Epcot Day 4 (11/15)

Sorry about my “block paragraph” reports...didn’t realize they were so hard on the eyes😂.

We only had about 5 hours at Epcot due to our airline mess in Wednesday, so we tried to make the most of it. Unfortunately, it was our least successful day at the parks. Between weekend crowds and construction walls, our experience there was just OK.

We got there early and went straight to Test Track where we waited about 20 minutes before they announced that they didn’t know when they would be able to open. We then hustled to Frozen which was already an 80 min wait so we bailed and finally got to Soarin which was only 20 minutes.

Quick lunch at Sunshine Seasons and then hit Land ride and Nemo ride. Both were ok but forgettable. By this time TT was open and we waited 50 but it was fun and worth the wait. Then did Spaceship Earth and Mission Space both about 20 minutes and enjoyable. By then we only had about 45 min to walk around the World Showcase and eat a few pastries before heading to the airport.

Biggest surprise: We all really liked Mission Space and thought it was a very cool experience.
Biggest disappointment: Not getting to do much of anything in World Showcase really stunk but we didn’t have much of a choice.
Other thoughts: I don’t think we will return to Epcot until all the renovations are done and the new rides open. Just felt kind of old and not as “magical” as the other parks☹️

Overall we had a great quick little trip and can’t wait to return (hopefully it won’t take another 14 years to return:).

Anyone know if drinking fountains are operable? We usually bring our reusable water canteens and fill them while at the parks.

I just wanted to update on masks since we have experienced a few more days. After our first day at HS, mask compliance has been MUCH better. I haven’t really seen any issues at all (MK, Epcot, and another day at HS).

Well....except for me. 🤭
I somehow managed to make it all the way from the Diamond Horseshoe to the line at Haunted Mansion without a mask before the CM said something. 😳 I just plain forgot to put it on after dinner! Thankfully the CM was on the ball and said something. So embarrassing!

I’ve been here since Monday, and I’d say mask compliance is excellent — even better than in September. The new announcements seem to be making a difference.

It’s so easy to forget especially when you are fatigued from a long day. I had a metal slip tonight going to pick up my mobile order at the Boardwalk Bakery. I made it from my room to the BW lobby, where a CM reminded me. :oops: It was totally inadvertent, she was very nice about it and I thanked her. I wonder how many people they have to remind in a day.

Epcot Day 4 (11/15)

Sorry about my “block paragraph” reports...didn’t realize they were so hard on the eyes😂.

We only had about 5 hours at Epcot due to our airline mess in Wednesday, so we tried to make the most of it. Unfortunately, it was our least successful day at the parks. Between weekend crowds and construction walls, our experience there was just OK.

We got there early and went straight to Test Track where we waited about 20 minutes before they announced that they didn’t know when they would be able to open. We then hustled to Frozen which was already an 80 min wait so we bailed and finally got to Soarin which was only 20 minutes.

Quick lunch at Sunshine Seasons and then hit Land ride and Nemo ride. Both were ok but forgettable. By this time TT was open and we waited 50 but it was fun and worth the wait. Then did Spaceship Earth and Mission Space both about 20 minutes and enjoyable. By then we only had about 45 min to walk around the World Showcase and eat a few pastries before heading to the airport.

Biggest surprise: We all really liked Mission Space and thought it was a very cool experience.
Biggest disappointment: Not getting to do much of anything in World Showcase really stunk but we didn’t have much of a choice.
Other thoughts: I don’t think we will return to Epcot until all the renovations are done and the new rides open. Just felt kind of old and not as “magical” as the other parks☹

Overall we had a great quick little trip and can’t wait to return (hopefully it won’t take another 14 years to return:).

I think I see where you went wrong here - I don't see that you rode Figment and well...obviously...

it's the best ride in Epcot.

Maybe next time....

I have really appreciated the information on this thread for planning our current trip so I wanted to chime in. We were at Universal Studios for 3 days this week and had a blast, and now we are on day 3 of 5 at Disney. It’s honestly been an amazing trip! Sure, the weather is perfect this week so the masks are hardly a bother (I can see how they would be awful in the summer heat), and we are used to Fast Passing literally every ride possible so the lines are a bit different, yet very tolerable with our 11 and 7 year old . We have done everything we set out to do and have really enjoyed “rejoining society” for a bit. It’s been laid back not having to plan every minute and instead just riding the next ride closest to our current location. We fly down every year so we were on the fence about spending the same amount of money for “less,” but it’s been worth every penny. If you are concerned about your personal health risks and you are going to spend your trip policing everyone else’s noses and masks and worrying yourself to death, this is not the time for you to come (honestly I haven’t noticed anyone intentionally violating the policies). But if you’re ready, and you really need your Disney fix like me, It’s a great time!

You were that far back because Disney more than likely, based upon our experience in October, actually began temp screening and opened the IG at 10:15 a.m. or so. We were first on TT the first day we rope dropped and no one had even entered the front of the park yet. We entered the IG queue at 9:45 a.m. or so. Our last day we didn't enter that queue until 10:20 or so and the queue was all the way over the bridge that leads to BWI. If you didn't wait at IG, that would be because those who were there early were already through the gate and waiting for their first attraction.

Running to TT may not have gotten you much either--it also doesn't begin until closer to 11:00. One of the days we rope dropped and were first, it began about 10 minutes prior and the queue outside was up to an hour or more at that point.

Yes, we were at Epcot on Monday, Nov 16th and they started temp checks at the IG about 10:15. We went straight to Frozen and were 3rd group in line; on the ride at 10:35. From there, we headed straight to TT, in line at 10:50, off by 11:15. Next, Soarin, in line at 11:40, off by 12:10.

Here now, completed day 4 of 7 today having done all 4 parks. It’s my Dad’s 60th birthday trip so it’s been more about him which has forced me to slow down lol. Our group the first three days was myself, DW, Dad (60) and his DW and my DS (4). Today DS (18) and DS (17) flew in and joined us. Dad and his DW are leaving tomorrow morning and the rest of us are here til Monday 11/23.

We did Epcot Monday and, unfortunately, it was a bit of a letdown. The construction through the spine really just gets in the way and the walls definitely make it clear you are in a construction zone. We arrived about 12:30 after flying in that morning. Meandered a bit and did Soarin. It was basically a walk-on about 1:15 or so. Also managed to get in Frozen, Test Track, Mission Space, Nemo and a quick walk around World Showcase before leaving about 7 for dinner off-property. Mask compliance was great, even for DS (4)! Overall Epcot felt fairly empty except for the lines to get onto Frozen and Test Track (and the Mexico Pavilion but we didn’t go in).

Tuesday was MK, didn’t do any rope drop craziness, but did Lyft to contemporary to walk over about 30 minutes before the official opening. The park was of course open already. Rode Pooh while Dad waited in the line SDMT line that wasn’t yet moving. Then SDMT and followed up with essentially every ride except HM, Jungle Cruise, Small World, and Hall of Presidents. Lunch at Pecos Bill and caught one of the “parades” after. Had some down time to sit and enjoy lights and castle after dark while DS slept before leaving about 7 for dinner. MK was definitely more crowded, saw very few mask-rule breakers and was constantly reminded to not eat in the queue...but it finally felt like Disney with the atmosphere (and crowds...) etc. Chased a few parades to catch them but if you one in Frontierland there’s plenty of time to slip through Adventureland to catch it at the hub. However all of the ones we saw followed that route EXCEPT for the last Santa which did the route in reverse (starting Main St).

Wednesday was AK and it’s clear the shows are missing. We typically can’t get everything in here in a day but today was different...we probably could have done the park in 5-6 hours and been fine. Avatar at open (we arrived via off-property hotel bus 30 minutes before open) was a 40+ minute trudge from Pandora to Harambe and back. Other than that we didn’t wait in many lines of consequence (skipped Navi because I’ll only do that again as a walk on). DW’s rode Everest 3x. Again mask compliance was great, the few I saw were embarrassed more than anything about forgetting when a CM politely reminded them. Also got stuck on Dinosaur so we got FP’s for anything other than Avatar/Navi but the park was so uncrowded we stopped at guest services and they swapped it to Hollywood for us the next day with much more restrictions (we ended up choosing Star Tours because it’s one of the DW’s favorites).

Okay I’m done lol. Next time I’ll add our Hollywood day (I got a boarding group!) (but Dad didn’t).

Okay I’m done lol. Next time I’ll add our Hollywood day (I got a boarding group!) (but Dad didn’t).

Try talking to a guest relations CM. They may be able to add him to your group since you’ll take up one vehicle anyway.

Is Frozen at Epcot pretty much a long wait all day or is there generally a time of day when the wait is not as long? Is it usually longest at rope drop because everyone goes there first and would it be better to wait to ride it? That is main priority at Epcot for our Frozen-obsessed 6 year old in addition to trying to see the Anna and Elsa cavalcade.

I’ll be at MK tomorrow. We are staying at BLT. What time has the temp check been opening if we walk over? We’d like to maximize our time!

I’ll be at MK tomorrow. We are staying at BLT. What time has the temp check been opening if we walk over? We’d like to maximize our time!
I was there on Sunday, 11/8, and with a 9AM opening, they let the walk-over crowd start temp checks at 7:56AM. We arrived there at 7:42AM and were 7-8 families back.

You won't be able to check out the resorts unless you have a dining reservation there, or have a mobile order at their quick service/food court. Otherwise, they are not allowing visitors to resorts.

Is the no visitor to resorts policy new? We stayed at the GF in October and went to Poly several times.

Is Frozen at Epcot pretty much a long wait all day or is there generally a time of day when the wait is not as long? Is it usually longest at rope drop because everyone goes there first and would it be better to wait to ride it? That is main priority at Epcot for our Frozen-obsessed 6 year old in addition to trying to see the Anna and Elsa cavalcade.
It’s a long wait all day. We were there on Monday, and it did not drop until close to closing when it went to 35 min. We were staying at the Swan, so we walked over to the IG about 9:45 am (official open was 11:00). They started temp checks at 10:15 and we went straight to Frozen. We were third group in line and were off the ride by10:35. If you can get to the IGthat early, that’s the best way to ride it without having to wait in line.

Does anyone here have recent reports on what time the parking lots are opening at the various parks? Is it still about 45 min prior to park opening? Would love anyone's recent experience with this. I know it can also change day to day. I am thinking of turning up about an hour prior and if not yet open to line up, pulling over until they are open?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter