Yes, they explained that they were and I responded but after the shock of someone being asked to leave their room when a CM went in today, I was concerned. There is just too much happening right now that it's sometimes hard to tell when someone is joking. Until a couple of hours ago I would have thought someone was joking when they were resting, a CM knocked, asked them to leave their room, closed the door and did who knows what inside their room at a time when Disney is not cleaning rooms. That's not normal so this 'joke' was concerning to me. A case of poor timing.

yes, I agree. This is very concerning. I would have said, Wait just a minute, closed the door on them and called housekeeping from the button on the room phone. Very strange request.

So this is the first time I’ve had this experience....was just lying down in resort room because I had a bad headache. There was a knock at door and when I answered I was told told I had to step out of my room and wait outside so the CM/housekeeping person could come in and inspect she then closed the door in my face and was inside for several minutes....what is being inspected??? are they going through my things? It doesn’t take several minutes to walk in and walk back out...during previous visits I have had a knock at door by housekeeping person who asks if I need anything while looking into the room but I’ve never been told to leave the room so they can go in...

uh...just tell them no and do not admit them. No way I let a housekeeper displace me from my room. EVER!!

Last week we were laying in our beds watching tv getting resting up for After Hours and they called and asked to have someone come in. I said sure we are just watching tv because I already knew about them coming in inspecting the rooms. It wasn’t 2 minutes when I heard a knock. I opened the door and let them in. They just looked in toward the beds and went in the bathroom then said thank you and walked out. They never said you have to leave the room and they called and asked if it was okay.

I am definitely not joking about being told to step out of my own room....and I’m definitely going to go to front desk first thing in the morning.
I 100% believe you!! Hopefully you can get some information when you go to the front desk.

It was the person teasing about being charged to not clean the room that I was talking about ill timing.

I fully believe what happened to you and it’s unlike anything I’ve ever heard of at Disney since the security checks were implemented years ago. Please let us know what happens when you follow up with the front desk.

Last week we were laying in our beds watching tv getting resting up for After Hours and they called and asked to have someone come in. I said sure we are just watching tv because I already knew about them coming in inspecting the rooms. It wasn’t 2 minutes when I heard a knock. I opened the door and let them in. They just looked in toward the beds and went in the bathroom then said thank you and walked out. They never said you have to leave the room and they called and asked if it was okay.
Yes, yours is what more commonly happens. There isn’t always a call but it is common for someone to knock, look around, offer to take garbage, etc. Glad you received a more ‘normal’ security check than the one that happened above.

I 100% believe you!! Hopefully you can get some information when you go to the front desk.

It was the person teasing about being charged to not clean the room that I was talking about ill timing.

I fully believe what happened to you and it’s unlike anything I’ve ever heard of at Disney since the security checks were implemented years ago. Please let us know what happens when you follow up with the front desk.

Yes, yours is what more commonly happens. There isn’t always a call but it is common for someone to knock, look around, offer to take garbage, etc. Glad you received a more ‘normal’ security check than the one that happened above.
Yes I would feel uncomfortable if the made us leave and shut the door. That’s just odd.

So this is the first time I’ve had this experience....was just lying down in resort room because I had a bad headache. There was a knock at door and when I answered I was told told I had to step out of my room and wait outside so the CM/housekeeping person could come in and inspect she then closed the door in my face and was inside for several minutes....what is being inspected??? are they going through my things? It doesn’t take several minutes to walk in and walk back out...during previous visits I have had a knock at door by housekeeping person who asks if I need anything while looking into the room but I’ve never been told to leave the room so they can go in...
I’ve read other reports of people being asked to step out of their rooms for a room inspection (since COVID) but a room inspection that takes several minutes seems unusually long.

Since the time they started the room inspections (after the mass shooting in Vegas), there have been reports here of inconsistent practices and inconsistent attitudes on the part of the people doing the inspecting. Sometimes the person insists that the inspection must be done immediately, sometimes they are willing to come back later. Sometimes they insist that you leave the room, sometimes they let you stay in the room.

We don't know if the inconsistencies are the result of poor training, or are intentional so that any potential "bad guys" don't know what to expect.

There have been numerous threads on this issue since the room inspections started.

@ Best Aunt that actually makes complete sense. There should be no consistency . There is way to much information available online if anyone planning something nefarious was researching . Yes it is an awkward and annoying position to be put in, but this is the world we live in.

Do the room checks happen if you leave the room every day and take the "room occupied" tag off the door? I'd hate to get a room check during a brief nap window when they could do it any time while we're at the parks.

Do the room checks happen if you leave the room every day and take the "room occupied" tag off the door? I'd hate to get a room check during a brief nap window when they could do it any time while we're at the parks.
Yes, I think they try to do it when you're not there. So we try to remember to take the "room occupied" hangtag off when we leave.

They happen if the sign is up or not as they are meant to be a safety visit so unplanned, at various times if the day and in spite of the sign being up.

Sadly they are in place due to the situation that happened in Las Vegas and, child trafficking.

They happen if the sign is up or not as they are meant to be a safety visit so unplanned, at various times if the day and in spite of the sign being up.

Sadly they are in place due to the situation that happened in Las Vegas and, child trafficking.

Update:
so I posted yesterday about being asked to step out of my room while housekeeping woman did an inspection.....I did go to front desk and described how I was asked to ”step out of my room“ and then had door closed in my face for several minutes during which time I stood outside the closed door. The CM I spoke with asked me to wait while she went and got a manager who then listened to my story and asked me to wait while she went and called housekeeping manager...15 minutes later manager and CM returned and told me that what happened was unacceptable and they apologized. Apparently immediately following resorts re-opening after closures due to COVID-19 housekeeping was only supposed to enter an empty room but that practice eneded months ago. So basically I got an apology....a few minutes after returning to my room the phone rang and it was the “housekeeping manager” she stated that the reason the person was so long in my room with me was because she was doing a “full cleaning and changing the sheets.“. I said “no that absolutely did not happen! i received towels service and trash was emptied on Sat and yesterday was Sunday and it was an inspection and nothing more and now I would really like to know why this woman is claiming to have done a a full service and what exactly she did do during the time she was in the room.
Meanwhile, while I was in lobby at front desk the towels were replaced and trash emptie. Sheets on bed are same sheets I’ve had since check in.
I arrived on Tuesday 11/30 and I’m checking out tomorrow.

Update:
so I posted yesterday about being asked to step out of my room while housekeeping woman did an inspection.....I did go to front desk and described how I was asked to ”step out of my room“ and then had door closed in my face for several minutes during which time I stood outside the closed door. The CM I spoke with asked me to wait while she went and got a manager who then listened to my story and asked me to wait while she went and called housekeeping manager...15 minutes later manager and CM returned and told me that what happened was unacceptable and they apologized. Apparently immediately following resorts re-opening after closures due to COVID-19 housekeeping was only supposed to enter an empty room but that practice eneded months ago. So basically I got an apology....a few minutes after returning to my room the phone rang and it was the “housekeeping manager” she stated that the reason the person was so long in my room with me was because she was doing a “full cleaning and changing the sheets.“. I said “no that absolutely did not happen! i received towels service and trash was emptied on Sat and yesterday was Sunday and it was an inspection and nothing more and now I would really like to know why this woman is claiming to have done a a full service and what exactly she did do during the time she was in the room.
Meanwhile, while I was in lobby at front desk the towels were replaced and trash emptie. Sheets on bed are same sheets I’ve had since check in.
I'm so glad they took your situation seriously and like you, now wondering why the person made up a story. Hopefully housekeeping will follow-up with this woman, knowing that someone has reported her behaviour.

Thank you for confirming for us that guests being asked to leave the room during a room check is no longer the accepted practice at Disney. This was my understanding too so I was shocked when I heard what had happened to you!

It will be interesting to learn if you hear back again. Sadly I'm guessing it will be no but I hope they follow-up on this.

Thank you for being proactive and bringing this to the attention of resort management. Hopefully your actions will stop this from happening to someone else!

Update:
I'm thinking a number of things happened. The person from housekeeping either hadn't gotten the info. about no longer being required to only enter an empty room or had received the info. but was choosing to ignore it because she didn't feel comfortable being in a closed space with a stranger. If that were the case, she could have asked you leave the room but left the door open, seems to me that would have made more sense if she was worried about Covid any way since an open door with fresh air flowing has to be better than a closed door with forced air blowing. The second thing that happened was her supervisor called her on the carpet and thinking on her feet she came up with well I was doing a room clean. I'm thinking it didn't occur to her you would be around to dispute her. Being asked to step out of the room wouldn't have bothered me as much as the closed door would have. Like you I would have been wondering what she was doing in my room with the door closed. Even had she been cleaning the room, they usually leave the doors open when they do that.

I fear our normal tactics will not work. We can rope drop, but on site guests will already be in and lines already long. We Genie+ and ILL return times may be later in the day.

We stay off property and as we are new AP holders, we don’t want to pay for LL. We most definitely have had to change our traditional touring plans. You are right: the headliners are already backed up at rope drop due to resort guests. We still rope drop, but get as many of the “mid level” rides done as quickly as possible. Decide throughout the day how long you do or do not want to wait for the headliners. Then “park close is the new rope drop” is our family motto as the crowds usually thin.

We arrived home late Saturday after a very last minute trip 11/30-12/4. We had one day at each park.

A few take aways from the trip:

1. If you are at all concerned about Covid, I would not advise going at this time. There were sick, coughing people throughout every park, every day. This was definitely a change from our previous trips in April 2021 and November 2020. Also, there is zero social distancing in any theater or on buses, etc. We were crammed in like sardines once again. It was hard to enjoy the Muppet show when the man in front of me kept taking down his mask to blow his nose.

2. Genie+ worked fairly well for MK and HS, though I HATE not being able to schedule LLs further out in the day. It caused me to have to be on my phone constantly waiting for the time we wanted. Also I didn’t like being able to schedule only one LL for each ride. I guess if there is a ride you really like, you have to rope drop it and schedule a LL later to ride it more than once (with minimal waits).

3. Genie+ was a waste for Epcot. We basically paid $15 each to ride Test Track. We rope dropped Soarin and the other LL rides were walk ons.

4. Genie+ wasn’t really needed at AK either. We basically only used it for the Safari. Rope dropping and being at the parks early is really all you need to do for AK.

5. I actually thought the ILLs were better than the regular LLs because you could schedule them for whenever you wanted. But it was obnoxious having to pay for them (especially Seven Dwarves which is over before you blink). We ended up purchasing a LL for Space Mountain we didn’t need, which was annoying.

6.The fireworks show at MK was awful. I wouldn’t even bother staying to watch it in the future, much less waste money on a dessert party (those were some expensive chocolate covered strawberries we ate!)

7. We had fun, but it just wasn’t the same Disney that left me so starry-eyed back in 2017. I can’t believe how quickly it all changed and it makes me sad. I am getting less and less willing to shell out the increasingly large amount of money it takes to go to WDW. But apparently others feel differently because the parks were as packed as I have ever seen them.

This just does not seem right. I, for one, will stand my ground and tell them heck no! They are more than welcome to come in and do the "Room Check" but I will refuse to leave. They may call security on me but I read through what I could and no where does it state that they will require you to leave the room. Something isn't right with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter