So would I... if someone else was paying for my trip. :) When we have near $10,000 invested in our 10 night stay this summer, I don't want to gamble on our experience. The system worked great for us in the past. It's not the fault of those that used the system properly, that others didn't plan or research and then complain about their experience.

We didn't need to be at the parks at opening, let alone 45 minutes prior.
We could take an afternoon break with an attraction waiting for us when we came back with a short wait
We could hit all the headliners with short waits
If we wanted, we could choose to get up early really make a day of it walking on popular rides at park opening, or we could stay late and do the same. Now, you HAVE TO do this if you want those shorter headliner waits.

I'm just praying for the previous system to come back since there is more and more evidence from this awesome thread lately that crowds have grown to a level that has pushed guests to continually wait way too long in lines. If that's our experience this summer, sadly WDW will no longer be getting our money. We will move to our other favorite vacation options like cruises (non Disney).

Dan
I can see how money spent can have an impact too. My trips are generally around the 1000-1500 mark. While I never really rode anything without a FP, I also didn't really mind not having them either.

For those that have recently gone, I was wondering if Kali River Rapids is running back to normal. When we went in August, none of the water features were really working so we didn't get wet at all. We missed the old ride! We are going back next week and don't want to wait in the line if it isn't the normal getting soaked ride!

For those that have recently gone, I was wondering if Kali River Rapids is running back to normal. When we went in August, none of the water features were really working so we didn't get wet at all. We missed the old ride! We are going back next week and don't want to wait in the line if it isn't the normal getting soaked ride!

We were in AK 6/3 and rode it. My memory is horrible because I can't remember all the extra places you get wet besides the manual water blasters from above which are still covered up. We had 12 on our boat and not 1 of us was soaked, in fact I barely got splashed however we did see a family get off while we were in line and they were soaked. Sorry this doesn't help. We took up a whole boat including 3 children that wanted to ride. We waited less than 30 minutes in the late afternoon. If it hadn't been for the kids I don't think I would've waited.

We were there a week and a half ago, and the entire raft was DRENCHED. We were giggling like mad people after that.

(Side note : I wish KRR was a bit longer, as California Adventure's Grizzly River Run is/seems to be).

you know we barely got wet but I did see people walking off while we were waiting and some were very wet. Weird

On Sunday 6/6 we rope dropped Magic Kingdom. We walked over to the Casitas stop at CSR and the first MK bus of the day came at 6:31. It filled half full from the people at our stop, and filled completely from the people at Ranchos. So anybody at Cabanas and the Tower stops would've missed that first bus, again.

We arrived at MK at 7, they opened the park about 7:15. We originally wanted to do Splash first, but it wasn't running when we got over to Frontierland, with the line already going over the bridge. BTMRR only had a couple people waiting though, so we waited there. It opened about 7:30. It seems like almost nothing is running first thing at MK, but we were able to walk onto BTMRR and then Pirates, followed by Jungle Cruise with only a 10 or so minute wait. I kept checking the app, but HM was down and Splash opened about 8:30 to an immediate 40 minute wait. So, we headed over to see what we could do in Fantasyland.

We did Peter Pan with a 20 minute wait and Pooh with about a half hour wait. Finally, around 10, HM opened and we motored over there as fast as we could. We waited about 25 minutes for that, then headed back to Adventureland for Dole Whips. By 11AM waits had gotten crazy almost everywhere. We finished our Dole Whips, and just decided to suck it up and wait for a headliner. SDMT was posted at a 65 minute wait, but we wound up only waiting 50. In this line we experienced the most egregious lack of mask compliance of our trip, though. A mom and two teenage girls were in front of us. They pulled their masks up for show when a cast member was checking, then spent almost the entire indoor queue eating with the masks as chin straps. *sigh*

After Mine Train, we headed over to Tomorrowland and did the Peoplemover with a 10 minute or so wait. Then it was time for lunch at the Plaza. After lunch, since Splash was posting a 60 minute wait, SM sat at 40 and we were pretty hot and sweaty anyway, we opted to head back to CSR for some pool time.

We took a break for about 3 years, but will be going the end of July.

I'm curious as to why the hrs haven't been extended when most things I've seen are returning back to normal?

We've never been in the summer, but after reading some of the posts...the late night hours seem to be what's needed in the summer sun/heat and getting everything done.

Also, the parks are so pretty at night and with most closing at dusk, that makes me a bit sad.

We took a break for about 3 years, but will be going the end of July.

I'm curious as to why the hrs haven't been extended when most things I've seen are returning back to normal?

We've never been in the summer, but after reading some of the posts...the late night hours seem to be what's needed in the summer sun/heat and getting everything done.

Also, the parks are so pretty at night and with most closing at dusk, that makes me a bit sad.

Still getting staffing back.

If you look carefully at what is re-opening, it's almost totally things that bring in more revenue. Money.....look at the huge amount they're saving with limited hours. People are willing to fill the parks so no hurry to expand those hours.

If you look carefully at what is re-opening, it's almost totally things that bring in more revenue. Money.....look at the huge amount they're saving with limited hours. People are willing to fill the parks so no hurry to expand those hours.
Now that you mention that, I totally see it! That's so sad, and unfortunately I think a lot of places are doing this.

I almost wish I would've done better research before booking. I'm bringing my son for his 18th birthday and graduation from HS trip.

We are both very fair and figured we could do the parks mainly a few hrs in the morning and go back in the evening. My fault for not looking into it better...oh well. Here's to hoping the extend them even a tiny bit, I would love to see the parks at night, especially since we probably won't be back for another several years.

We just finished up a fun 3 days at USO and VB and are heading over to Disney this morning for 7 days. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time and are really excited. We have a late breakfast ressie at Whispering Canyon and are then hoping to relax a bit at the pool until our room is ready and then head to MK. We also have a dinner reservation at Skipper.

I will say that the weekend crowds and waits at USO over the weekend gave me a lot of hope for Disney’s crowds. It was very manageable, didn’t seem too crazy and the longest we waited for anything was 40 min for Hagrid’s (which may be my new favorite ride of all time and make sure you go on it at night!) But then on Monday it was INSANE! Just wall to wall people by 10am. You could barely move and the waits were pretty much an hour or more for everything. We started doing single-rider because of it. And forget trying to even get a drink or snack much less an actual meal. The lines were so crazy. It was a rough day compared to Sat and Sun which is interesting.

Anyway, so I WAS feeling good about Disney crowds over the next week based on our first 2 days but now I’m more nervous. I’ll try to report back each evening.

Just got back from a 8 Day Trip and here is some observations.

First Day was AK and they had no power and would not offer another park reservation. We basically went to Pandora (the only land open) and hung out until things opened back up.

Rope Dropped MK the next day. We got there at 7:15 and the only ride to open before 8 was 7 Dwarfs. Big Thunder (last day before refurb), Splash, HM, Peter Pan, NOTHING was open. Totally woke up early for nothing.

Kill Splash Mountain please. I love that ride, but nothing was working properly, it was super sad to see it in such awful shape. If you aren't going to take care of it start the refurb already.

Skipper Canteen might just be my new favorite Disney Restaurant. Everything was delicious, AC and water was cold and the staff was entertaining.

Hollywood Studios cast members are the best. They always seem to be having fun and have the best attitudes.

Line manipulation was in full effect. Saw several cases of this, but the most frustrating one was Soarin. They would run one theater for a couple of rounds, then open up the others. On some shows they would only fill A and C, but no B.

Bus Scheduling needs work. Waited way too long for busses in the hot sun. I used Lyft more than usual on this trip.

I had a good experience at Cosmic Ray's. We placed the last mobile order of the day and I can't suggest the Spicy Chicken Sandwich enough. Very tasty and my family eating alone with Sunny Eclipse was an unexpected highlight of the trip.

Coral Reef needs updating BAD, but the food and service was good.

Finally even though this is no longer valid as of today there needed to be more consistency with masks. First ride on Splash masks were required in the outdoor queue. The second time we rode it masks were not required. Also made zero sense on 7 Dwarfs that those lined up against the wall on the outside of the queue didn't need masks, but those lined up against the wall inside the queue needed them. We were literally 8 inches apart. All for show.

Now that you mention that, I totally see it! That's so sad, and unfortunately I think a lot of places are doing this.

I almost wish I would've done better research before booking. I'm bringing my son for his 18th birthday and graduation from HS trip.

We are both very fair and figured we could do the parks mainly a few hrs in the morning and go back in the evening. My fault for not looking into it better...oh well. Here's to hoping the extend them even a tiny bit, I would love to see the parks at night, especially since we probably won't be back for another several years.
I'm wondering if they might extend park hours as we get closer. I'm also going at the end of July.

Last week, my son got drenched. But there’s a story here. Right before Sea World opened Infinity Falls, my son auditioned for the commercial. So he knew that one had a big drop. I forgot he had never been on Kali. He is on the autism spectrum and he went by himself because dh and I didn’t want to get wet. So trying something new he was nervous, but being the actor he is, he didn’t let it show. I videotaped him at the end from the bridge. He was soaked and smiling. He got off and said it was awesome, but that we should have told him it wasn’t a thrill ride like Infinity Falls. Would have saved him some stressing and suspense.

Can someone report what percentage of guests (especially those obviously under age 12) are not wearing masks today?

Not many kids were wearing masks outside when rules changed to outdoor not having to wear one.

I’m going to Epcot today at some point to check out the impact of the new rules.

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Orlando over the weekend for a conference and very few people wore masks at the hotel. The convention required masks, so most people at the convention were wearing them.

I’m expecting the same type of response at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter