Just tried joining the ROTR virtual queue right at 7am. Something is structurally wrong with the system if I tried to join within 3 seconds and couldn't. Disney can't be serious that a whole day's worth of people joined in the 2 seconds before I did. If that is the case, Disney has miserably failed at attraction/crowd management.

I will be back on at 1pm, but this is stupid. I mean, I was there the very first day it opened. If I could get a boarding pass without a problem on opening day, no one is going to convince me that all the passes went in 2 seconds on a random Monday morning.
You have to do it at 6:59.59 using time.gov. If you were early, you need to pull down to refresh.

Here now at HS.
It’s 9:13.
got in line to MMRR at 8:51. List time 45 min wait.

the park is PACKED. Slinky is at 100 min. Swarms of people. No social distancing. Sweat rolling down our backs.

we actually got here at 8:07 and rushed to tap in, only to find out our annual passes weren’t activated. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I specifically asked over the phone, if the passes were active and she said yes. We only needed to go to guest services to get the physical card, for discounts- which doesn’t affect us bc we are dvc. So didn’t cross my mind.
Went to guest services which took 30 minutes of I don’t know what the *f was taking so long as I had my confirmation number, ID, and dvc numbers out and ready, sweating and watching literally thousands of people walk by.

this park is a disaster.

I suggest timing things so that you are on Dumbo, BTMR, Splash, etc. any outdoor ride behind the castle will do. It sounds hard, but the show is long enough that it’s totally doable. It’s much more magical than standing in the hub with a billion hot sweaty people. ;)
Would people mover work for some view of the fireworks?

I kept refreshing over and over and yes if 2 seconds of 10,000 people were ahead of you, you didn’t get a BP. Happened to me once.

today, we got one. Group 15. Xmas miracle bc this park today is a poop show.
I don't want to take this thread off topic, but the 'refresh' method is not generally considered the best method for securing a BG. I would encourage you to read post 1 of the BG thread which describes the 'join' method - which is what the vast majority of people on the boards use and are successful almost all of the time.

I don't want to take this thread off topic, but the 'refresh' method is not generally considered the best method for securing a BG. I would encourage you to read post 1 of the BG thread which describes the 'join' method - which is what the vast majority of people on the boards use and are successful almost all of the time.
Totally agree and encourage trying the "join" method. I'm 7 for 8 doing it this way and the time I missed was a distraction on my part, not the "Join" process.

(OT but "refresh" also hung me up when doing my SW check in last week, so different situation, but definitely delayed me),

Would people mover work for some view of the fireworks?
Yes!!! We've done that too. You will definitely miss parts on the indoor parts, and views aren't as open as the other rides I mentioned, but it's a great place to do that.

Here now at HS.
It’s 9:13.
got in line to MMRR at 8:51. List time 45 min wait.

the park is PACKED. Slinky is at 100 min. Swarms of people. No social distancing. Sweat rolling down our backs.

we actually got here at 8:07 and rushed to tap in, only to find out our annual passes weren’t activated. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I specifically asked over the phone, if the passes were active and she said yes. We only needed to go to guest services to get the physical card, for discounts- which doesn’t affect us bc we are dvc. So didn’t cross my mind.
Went to guest services which took 30 minutes of I don’t know what the *f was taking so long as I had my confirmation number, ID, and dvc numbers out and ready, sweating and watching literally thousands of people walk by.

this park is a disaster.

Thats just standard times with AP activations, new or renewals. Im not sure what takes so long but its always a 15-30 minute process once its your turn with a CM. They have to print the new cards, verify IDs, etc. We alway make sure to visit guest services the night before when we have to activate.

I hesitate to post this, but ultimately think it may be helpful. I don't want to break the rules of this forum by discussing it, so this is for informational purposes only as people plan their trips.

My husband and I both have Covid and undoubtedly caught it at Disney. We are both fully vaccinated. He started feeling bad on the night we got home. We thought it was colds at first but he lost his smell yesterday and got tested. I'm so thankful we went into isolation as a precaution as soon as we got home so no one else was exposed.

I'm heartbroken because we thought we were being careful. Stay healthy everyone.

I’m 6 for 6 at 7am, 2 for 2 at the old 10am, and 1 for 1 at 1pm doing the refresh method, so it must just be luck or quick fingers.

I guess the reports of fewer people on July 30, were a blip on the radar and not a new trend. Darn!

I hesitate to post this, but ultimately think it may be helpful. I don't want to break the rules of this forum by discussing it, so this is for informational purposes only as people plan their trips.

My husband and I both have Covid and undoubtedly caught it at Disney. We are both fully vaccinated. He started feeling bad on the night we got home. We thought it was colds at first but he lost his smell yesterday and got tested. I'm so thankful we went into isolation as a precaution as soon as we got home so no one else was exposed.

I'm heartbroken because we thought we were being careful. Stay healthy everyone.
At this point I'm planning on coming home with Covid. I can't believe that I typed those words and that we're still not going to cancel.

I'm sorry it happened to you, but happy that you self quarantined out of caution! We are planning to do that as well.

I’d love to know whether you were wearing masks outside and in during your trip, how you approached dining, etc (stuff that’s not an issue in terms of Disney rules - and not a judgement, I’ve been there twice during covid, I’m just curious) but that side discussion seems likely to take this thread downhill.

Far more importantly - I’m so sorry. Wishing you both a speedy and full recovery.

Just tried joining the ROTR virtual queue right at 7am. Something is structurally wrong with the system if I tried to join within 3 seconds and couldn't. Disney can't be serious that a whole day's worth of people joined in the 2 seconds before I did. If that is the case, Disney has miserably failed at attraction/crowd management.

I will be back on at 1pm, but this is stupid. I mean, I was there the very first day it opened. If I could get a boarding pass without a problem on opening day, no one is going to convince me that all the passes went in 2 seconds on a random Monday morning.

The only thing that I can add is that I recommend downloading this app and checking your speeds with WiFi turned on versus WiFi off (relying your cellular data instead.). Our Verizon is way faster than Wi-Fi at the resorts or in the parks. So when I am trying for a boarding group we all turn our Wi-Fi off. However it depends on where you are and what your cellular service is.
B433C0B8-9255-49F8-8074-663EE6BEC3F1.jpeg
In the Speedtest App go which ever service gives you the LOWEST ping and the HIGHEST Mbps.

For what it’s worth, we are 3 for 3 using the refresh method starting a few seconds before 7 AM.

Dan

my "love" emoji is more of a heart/caring for you

I’d love to know whether you were wearing masks outside and in during your trip, how you approached dining, etc (stuff that’s not an issue in terms of Disney rules - and not a judgement, I’ve been there twice during covid, I’m just curious) but that side discussion seems likely to take this thread downhill.

Far more importantly - I’m so sorry. Wishing you both a speedy and full recovery.
Agreed! I'd like to just hear the facts. Did they fly or drive (stops on the way?) Those things aren't against the rules, and hopefully we could keep out the side stuff. I just checked and I could move my trip all the way to next summer and only pay $100 more to move the flights. I'm seriously considering this and these reports help me make those calls.

Thanks for your report. How were crowds at Conservation Station? Is that area indoors or outdoors?
Not a lot of people there. The petting zoo area is open. The Conservation Station is a covered building. There were people there to answer questions about the animals and there is a surgical area there too. Nothing was going on when I was there though. There is also the drawing area that is at certain times. Looks like it would be fun to do. There are also restrooms and a small souvenir stand that sells bottled water/pop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter