsman Steakhouse Dinner @ 7:40 PM (or MAYBE AND IT'S A BIG MAYBE Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party (also 1st time) that evening :confused: Boardwalk Margarita night cap.:thumbsup2
10/30: Hollywood Brown Derby Dinner 5:00 then SWGS. A good night for AbracadaBar me thinks!
10/31: Artist Point Dinner @ 6:00 PM or Narcoosee's Dinner @ 8:40 PM. Also would like to catch Hallowishes Fireworks and I want a good place to see them.
11/01: Flying Fish Dinner 5:30 having pork belly dreams:cloud9: and of course another good reason for an pre- or post-meal AbracadaBar visitation and topping off the night with a Boardwalk Margarita.
11/02: Departure day Kona Cafe breakfast @ 10:00 AM.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! This thread is extremely helpful thank you for all of these resources! My DGF and I are visiting from 10/20 - 10/26, staying at AoA LM, but looking to switch to WL, AKL, or POR if there are discounts announced. It's her first time staying on property and our first time using the DDP and ADRs (Any Disney Table Service actually). We can't wait for MNSSHP!

Hello!
My family of 7 will be at Disneyworld from 9/30-10/10. We can't wait! Thank you for starting this thread for October stays. My kids are looking forward to MNSSHP, it's been 4 years since our last visit when they ALL went dressed as ELSA. That was too funny :P We are trying ASSports this time around and really looking forward to the F&W festival. This is our absolute favorite time of the year to visit Disney and we are excited!:D

Last edited:
Let's talk. :chat:

What do you all do on arrival day? This year is different for us as we usually stay at Beach Club, so we just wander into Epcot. This trip we are at Polynesian.

So if all goes according to plan, we land in Orlando about 9:42 am. Let's say we are at Polynesian by noon. We don't have anything planned until dinner at 6:10 at Skipper Canteen.
We will make some fast passes for after dinner (Wednesday, non party night).

I was thinking of maybe going over to Disney Springs for a couple of hours in the afternoon. It will be a Wednesday, so hopefully not packed. I can do some shopping, we can get a drink or something, then head back to Poly before heading over to Magic Kingdom. This way we can see it during the day, as we plan to be there a few nights during the trip.

It's a bit odd for us as we usually do a park first thing, but I figure we'll be going to Magic Kingdom later that evening anyways.

Soooo, that's an idea I'm toying with.

How about you?

@Farro, we get in on Thursday but don't have flights booked get. Hoping to get in around 1, then assuming Magic Express gets us to the Poly around 2ish, I'm hoping we'll be able to check in and then go straight to the pool. Then drinks/snacks at Trader Sam's, either inside if possible or out on the porch. Then dinner at Ohana. I've learned with small kids it's best to stick to the resort the first day and not try to overplan. Not sure what I'll do if it's pouring though.

We usually take our arrival day to explore the resort and get some food at Disney Springs, there are so many new restaurants that I want to try. This year we are hoping to upgrade to Annual Passholders so if thats the case we will probably hit up Epcot for some F&W fun.

We will drive in that day and we have never done this before but we are starting out the trip with a character dinner at 1900 Park Fare on the day of our arrival. Then on to Disney Springs and then back to the resort to sleep. We will probably be really tired by then, or I will be really tired by then.

Well my mom has mentioned she wants to come along with us since it's a shortish trip, so now we're at POR in an accessible room (she needs the rails for safety). Usually we hit a park for at least a few hours but she probably won't feel up to it. So instead we will probably hit the pool and then after an early dinner she will rest and we can head to a park for a few fast passes. Guess I better update my signature!

We all seem to have similar first day plans - just easing into the trip. :)

I know MK will be packed our first night since it's one of the only non-party nights. I want to completely avoid the HUB area around fireworks time. We should be done eating around 7:15 or so, I will make fast passes after that. I doubt we will get much else done but that's okay. We can ride the people mover and just be happy we are back!

I just read the best thing!!!

I had absolutely no idea that you are now able to book you 4th fast pass IN ANOTHER PARK!!!
Last time we went this was not allowed. You couldn't even book a 4th.

Wow! This definitely makes things more interesting...

As I will be flying in from the UK I wont get to the resort until after 7pm sometime so it will be check in, get to room dump stuff and then go find something to eat before heading back to the room and sorting out before my first full day on the Monday.

Oh my... My trip planning has been all over the place. LOL.. ADRs were on Tuesday and instead of being able to do them bright and early I had to wait until later that day due to issues with employees at my job (hate doing investigations into possible disciplanary actions-- UGH :confused3

Anyway- I was able to still snag a few places I really wanted to try. I am going by myself this time and I am going to try a few new places that I can't try when I travel with family due to them not really wanting to ventrure from what we have done before. So here is my plan as it stands right now.

October 28th- Arriving at the Contemporary for a one night stay in a Garden Wing Standard View. Will more than likely just do pizza or may venture out depending on how I feel. Will be driving in that day so it will just depend on how tired I am.

October 29th- Moving over to BLT for the rest of my trip. This is going to be a very leisure day since it is my MNSSHP night. Hang by the pool, etc.
Breakfast- KONA at 730am. First time here. Really looking forward it to.
Lunch- The Plaza at 245pm (figure it would be a good time to head over to MK, however I may change this but I want to try the Plaza)
Dinner- Snacks, Snacks, Snacks (lol)

October 30th- This is a AK/Epcot day.
Breakfast- Pick up something at Contempo Cafe
Lunch- Not quite sure yet. Leaving AK fairly early this day. Probably just pick something either at the resort or at Epcot (food and wine snacks)
Dinner- Monsiure Paul at 7pm. I have always wanted to try this place but my sister and niece have always shyed away from trying it.

October 31st- Probably another AK/EPCOT day but not sure. May do MK that morning and then decide my evening park on that day
Breakfast- 8:20am at 1900 Park Fare. One of my sort of repeats this trip. Haven't been there since my first trip in 2009. I really enjoyed it.
Lunch- Again, not sure. I am not a really huge mid-day eater but if at Epcot I will more than likely hit Yorkshire County Fish Shop or enjoy more Food and Wine snacks :flower1:
Dinner- 800pm at Beaches and Cream. I want to check the Beach Club Resort area.

November 1st- NOt really sure about this day in terms of of Parks. I may do MK/AK but not reallly sure.
Breakfast- 850am at Crystal Palace. Have only done lunch or dinner here (can't remember exactly). But this is a day that I am going back and forth on.
Lunch- No idea
Dinner- No idea.

November 2nd- My 40th Birthday. This will be a MK day for sure.
Breakfast- 950am BOG
Lunch- No idea
Dinner- 745pm at STK at Disney Springs

November 3rd- Check out day :sad2:
May go back to MK for a few hours or just get a nice breakfast somehere and head home. I will have a 12 hour drive back.

So hopefully this trip will be 100% by around October 27th LOL.

Also flying in from UK so similar plans to LieutLaww. Check in probably around 7pm, find our room and then grab something to eat and maybe the first cocktail (or two) of the holiday. Up early the next morning and off to EPCOT for EMH.

Just out of interest, can you take drinks from the hotel bar back to your room to have out on the balcony?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter