• Controversial Topics Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Minnie Vans have not been reinstated since the reopening so it’s normal Lyft. If you're asking what type of vehicles Lyft uses, I'm sorry but I don't know as I've never used a ride share.
They use whatever vehicle the driver owns-you’ll know before you book. On the bright side, it’ll be a fraction of the cost of Minnie Vans!

They use whatever vehicle the driver owns-you’ll know before you book. On the bright side, it’ll be a fraction of the cost of Minnie Vans!
Thanks. I was helping the OP. I plan on using Disney transportation for our upcoming trip as I have always found it meets our needs and I don't feel it necessary to spend extra $ on external transportation services.

Yay for upcoming trip!
Thank you!!! We are SO hoping we can go this time although realistically a lot needs to happen. The border closure and mandatory quarantine upon return are deal breakers right now but a lot can happen in the next 4 months so we're waiting and watching. If we need to day again we will and oh how we'll celebrate once we eventually make it back to our happy place!! :)

Thank you!!! We are SO hoping we can go this time although realistically a lot needs to happen. The border closure and mandatory quarantine upon return are deal breakers right now but a lot can happen in the next 4 months so we're waiting and watching. If we need to day again we will and oh how we'll celebrate once we eventually make it back to our happy place!! :)

Good luck! Your posts have helped me so much on our trip, you deserve a great one!!

We just finished our 7 day trip today. The longest we waited in line was 40 minutes for FOP. We only rope dropped DHS on day one the second day we arrived at 830.

We got to to AK at 9am walked on Everest and dinosaur, 40 minutes for FOP and 25 for safari and about 30 for Kali. Lines all moved quickly. Navi was long as usual I would never wait more than 10 minutes for that ride so we always skip it.

Our two days at MK we arrived around 845. Walked on splash, thunder, and HM. We waited 20 minutes for SM and around 30 for Pirates, and Buzz. The second day we added small world which was 20 minutes. If you can live without riding mine train which I can you can sleep in a bit.

Epcot we entered through the world showcase at ten and walked on everything. It was an easy day minus the torrential rain.

DHS I screwed up the boarding pass at 7am. We were one of the first ones in the park at 815. We walked on MMRR. Then we went to tower of terror and that screwed up our day it said 15 minutes it ended up being 40. They only had one elevator running by the time we got off the wait was 90 minutes. We did get a boarding pass at 1pm. We came back to the park at 6pm and there wasn’t much of a wait for anything.

Our second DHS day was great. We got boarding group 17. We arrived at 830 walked on Smugglers, 22 minutes for MMRR stated 30, rode ROTR, 40 minute wait for Aerosmith actual 20, 40 minutes for toy story actual20, old Star Wars 20 minutes. If you can live without riding slinky dog there is no reason to stress about being the first one in the park. If tower of terror is a must do I would head there first. We didn’t even attempt it the second day. With one or two elevators running it’s a mess.

It was a really great trip. I don’t see the point of getting up at 5am and waiting in line for an hour just to not have have to wait in line. It’s kind of counter productive. My advice would be to just get to the parks before nine and have a plan. Zig when everyone else zags. Such as don’t head to FOP first. Ride everything else first and then do FOP. FOP usually posts about 60 minutes all day but it’s closer to 35 or 40. The line moves quickly.

Park passes were sold out everyday for a trip. It still was a great trip. I’ll never get a trip like January or last August those were once in a lifetime. I really don’t know how things are going to work if they keep increasing capacity without some kind of fast pass system. 30 minutes waits are no big deal. If it starts getting to be an hour people aren’t going to be happy.

Think you just answered my concerns about a July trip - I’m sensing nightmare scenario!
You can read my previous post and that was not my experience at all. We never had trouble getting on a bus around 8 to 830 am. I dont know what went on at 7 am with the people that wanted to be first in the park. Honestly I think people make this way more stressful than it needs to be. Get to the parks early, but I don’t see the point in getting to a bus stop at 630 , waiting in line for a bus and then waiting to get into the parks. That’s 90 minutes of waiting to avoid waiting.

You can read my previous post and that was not my experience at all. We never had trouble getting on a bus around 8 to 830 am. I dont know what went on at 7 am with the people that wanted to be first in the park. Honestly I think people make this way more stressful than it needs to be. Get to the parks early, but I don’t see the point in getting to a bus stop at 630 , waiting in line for a bus and then waiting to get into the parks. That’s 90 minutes of waiting to avoid waiting.
That was us too. We did RD our first day at HS, but that was it. We were in line for the Skyliner by 7:30 for a 9 opening. But after that, we just tried to get there early. For our first MK day, we arrived at the buses at 8:30 with a 10 minute wait. Our 2nd MK day, we got there at 7:40 and got right on the bus. Both days MK opened at 8. We took an afternoon break both days. And we still did everything we wanted to do.

For our family/group, trying to RD was not worth the wait or stress of getting up so early. We got a little extra sleep and a lot of peace. Just do whatever works for your group. Everyone will be much happier that way! 😃

Has anyone who has recently gone have been able to change park reservations close to travel or while there? We are going next week, been watching the weather, and starting to get a little concerned. I’d like to switch around some park reservation days but of course there’s no availability to do that right now. Looks like it will be down pouring on us in MK if it stays this way.

We are in the same boat! We are driving down tonight and it looks like a good chance of rain for the next several days. :( We are only doing two days at the parks this trip - Tues and Wed. I really don't like this park reservation system at all.

We are in the same boat! We are driving down tonight and it looks like a good chance of rain for the next several days. :( We are only doing two days at the parks this trip - Tues and Wed. I really don't like this park reservation system at all.
We live an hour from Orlando. Yesterday we had a 90% chance of storms and it didn’t even rain. Not saying this won’t happen this week but it’s very possible it either won’t rain or might only rain for a bit

We’ve been a bunch and have taken MDE every time but once. Even when things were 100% capacity, even during holidays, even during breaks, I’ve never seen the MDE line 1/10 what is is today. I have pics I’ll post once I can rotate them, but it’s well past where the rentals car counters end. And it’s not spaced out!

Last edited:
Agree with this — here now, and we have arrived at our bus stop at AKL every morning 90 minutes before park opening (closer to 75 minutes for MK and AK, although that made me a little nervous). We’ve made the first bus every time and been there for rope drop or close to it. But families arriving only 60 minutes before don’t always seem to make it, FYI.

Is there a genuine LINE for the bus? How do you ensure you are first or second (or tenth or twelfth) on the bus if you were the first or second (or tenth or twelfth) family to arrive at the bus stop? My memory of WL morning waits were just a crowd of people milling about, with no line or first come firsts served type of thing going on. If I drag myself out of bed to be at a bus stop by 6:30 before most anyone else, I want to make sure the latecomers don't steal my sleep deprived spot!! How do I do that? I'll be at SSR if that helps.

Thanks!

We’ve been a bunch and have taken MDE every time but once. Even when things were 100% capacity, even during holidays, even during breaks, I’ve never seen the MDE line 1/10 what is is today. I have pics I’ll post once I can rotate them, but it’s well past where the rentals car counters end. And it’s not spaced out!

Doesn’t look fun (posted at 11am). Hope your wait doesn’t end up being too long.

Last edited:
I saw a few people posting pics on twitter- it is crazy long! Interested to know how long it actually takes to get on to a bus...

4/13 8:30 am to 8:50 pm.

Got up around 6:30 to try to get ROTR, had atomic clock going on computer at the stroke of 7 hit join, join and no luck. Oh well, no big deal. Did score an ADR to HBD for 12:20 for lunch so that was good.

Went and had breakfast at the Fresh Med. Market at the Dolphin and walked over to HS. In the gate by around 8:30.

Walked to ToT, posted wait time 13 min., walk on until the boiler room then 5 min. wait.
Over to MMRR, posted wait time 20 min and it was.
I don't do RRRC, hurts my neck and not even for science. By now the park was officially open and the lowest wait time for the big ticket rides was 40 min.
Went to ride MF, posted wait 60 min, was 40 so score.
Over to SDD, posted wait 60 min and it was, this was the first bad line of the day, nothing like yesterday but there were a couple of kids that felt they needed to throw tantrums about every 4th line and would sit while about 5 lines opened in front, parents tried bribing but that didn't work.
Alien saucers was posted 30 min. and I was wasting time until lunch so hopped in that line, it was 30 min. another family of bad kids in front and behind me.
Went into One Man's Dream and about halfway through the exhibit they announced the movie was going to start in 4 min. so I went to watch that. Love that movie.
Did my on line check in at HBD and meandered over in that direction and was called to eat. I sat down at exactly 12:20. Ordered my Cobb Salad and glass of wine and decided why not try for RotR at 1, can't hurt. Got boarding group 138. Celebrated with a piece of grapefruit cake.
I don't ride Star Tours since it makes me sick, not even for science.
Went through a couple of shops on the way out of the park. Caught the boat back to Dolphin and some pool time.
Back to HS around 4ish and wandered through some shops. Wandered around Star Wars watching Storm Troopers and waving at Chewy (cause he's my man).
BG called at 5:51. In line at 5:55. Into first pre-show at 6:20.
Decided to ride the skyliner to Epcot. Why do they make you go to CB first then double back right where you started? That route must have been designed by the engineers who designed spaghetti junction on 75 in Atlanta, drunk as skunks. Could have walked from HS to Epcot faster and probably could have taken the boat and gotten there faster but did it for science.
Am doing the garden graze at the F&G booths so got the Lemon Magdalena cake in Morocco. Not the best thing I've had so far, actually needed a knife to cut it. Wandered through WS, stopping to look at topiaries and went into America and looked at the Soul exhibit. Second garden graze item for the day (actually got one other yesterday grilled vegetables) Pineapple skewer at Refreshment Outpost, nice big spear of pineapple with Tajin seasoning on it, I'd get that again.
Saw ride in Mexico was posted 5 min. so wandered over there. I'm not a fan of this ride since they changed it but, well science. Wait to get in the pyramid was 5 min, wait to get on the ride 10 min. Headed back through the two shops at the front of WS, through Canada and GB and back to Dolphin. Walked out of the gates at 8:50 pm.

Tomorrow MK day.

MF?? Wracking my brain...canNOT decode this ride name. I wish the acronym list was ALWAYS on the side of these posts. I have a huge four inch blank section on my screen next to every post which could be utilized for that.

Sooooo...anyone want to explain how to get uber or lyft or taxi to SSR? Especially to someone who never ever in their life has taken an uber or lyft or taxi?? Also, how much would it be and what would the tip need to be?

Download the app and tell it where you want to go. The app will give you a description of the car and the photo of the driver and it will tell you where you need to be. I think MCO has a special place for ride-shares (I’ve never used it at the airport). That’s pretty much it.

Uber and Lyft both have estimators on how much it will probably cost.

https://www.uber.com/us/en/price-estimate/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter